Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020 - Page 10 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020
Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Got2Boostit2's 2004.7 STi "Lucille"-2.0 Coming in 2020

Old 05-18-10, 05:57 PM   #91
jordanretro1223
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Stance GR+
My Subaru Parts for sale

jordanretro1223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

I'd probably wait too. You're going to want to dial them in some so give yourself some time.

You should have done the install a couple weeks ago Darryl! Or over the winter...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-10, 06:00 PM   #92
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Got2Boostit2's '04 Blue STi AKA the "Garage Queen" Becomes Trailer Queen 4 Mid-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingPoint View Post
Since we are a few days away I wouldnt dive into the T2s yet. The install should be pretty straight forward, but if anything goes wrong your in trouble, and out of time. To much stress at this point.
(said the old bull)
I have all the installs done. Except for filling the gas tank she's ready to load.

I am debating on taking the street tires just in case the track gets wet some how. I dont want to change tires not even a little.

STIs have loops bolted to the frame probably to strap them down to the boat. They work great for hooking up to the trailer. You maybe to low to take advantage.
I agree on not changing to the T2's, especially going to a new track. Will most likely change between MO and the Waterford event. I'm also thinking about taking street tires or just leaving the street tires on and changing at the track (defeats my whole purpose). I changed tires at the track once and never want to do it ever again, never! Then again, I may just change to the Nitto's leave the street tires home and baby it all day if it rains all day. I just want to drive MO and have since I was in college.

I'm using through the wheel straps as the car is too low to hook to the front hooks. Worked great during last weeks test pull.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-10, 06:12 PM   #93
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanretro1223 View Post
I'd probably wait too. You're going to want to dial them in some so give yourself some time.

You should have done the install a couple weeks ago Darryl! Or over the winter...
Yes, you are right about doing the install over the winter. But the car is usually in storage over the winter and not available for any work. If I ever redo the engine then the car will be at the shop all winter.

To be honest I actually decided I would not install the T2's till after MO as I only did one event after the hub upgrade and the car felt sooooooooooo gooooooooooood 2 me! I know it will be even better after the T2's are installed and dialed in.

I have a laundry list of crap to add:

A-pillar pod with Defi Egt and AEM A/F gauge
Crawford V2 AOS
Group N engine/trans mounts
Whiteline roll center kit
Prodrive boost solenoid
DL1 Data recorder
'07 rear bumper cover with fender arches
JDM front bumper beam
Plumb the RCE cooling ducts into the foglamp covers
P&L turbo oil feed lines
TIC Titanium front brake rotor/caliper spacers
Ported throttle body
Grimmspeed ported exhaust
Friggen 4 year old brand new Hella horns

other things that I've forgotten as the boxes have not been opened yet.

Suede steering wheel
Project Kic's 26 or 40 lugnuts depending upon stud length

Protune video

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 05-18-10 at 07:37 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-10, 05:13 AM   #94
coolblue05
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Car: 05 sti widebody
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

coolblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Darryl, 78 degrees and sunny for Monday! I am almost done finishing a few odds and ends on the STi. Just installed the CL brake pads and can't wait to test those out! Plus, my Oswald Subframe just came in, so I'll get that on before Monday as well.

Sonic Yellow GDA Track Car- 500 whp, PPG dog box, quick rack, driveshaft shop axles, extensive weight reduction, Stoptech's, literally everything replaced on the suspension, etc.

S2000 Track Car- Build in progress, F22C swap, ITB setup, Porsche Rivera Blue paint, Stoptech's, Mugen Hardtop, etc.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-10, 01:16 PM   #95
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

So, got the engine oil/filter and coolant changed today. Also got this installed:

2005 STi suede wheel and airbag.

Still have some other stuff to do as well, will be back at Thursday morning.

Protune video

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 05-19-10 at 01:19 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-10, 01:21 PM   #96
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblue05 View Post
Darryl, 78 degrees and sunny for Monday! I am almost done finishing a few odds and ends on the STi. Just installed the CL brake pads and can't wait to test those out! Plus, my Oswald Subframe just came in, so I'll get that on before Monday as well.
Yes, I looked at the outlook this morning, way better then earlier predictions. n
Saw the pad boxes in your thread, sounds great.

Protune video

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-10, 02:06 PM   #97
oldlady
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: beetle inspired steering rack
My Subaru Parts for sale

oldlady is an unknown quantity at this point

where can i get those floormats?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-10, 02:12 PM   #98
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
where can i get those floormats?
One of a kind my man.

Protune video

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-20-10, 10:06 AM   #99
Nus06CGm
Contributor
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: CGM 07 STi
Fav Mod: Protune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nus06CGm is an unknown quantity at this point

looking good man... been following your progress for a while. All the custom stuff is so tasteful...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-20-10, 02:28 PM   #100
RdRacer301
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 05 OBP STi
Fav Mod: My Right Foot
My Subaru Parts for sale

RdRacer301 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good stuff. Definitely diggin the truck/trailer setup. Looking into a setup myself, although the truck probably won't be as nice. Anyways, good luck at M-O. I've been there, but never been on the track. It's definitely on top of my list of tracks I must run on.

My Mods/Journal ..... RdRacer301's Photo Album - Rebel XTi 400D.... Want more out of your Porsche? TPC Racing
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement