Car: Ssm 2011 Sti
Fav Mod: Access port
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lastwrights is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQXXX View Post
So in other words there is some splicing into other wires?
Yes you do.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-13, 07:35 PM   #122
BBQXXX
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BBQXXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFID Push Start for STI

Where are the wires?

Also with where you put the key pad, wouldn't it be a pain to take off the panel to start it? Or can you access it through the vent there?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-13, 07:37 PM   #123
lastwrights
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQXXX View Post
Where are the wires?

Also with where you put the key pad, wouldn't it be a pain to take off the panel to start it? Or can you access it through the vent there?
It takes less then a second to take that panel off. And all the wires are under the driver side dash.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-13, 07:39 PM   #124
BBQXXX
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BBQXXX is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice. Thanks for the info!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-13, 08:05 PM   #125
Sniper2606
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: Silver 2011 STI
Fav Mod: Downpipe
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sniper2606 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suck some dick to have this now...no homo
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-13, 08:17 PM   #126
lastwrights
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
I would suck some dick to have this now...no homo
LMFAO
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-13, 09:49 PM   #127
gregroot198521
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

gregroot198521 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI Bomber View Post
4 people no longer own a Subaru
:huh:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-13, 10:31 PM   #128
monkiboy
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Car: 08 wrb wrx sedan
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

monkiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

this has been covered quite a few times before with the advanced keys system. i'm surprised not a single person here has seen it on 3gwrx/wrxforums or on nasioc.

i did the install on my 08 wrx a little over two years ago. it's a great little treat and always a talking point when you hand a fob over instead of your keys, haha.

here's the original post from 10/2010 with video and photos of components and original install:
custom sedan LED taillamps ... (monkiboy - build journal) - Page 3

i then got bored with the boring nissan/lexus push start and installed the jdm red sti push start button...

for those interested, here's the pin out for the jdm red sti push start button:

it works just like the nissan/lexus black push start button but the STI logo is slick and glows red and carries the amber, green, and red status LED changes.

i swapped to the jdm red push start button about a year ago and swapped in an STI instrument cluster for the shifter light/buzzer, high mph reading and dccd display i plan to integrate to my dccd controller with the help of jeff reid/dccdpro.

i made a video after the install that shows how easy it is to work and with no key in the cylinder and the jdm key cover plate.

https://www.youtube.com/v/http://youtu.be/Y--CvVm5Z1A
August 3, 2012 5:55 PM - YouTube

i import jdm parts often, so if interested i got one more jdm red sti push start button in my last shipment - just let me know.

lastly, here's the DIY on 3gwrx/wrxforums from a year or so ago with nice descriptions of the wiring and components required to really make things easy for you:

DIY: Push to Start

the advanced keys system is $349 or you can just installed the push start system for much less using one module instead of also doing the keyless entry. even cheaper if you tell them you don't want their push start because you'll be using the jdm red STI push start button.

here's a picture installed from someone i helped acquire their jdm pieces and the jdm power folding mirrors (note the power folding interior switch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI-Rhino View Post
I have seen the Push Button Starts with STI on them on the NASIOC Forms a couple of years ago. Probably won't be too hard to just switch the buttons out once the system becomes available for those who rather have that than the push to start engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsubsti View Post
this is awesome, I wonder is the STI jdm push start button could also be used with this kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwrights View Post
Possibly? I would have to see the back of the sti button to tell for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STI-Rhino View Post
I guess just google STI Push Button Start and maybe under images one will come up where you can tell if it would work or not.
yes, the jdm red sti push start will work. just follow my wiring pin-out above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremer930 View Post
I assume that there would be a RHD version also? Put me down too if the cost is reasonable.
the jdm interior bezel for the push start button is not rhd/lhd specific and fits both, so you would be covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdman2006 View Post
Tell them to bring a GD version out
it is not chassis specific. while the jdm interior panel makes it look incredibly OEM, you can install the push start button anywhere you want in your cabin. you can take the BRZ surround bezel in fact and easily modify your GD interior with it for an OEM look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjl44 View Post
If they could integrate the remote start with the Viper system it would be simple.
it's incredibly easy to integrate the factory alarm or aftermarket modules, remote start, whatever you already have to the advancedkeys system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly View Post
Will this work with the 08+ WRX's as well?
absolutely, my install and DIY is on my 08 wrx and it hasn't failed me in over 2.5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsover9000 View Post
i want...i want...i cant believe we have to pay for something they get factory in japan...and folding side mirrors.
yeah, that's how the market works. i import jdm parts for a lot of the member's in our community so i know it better than most. the folding side mirrors are awesome. if interested, let me know, that is also one of my favorite mods!

this is from a few years ago; my car looks much different now

oh and here's the nasioc link to yet another DIY (albeit never completed) but with some additional electronic information.

Push Button Start for USDM 2012 WRX - NASIOC
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 05:19 AM   #129
lastwrights
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
this has been covered quite a few times before with the advanced keys system. i'm surprised not a single person here has seen it on 3gwrx/wrxforums or on nasioc.

i did the install on my 08 wrx a little over two years ago. it's a great little treat and always a talking point when you hand a fob over instead of your keys, haha.

here's the original post from 10/2010 with video and photos of components and original install:
custom sedan LED taillamps ... (monkiboy - build journal) - Page 3

i then got bored with the boring nissan/lexus push start and installed the jdm red sti push start
button...

for those interested, here's the pin out for the jdm red sti push start button:
Image Link

it works just like the nissan/lexus black push start button but the STI logo is slick and glows red and carries the amber, green, and red status LED changes.

i swapped to the jdm red push start button about a year ago and swapped in an STI instrument cluster for the shifter light/buzzer, high mph reading and dccd display i plan to integrate to my dccd controller with the help of jeff reid/dccdpro.

i made a video after the install that shows how easy it is to work and with no key in the cylinder and the jdm key cover plate.

movie
August 3, 2012 5:55 PM - YouTube

i import jdm parts often, so if interested i got one more jdm red sti push start button in my last shipment - just let me know.

Image Link

lastly, here's the DIY on 3gwrx/wrxforums from a year or so ago with nice descriptions of the wiring and components required to really make things easy for you:

DIY: Push to Start

the advanced keys system is $349 or you can just installed the push start system for much less using one module instead of also doing the keyless entry. even cheaper if you tell them you don't want their push start because you'll be using the jdm red STI push start button.

here's a picture installed from someone i helped acquire their jdm pieces and the jdm power folding mirrors (note the power folding interior switch).

Image Link

yes, the jdm red sti push start will work. just follow my wiring pin-out above.

the jdm interior bezel for the push start button is not rhd/lhd specific and fits both, so you would be covered!

it is not chassis specific. while the jdm interior panel makes it look incredibly OEM, you can install the push start button anywhere you want in your cabin. you can take the BRZ surround bezel in fact and easily modify your GD interior with it for an OEM look.

it's incredibly easy to integrate the factory alarm or aftermarket modules, remote start, whatever you already have to the advancedkeys system.

absolutely, my install and DIY is on my 08 wrx and it hasn't failed me in over 2.5 years.

yeah, that's how the market works. i import jdm parts for a lot of the member's in our community so i know it better than most. the folding side mirrors are awesome. if interested, let me know, that is also one of my favorite mods!

this is from a few years ago; my car looks much different now

oh and here's the nasioc link to yet another DIY (albeit never completed) but with some additional electronic information.

Push Button Start for USDM 2012 WRX - NASIOC

The advance key system is not a simple install first off . You need two separate modules just for keyless and push button start. Second you will still have to buy a remote start and a immobilizer bypass so now your up to four different parts and 40 different wire connections you have to make. Plus you don't get the comfort closure handle(outside door handle). Then your still not done next you still have extra relays to wire for things like your trunk pop with your advance key system.

You can't even compare this system to a four part pieced together advance key system.
RFID Push Start for STI-image-jpg
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 07:06 AM   #130
monkiboy
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Car: 08 wrb wrx sedan
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

monkiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwrights View Post
The advance key system is not a simple install first off . You need two separate modules just for keyless and push button start. Second you will still have to buy a remote start and a immobilizer bypass so now your up to four different parts and 40 different wire connections you have to make. Plus you don't get the comfort closure handle(outside door handle). Then your still not done next you still have extra relays to wire for things like your trunk pop with your advance key system.

You can't even compare this system to a four part pieced together advance key system.
i would agree that the "go easy systems" package is likely less time-consuming to install being that it utilizes can-bus.

the advanced-keys system is a simple install. it's been so well documented at least four times now on the GH/GE/GR/GV chassis that there's no reason not to know exactly what you need and how to wire it for your intended purpose.

you do not need to buy a remote start. the push start module of the advanced keys system incorporates a remote start function.

you do need an immobilizer bypass with the advanced keys install which is <$11 shipped on ebay.

without the canbus communication, you will have more wiring to do, but there certainly are not 40 some wires to use for the typical installation of the complete advanced keys system. thankfully, they provide absolutely everything you could ever want for wiring and much of it you don't use and can remove. but if you are creative, implementing with your OEM or aftermarket alarm, or other systems, it is incredibly easy as all inputs, signals, relays, are there for your using if you like.

why is the comfort closure handle of interest to you? that seems to add more complexity and a required input. i would argue most people would not like to have to find a button to press to enter their vehicle. the whole point of RFID is to allow access to the vehicle once the appropriate verification has been obtained. so you walk up to your car and get in - no need to push anything or install a specific handle.

yes, if you wanted a trunk pop via the RFID fob, you'd have to wire it in. the great thing with the advancedkeys system is you can wire it to your liking. so i actually don't carry my RFID card. i utilize my stock subaru OEM fob for everything and that's all i carry and don't utilize the keyless entry as i use my OEM system for that.

i do think you might be over-selling the CAN interface. if you look in the FSM, everything is easily identified that requires wiring. even easier because it's been documented myriad times for our specific installation. the only selling point is less install time.

the problem with the "go easy systems" interface utilizing CAN is troubleshooting. it will be more difficult/impossible to troubleshoot as it uses digital CAN communications that can't be tested in any way. so, if it doesn't work the only thing one can do is buy another module. with a standard alarm system, one can test each input, sensor, or output for proper function.

i should mention, that the wiring pin-out i posted for the jdm red push start button has been confirmed for install on the advanced keys system as shown. the manufacturer will actually ship you a harness for simple population into the back and the jdm button. you can tell them not to ship you a button and instead a harness and save a good chunk of change. looks like this:

i think you can certainly compare these systems and it's important we do. there's going to be a preferred solution for many a buyer and i think it's important to educate our community on the options, operation, price differences, support, etc.

at the very least folks now know there is an already well-supported and documented solution out there for RFID keyless entry, remote start, push start, and seemless use of the jdm components (interior bezel, sti red push start button, and key cylinder cover) for incorporation into our vehicles.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement