Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020 - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020
Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020

Old 05-20-10, 03:03 PM   #101
sti6yr
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: kartboy endlinks, invidia n1 race cbe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti6yr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

nice car and sweet setup. i gotta offer my opinion in regards to your tie downs though. i dont really like the way the straps are x'd in the back. they are almost parallel with the rear of the car and that will allow for the car to move forward and back. you should try to get the straps more parallel with the sides of the car in stead of the rear if you know what i mean. it looks like you are trying to stop side to side movement and you dont really need to do that. sorry if im over stepping my boundries i would hate to see your car come off the trailer!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-10, 04:55 PM   #102
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nus06CGm View Post
looking good man... been following your progress for a while. All the custom stuff is so tasteful...
Thanks, kinda makes me feel good to be appreciated, as I catch grief from da wifey over this hobby. She calls it the other woman.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdRacer301 View Post
Good stuff. Definitely diggin the truck/trailer setup. Looking into a setup myself, although the truck probably won't be as nice. Anyways, good luck at M-O. I've been there, but never been on the track. It's definitely on top of my list of tracks I must run on.
RdRacer301....I enjoy following your events and your cars progression as well. Appreciate you sharing your work, car, event images and video. Hope you are not out of the game for long as you have talent. I'm hoping to have a good time at M-O, will be my first time there and hopefully not my last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti6yr View Post
nice car and sweet setup. i gotta offer my opinion in regards to your tie downs though. i dont really like the way the straps are x'd in the back. they are almost parallel with the rear of the car and that will allow for the car to move forward and back. you should try to get the straps more parallel with the sides of the car in stead of the rear if you know what i mean. it looks like you are trying to stop side to side movement and you dont really need to do that. sorry if im over stepping my boundries i would hate to see your car come off the trailer!

sti6yr, appreciate the comments and observation. That was my very first load and pull (only went like 3 blocks never exceeding 30 mph). Ended up doing the tie-down in the dark and it was like strap it and be done with it for now. It goes on again on Saturday so more attention will be paid to proper strapping for the trip to M-O. Again, I'm a first time hauler and appreciate the constructive comments from all.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-10, 04:33 AM   #103
coolblue05
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Car: 05 sti widebody
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

coolblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see any issue with those rear tie downs. Darryl, can you pm me your phone number again? Thanks!!

Sonic Yellow GDA Track Car- 500 whp, PPG dog box, quick rack, driveshaft shop axles, extensive weight reduction, Stoptech's, literally everything replaced on the suspension, etc.

S2000 Track Car- Build in progress, F22C swap, ITB setup, Porsche Rivera Blue paint, Stoptech's, Mugen Hardtop, etc.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-10, 12:12 PM   #104
sti6yr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: kartboy endlinks, invidia n1 race cbe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti6yr is an unknown quantity at this point

what event is going on at mid ohio this weekend?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-10, 04:21 PM   #105
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti6yr View Post
what event is going on at mid ohio this weekend?

Private group track rental for some exciting lapping all day Monday! This will be me =>

Also, noticed this ring around my CF driveshaft! Darn differential is moving enough that there is contact with the driveshaft at the forward top edge of the differential mount (picture coming). Spent about an hour or so clearancing the differential mount, and thought may as well install the Kartboy hardened bushings. Hoping that once I get the outrigger bushings in Saturday that between the stiffer bushings and clearancing the differential mount that I no longer have contact!

Protune video

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-04-10, 08:55 PM   #106
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Loved Mid-Ohio

Mid Ohio images:

Part of Convoy crew arrives at track:

The wave-by:

Coolblue05's Widebody:

Caged:

My attempt to pace with Coolblue05's Widebody Sti:

An issue discovered before track day:

Issue after track day which I thought was resolved, it appears I just moved the contact point. I'll be installing Kartboy outrigger bushings hoping it resolves the CF driveshaft contact with the tunnel issue. First picture shows original contact point, second picture shows no more original contact, but a new contact point about a foot away. I noticed on hoist that I can still move the differential up and down due to soft OEM outrigger bushings.

Image of one of the outrigger bushings showing gap (which to me indicates opportunity for unnecessary movement):

First picture:

Second picture:

First issue resolved picture (ground away some material covered with blue paint):

Protune video

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 06-04-10 at 09:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-04-10, 09:08 PM   #107
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Next up: T2 Coilover, added A pillar gauges (Defi EGT-AEM AFR), more bushings, Grp N engine mounts, Crawford V2 AOS, TIC titanium brake insulators, '05 style rear bumper cover with wheel opening visors and Whiteline trailing links installation. Prepping for Waterford track day in July.

Protune video

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 06-05-10 at 05:10 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-05-10, 02:40 AM   #108
A-man
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 31 reviews

Fav Mod: Group N bushings
My Subaru Parts for sale

A-man is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like pretty deep scoring on the ACPT driveshaft. I have the driveshaft and fortunately no rubbing but I second the outrigger bushings. They were a very easy install and to me made a large difference in the feel of the rear - one of my favorite mods.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-05-10, 05:09 AM   #109
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-man View Post
That looks like pretty deep scoring on the ACPT driveshaft. I have the driveshaft and fortunately no rubbing but I second the outrigger bushings. They were a very easy install and to me made a large difference in the feel of the rear - one of my favorite mods.
Yep, it would appear to be deep to you, but just catches my fingernail, so I estimate less then a mil. I"ll be living with the scoring and we will see what happens. Thanks for the comments about the outrigger bushings. Would have had them installed before my Mid-Ohio trip, but just ran out of time.

Protune video

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 06-05-10 at 06:17 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-05-10, 06:10 AM   #110
joey.lisano
Gold Member

Fav Mod: mod bug
My Subaru Parts for sale

joey.lisano is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need an extra hand, just PM me. I probably can't offer any installation wisdom, but I can hold something or bring another set of metric wrenches.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement