GD: BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400 - Page 342 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400
BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400

Old 03-22-19, 10:12 AM   #3411
BoostJunkie
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Fav Mod: Track Time
My Subaru Parts for sale

BoostJunkie is a jewel in the roughBoostJunkie is a jewel in the roughBoostJunkie is a jewel in the roughBoostJunkie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400

For those who aren't aware, the car has been down for quite some time as a result of getting completely screwed by the person who did all of the wiring/tuning work for us since 2016. We were never able to reach a point where everything worked correctly, and last May things came to a head when a major electrical short caused by poor wiring work rendered the chassis harness unusable.

After taking a step back and evaluating options, we made the decision to completely start over from scratch, and have Race Spec build new wiring looms for the car. It took quite some time, as is to be expected with a project of this complexity, but the result was about as close to perfection as you can get. We are still using all MoTeC components, but the M130 ECU now uses a firmware package from John Reed Racing.

John was in the shop a couple of weeks ago and everything now works properly. All previous problems have been addressed, and some nice new features were added in the process. We now have wireless comms with the dash and ECU via a motorsport grade router, and the JRR package uses the M130 for DCCD control. The car made around 620/590 on a conservative development tune (29 psi). Once we get the car a bit more dialed in and put a new long block in it, we can turn up the boost and lean it out a bit and see quite a bit more power.

At this point, we're in a better position than ever to have a successful season. The electronics issues that have plagued this program since the beginning are gone, and IAG has done a hell of a job refining other aspects of the car for improved reliability. We will be testing later this month and/or early next month in preparation for a 5 or 6 event calendar over the 2019 season. Feeling very optimistic about the reliability of the car, which will hopefully allow us to turn pretty quickly to working on setup and extracting some pace. We have spent so much time and energy chasing problems, we have never really had an opportunity to focus on chassis tuning or aero. So not really expecting much in terms of being competitive right out of the box, but hoping to gather a ton of data, make incremental improvements, and finally have some fun this year!

Likes 5 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-19, 07:09 PM   #3412
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: BoostJunkie's OFFICIAL Journal- Long Overdue Update ~ 3/27/18-Post #3400

Looking forward to seeing you and car at Gridlife Midwest.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-19, 02:55 AM   #3413
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

Beautiful!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-19, 05:20 AM   #3414
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Good update. Can't wait to see it in action soon.

Very early spool on that turbo.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-27-19, 08:45 AM   #3415
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

I can't wait to see this car later this week , Its been years in the making.

Sadly mine won't be there as it has classic bugeye issues but I will swing by and see you for sure Dan.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-04-19, 08:15 PM   #3416
Razlin
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: DIY Rebuild!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Razlin is on a distinguished road

Good luck! the gremlins that come from messing with electrical stuff makes me cringe.

Keep at it! The passion is what helps keep you moving towards your goals!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-01-19, 03:59 PM   #3417
ScandiFlickGd7
Active Participant

Car: 2007 UGM Sti
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ScandiFlickGd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

This car is truly a work of art.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-24-19, 04:59 PM   #3418
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your troubleed run Dan.

Is this a mechanical issue or electronics causing mechanical failure?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement