Q300 and whats quieter to stop police giving me shit - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Q300 and whats quieter to stop police giving me shit
Q300 and whats quieter to stop police giving me shit
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Q300 and whats quieter to stop police giving me shit

Old 11-21-16, 09:14 AM   #51
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Q300 and whats quieter to stop police giving me shit

Cobb GD exhausts are not exactly quiet. Yes I have been ticketed for load exhaust with one, and they're not full 3". They are not all bad though, they are well made and sound decent.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 08-03-17 at 03:51 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-16, 01:43 PM   #52
brapp
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enoughbrapp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake Eater View Post
Hwve a look at the reducer used with the muffler, it looks like it drops down in size heaps.

Not a real comparison when comparing a reducer or muffler which is the same size as the pipe.

I guesstimate the funnel for retaining the baffle drops the pipe size down 100%, of course a 1.5" outlet will cause a bottle neck.

That greddy rear can with the baffle, IMO, is rubbish.
My understanding was that the debate was whether or not running a Tomei Ti exhaust with the silencer would cause loss of power and/or running rich.

I own the Tomei exhaust in question, and the silencer looks exactly the same as the on used on that Greddy exhaust. Therefore, I do believe that Xluben's findings would be consistent with the results that would be found with the Tomei exhaust.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-21-16, 07:04 PM   #53
Cake Eater
Master Contributor Level 1

Car: 15 STI
Fav Mod: My GFB BOV
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Cake Eater has a spectacular aura aboutCake Eater has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp View Post
My understanding was that the debate was whether or not running a Tomei Ti exhaust with the silencer would cause loss of power and/or running rich.

I own the Tomei exhaust in question, and the silencer looks exactly the same as the on used on that Greddy exhaust. Therefore, I do believe that Xluben's findings would be consistent with the results that would be found with the Tomei exhaust.
The OP asked about a Q300, the Tomei/Greddy Ti exhausts are rubbish with the silencer and to loud without.

Reading the link suppied to support the increased back pressure claim only provided evidence that they may be fine for a stock power car but due to huge reduction and therefore restriction from the silencer they are not a viable option.

Disclaimer: I have a INVIDIA Q300, there is a ton of room for a larger resinator in the mid pipe. So for between $100 and $200 it could be fixed without any detriment to power.

This thread lost its way from what the OP asked, it did however turn into a immature I'm right and your wrong pissing contest.

This is why it is so hard finding information on this site, the thread has many pages, but few relevant posts to the original question.

Last edited by Cake Eater; 11-21-16 at 07:17 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-16, 12:03 AM   #54
Boxer112
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: ISM 2017 Sti
My Subaru Parts for sale

Boxer112 is on a distinguished road

I know the OP. His car with Q300 is one of the loudest cars I've ever heard. He needs to get rid of it. LOL

Old 12-05-16, 02:07 PM   #55
clamb385
Active Participant

Car: 11 STI - stage 2
Fav Mod: pro tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

clamb385 is an unknown quantity at this point

dang.. I have invidia catless dp and q300 as well and would like something a little bit louder. I'm also 35 years old so not a snot nose kid.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-06-16, 06:57 AM   #56
DaveC113
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: '18 Camaro SS 1LE
Fav Mod: Don't Need Any, No Subaru
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DaveC113 will become famous soon enoughDaveC113 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This thread lost its way from what the OP asked, it did however turn into a immature I'm right and your wrong pissing contest.

This is why it is so hard finding information on this site, the thread has many pages, but few relevant posts to the original question.
Lol on saying the Tomei is junk but you run a Q300? I don't consider Invidia all that great, the Q300 comes with what, a 1-year warranty and I've seen them look like crap after a few years, badly corroded, built with what's obviously two different materials... The y-section was much more corroded vs the mid pipe section. Garbage imo, but they do polish their turds so they look nice before installation. Invidia is one of the worst value for money brands out there, highly over-rated.

As far as immature pissing contest I suppose we should not challenge bad information so it can get perpetuated and some poor dude will buy a Tomei, throw the silencer on permanently without understanding it shouldn't be used for more than cruising? Better to be more crap to sift through then get bad information... In any case you've mostly just whined and gave ridiculous opinions about what you think is too loud, people have to wade through that BS?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-17, 03:36 PM   #57
ianinbahrain
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: late 2010 STI hatch
Fav Mod: black tint rear lights
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ianinbahrain is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right , Invidia is crap.

I solved the problem eventually by buying 2 vibrant cans and custom welding them at 45 degree angles.

High flow now and as quiet as stock.

Love them
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-17, 06:29 PM   #58
Cake Eater
Master Contributor Level 1

Car: 15 STI
Fav Mod: My GFB BOV
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Cake Eater has a spectacular aura aboutCake Eater has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinbahrain View Post
You are right , Invidia is crap.

I solved the problem eventually by buying 2 vibrant cans and custom welding them at 45 degree angles.

High flow now and as quiet as stock.

Love them
In what way did you find the Invidia "crap".

Have welds broken?
To restrictive?

I ask this as I have not had any issues with mine as yet.

If it's the discoloration I'm not fussed about that, generally all stainless will oxidize over time, more so if it sees high salt levels.

If it was because of the noise level, then that is a consumer purchasing the incorrect system.

In the 2 years of having the Invidia TBE mounted I have never been pulled over for noise, and it's not like I drive around like a grandma, I'm not happy unless I can hear the induction and exhaust note for the thing running up on boost.

Overall I have found mine to sound great, I did do alot of research on it prior to purchase, in being, I found typical cars to mine and went and listened to them in person, sound clips of cars revving will not give you a idea of what an exhaust really sounds like in the flesh.

Anyways, I'm glad you have gotten the car to the sound you are after by replacing the rear boxes.

Have you got some pics?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-03-17, 11:40 AM   #59
ianinbahrain
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: late 2010 STI hatch
Fav Mod: black tint rear lights
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ianinbahrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In what way did you find the Invidia "crap".

Have welds broken?
To restrictive?

I ask this as I have not had any issues with mine as yet.

If it's the discoloration I'm not fussed about that, generally all stainless will oxidize over time, more so if it sees high salt levels.

If it was because of the noise level, then that is a consumer purchasing the incorrect system.

In the 2 years of having the Invidia TBE mounted I have never been pulled over for noise, and it's not like I drive around like a grandma, I'm not happy unless I can hear the induction and exhaust note for the thing running up on boost.

Overall I have found mine to sound great, I did do alot of research on it prior to purchase, in being, I found typical cars to mine and went and listened to them in person, sound clips of cars revving will not give you a idea of what an exhaust really sounds like in the flesh.

Anyways, I'm glad you have gotten the car to the sound you are after by replacing the rear boxes.

Have you got some pics?
Yes , Discolored and basically all rusted up and trashed. Really poor quality from my point of view as well as way more loud than necessary.

The Vibrant silencer/cans i have fitted are awesome. So dam quiet yet maximum flow as recommended by my tuner. when low in the rpm range then when WOT they really let go Really happy with them compared to the Q300 i hated for last 3 years as keeps local 5-0 at bay not pulling me when i go past them.

How do i upload photos on here.? i forgot as been such a long time.??
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-03-17, 06:31 PM   #60
lowbee
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: DGM 11 STi hatchback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lowbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinbahrain View Post
......The Vibrant silencer/cans i have fitted are awesome. So dam quiet yet maximum flow as recommended by my tuner......
What is the part number of the Vibrant you have ?
Did you add a resonator in the mid-pipe ?
A picture of the setup please .....
Better yet.... a video ....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement