GD: 2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build
2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: 2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build

Old 07-21-19, 09:34 AM   #1
VR STi
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 06 STi Limited CGM
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

VR STi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build

Hawkeye in Switzerland’s mountains - A Second Beginning

Said goodbye to my previous 2006 STI Limited about 6 years ago and been in an M3 CSL in the UK since then. Pics of the M3 CSL Track Car;

Now that I am spending more time in Switzerland, I bought another STI again to do proper mountain/canyon carving and snow/skiing duties. I still had a LOT of parts that I took off from my previous build so it just made sense to buy the same car again rather than try to sell off all the parts. Plus this gives me the chance to finally complete my full built out STI.

Took me a while to find the right project car, I think there are only about 7 Hawkeye STI’s for sale in all of Switzerland!

Say hello to my new Swiss mountain car/canyon carver...

2006 WRX STi Type G (for Gentleman). Came in Crystal Grey Metallic 48W (S204 colour!)

This is the gentleman spec

Condition: 76,000km, 2 previous owners, had a recent remap with a catback @ 320bhp according to dyno. 1st owner did 50,000km, second owner did the remaining 26,000km. Other mods included Apexi N1 ExV Coilovers, Killer B Motorsport Ultimate Oil Pickup & windage tray, Kevlar reinforced timing belt kit and Denso iridium spark plugs. It was also on some TE37’s which I decided not to keep (have something else in store).

Got a very extensive mod list coming up for the car over the next couple of months!

Will update as I start receiving parts

Powertrain:

Drivetrain:

Suspension:

Brakes:

Wheels:

Exterior:

Interior:

Audio:
Attached Thumbnails
2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build-be558984-8182-400a-b821-099eeacc3f6e-jpg  
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-19, 04:25 PM   #2
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build

So today was time to take all my previous car mods to my friend who happens to be a Subaru only mechanic as well!

Loading up the parts & enjoy the view

What I had with me so far – You can guess some of the parts

Dropped the car off with my mechanic. He has a really nice S204 Replica full JDM swap but LHD. Will share some pics of his car too in the future

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 08-06-19, 01:48 AM   #3
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2006 CGM STI – Gentleman Edition [EUDM] in Switzerland’s mountains – Full Build

Put on the Velocity Carbon Trunk, Fully Shaved (still needs fiddling to fit perfectly – and a paint match)
Also put on the Visual Autowerks Rear Window vents in black as they just arrived.

04/05 STi Taillights w/ WRC Taillight mod
MadDad Whisper 3" Single Tip Catback
MadDad Metal V2 Catted Downpipe
Perrin 15mm Exhaust Hangers Red
Cusco Front Power Brace
Ferrodo DS2500 Pads FR & RR
PIAA Super Sporza Wiper blades

Fitted the Bride seats from my previous STI. These are Bride Stradia II Japan Edition with JPM Coachworks red stitching and carbon backs.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-19, 04:01 PM   #4
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Went for a little ride along with my mechanic’s s204 replica & his friend widebody blobeye.

S204 close up
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 08-10-19, 05:08 AM   #5
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Lots of parts arrived!!!

Wheels arrived from Japan! Prodrive GC-010E 18x8.5 +35mm. These came pre-mounted with AD08’s in 225/45/18. Gonna run them until they are done.

Had to fit these with a spacer as they don’t clear brembos. It’s crazy that they would clear a 6 pot setup but not brembos… so fat those stock brembos.

Can just about see the cusco power brace, Relocated the front plate to the side with some 3M tape. Gonna have to shave the bumper clean one day.

Changed the rear licence plate to a more square version along with Carbign Craft CF plate frame

Installed a Prova Alcantara wheel (night and day difference in driving this car now) & cobb shift knob along with Bride seat protectors.

Have a lot more interior parts coming! I hope you like carbon fiber haha
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-19, 09:19 AM   #6
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

That's a sweet ride. Welcome back (i have only posted once in the last 2 years and just checked back in) I figured GD section was pretty much dead. Greetings from a fellow European.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 08-15-19 at 09:22 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-19, 07:08 AM   #7
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian-X- View Post
That's a sweet ride. Welcome back (i have only posted once in the last 2 years and just checked back in) I figured GD section was pretty much dead. Greetings from a fellow European.
Thanks! Seriously what happened to the forums since I left? Seems like it's dead around here. Especially IWSTI. Where is everyone sharing info nowadays?

Are you doing any trackdays in Europe? Was thinking about Nurburgring private trackday on the 26th.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-19, 08:09 AM   #8
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR STi View Post
Thanks! Seriously what happened to the forums since I left? Seems like it's dead around here. Especially IWSTI. Where is everyone sharing info nowadays?

Are you doing any trackdays in Europe? Was thinking about Nurburgring private trackday on the 26th.
My guess is social media (FB,Twitter) and the fact that pretty much everyone has gotten rid of their GD chassis impreza as it's starting to age. Last time i really checked the forum in 2017 even the GR chassis topics where getting low on activity (let alone the GD or older)

I'm not on social media so can't tell if it's better to hang out there.

Unfortunately my 06 STi is sitting in a shed without an engine for the last 3 years. I lack the funds for a rebuild and chances are i'm going to have to let go of it soon. It was actually nostalgia that brought me back here. It's got 72k km on it and it's in mint condition so even without the engine it should net me €10k+

The seats in your car man those are really nice. Very jealous of them. Must be nice to have a load of parts waiting to get on the car. I'm curious as to what is in all those boxes Those CF a,b,c pillar covers look awesome. Are you going to make the sliders for the seatbelt black also? I'd imagine they would stand out quite a bit on those cf pillar covers.

Keep us updated if you go to the ring ! also your friends S204 replica looks really nice.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 08-16-19 at 08:19 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-19, 03:20 AM   #9
VR STi
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian-X- View Post
My guess is social media (FB,Twitter) and the fact that pretty much everyone has gotten rid of their GD chassis impreza as it's starting to age. Last time i really checked the forum in 2017 even the GR chassis topics where getting low on activity (let alone the GD or older)

I'm not on social media so can't tell if it's better to hang out there.

Unfortunately my 06 STi is sitting in a shed without an engine for the last 3 years. I lack the funds for a rebuild and chances are i'm going to have to let go of it soon. It was actually nostalgia that brought me back here. It's got 72k km on it and it's in mint condition so even without the engine it should net me €10k+

The seats in your car man those are really nice. Very jealous of them. Must be nice to have a load of parts waiting to get on the car. I'm curious as to what is in all those boxes Those CF a,b,c pillar covers look awesome. Are you going to make the sliders for the seatbelt black also? I'd imagine they would stand out quite a bit on those cf pillar covers.

Keep us updated if you go to the ring ! also your friends S204 replica looks really nice.
Here in Switzerland the GD chassis is still really popular. I bought a GD again because it's the one I like the look of the most, I'm not a big fan of the newer impreza's. I'm not planning to sell this car anyways, it will be my daily driver, trackcar and ski car for the snow season. Fits the role of all 3 quite well!

Shame that your car has been sitting for the last 3 years, especially after all the time you spent modding it. What are you driving nowadays?

Yes there are a LOT of parts waiting to come on. That picture doesn't even show 25% of it

I will be making the sliders black, seat belt holders black, alcantara headliner, and every interior component that is grey will become black. Interior will be a big focus of my build because it's the part I like the least about these old subarus. I'll be changing it a lot.

Stay tuned!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-19, 10:37 AM   #10
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR STi View Post
Here in Switzerland the GD chassis is still really popular. I bought a GD again because it's the one I like the look of the most, I'm not a big fan of the newer impreza's. I'm not planning to sell this car anyways, it will be my daily driver, trackcar and ski car for the snow season. Fits the role of all 3 quite well!

Shame that your car has been sitting for the last 3 years, especially after all the time you spent modding it. What are you driving nowadays?

Yes there are a LOT of parts waiting to come on. That picture doesn't even show 25% of it

I will be making the sliders black, seat belt holders black, alcantara headliner, and every interior component that is grey will become black. Interior will be a big focus of my build because it's the part I like the least about these old subarus. I'll be changing it a lot.

Stay tuned!

I'm driving an Opel Astra H (3door) with a whopping 116hp... Well it beats being on a bicycle. It's a shame indeed but yeah life got in the way and shit just all went south. Drove it for 7-8 years as DD so i should be glad the fun lasted that long i guess.

Sounds like your build will be awesome. Looking forward to new updates.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement