IW STi Forum banner

Would an enhanced NAV "live gauge" display be useful?

NAV Display of ECU Data

45K views 61 replies 46 participants last post by  murfnamedsmurf 
#1 · (Edited)
NOTE:
You can select more than one option in the poll. If you vote, please choose one box from the "I would use..." list and one from the "This would..." list. Basically the poll is to assess how often you feel you would use the feature as well as if you feel it would increase the value of the NAV option.

Thread Description:

Having the OEM NAV unit display useful information like boost, AFR, IAM, etc, would be much more useful to 2008+ STI owners than simply seeing Avg MPG (already availabe by clock), instant MPG (who cares), and throttle position % (who cares). If we assume that this data is being collected from the ECU, then it should be a relatively simple matter for Subaru to provide an update to enable the display useful data.

While it is unlikely this post will cause Subaru to release an update to enable this for 2008 owners, it might serve to show interest for having it as a 2009 feature.

Posting Rules:

For those that would like to see this feature, please post here. Please only post if you would like to see this feature. Also, if you could indicate whether you are a current owner or potential buyer (08 or 09+) that would be helpful too.

This is not a discussion thread.

See less See more
#33 ·
Wow the HKS Comp2 does look very enticing. Might have to start looking for one of these units :)

#38 ·
Plugging in my Zune into the Video in jack yesterday I thought what a great thing if the AP v3 was developed with a DIN jack like the ZUNE for video out.

So add this feature to the next AP v3 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would sell my AP v2 and buy a new AP v3 instantly

you want my $$ then you know what to do

#41 ·
I'm so close to pulling the pin on the Magden Mb1 unit and geeting one. I think this a great idea. From my short e-mail communication with Magnus at Magden our Subarus have a the very fast CAN system of displaying the ECU parameters. From what he had told me, the MAP (Boost) channel would be sampled at 5-6 Hz depending on the other channels sampled. That seems pretty "real time to me". Magden is also pretty sure the GR ECU outputs a wideband LAMBDA channel also. Thats great value for $650 or whatever the price is. Now is only they had audio/MP3 solfware included that would read mp3's off a USB stick/hardrive and be able to control it over the same aftermarket touchsreen......I would be their spokeperson:lol:

#42 ·
Just FYI but there is no wideband O2 channel. He is right about CAN being quicker though.

#44 ·
We have two narrowband sensors. One in the front and one in the rear, near the end of the downpipe.

#45 ·
I have been working with them since last October. I will also be putting the M1 with the ZT-1 interface in my 09. I think it is the best and cleanest solution to the guage problem in our cars. Now that they are offering the wireless mouse option it helps with the lack of touch screen options for the car. Any data you cant get from the OBD port, you can get through the ZT1 interface with external sensors, just like guages use.

#49 ·
The magden computer will do that. I am still going to go this route. The only downer with this setup is the touch screen from the OEM head unit will not control the computer. This is not a big deal as there are many other options available with a wireless mouse, another 7" display, etc.....

#55 ·
This is semi possible by using a hacked iPhone.... Get the app called REV, and buy a PLX Kiwi Wifi (wifi OBD-II scanner). Then you can hack your iPhone to use the OEM NAV as an extended desktop by attaching a set of video cables to your NAV's video aux input in the console.

This is totally do-able, and you'll only spend $215.00 for all parts vs. the crazy expense of the HKS system.

***For reference on hacking your iPhone, do a Google search for "iPhone extended desktop"

#58 ·
thank god i searched before i posted something about this. i was wondering if there was some sort of cd we could put in and it would have something on it to let us see more gauges as stated in the original post. i saw that the nav came with a cd that had more maps and features blah blah blah on it. anyways this would be very useful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.