GD: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time
Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time

Old 08-13-16, 10:08 PM   #11
Krang
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 07 STi / EFR 6758
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Krang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sti Swapped 2.5i in Paradise // SM Class Build EFR 6758

First race of the season for me tomorrow, car is loaded up and I should get some decent footage.

I'm slightly bothered at the wheels I'm having to run, they are Evo 8 stock wheels. While they fit, this was all so last minute that I haven't had the chance to pick up some hub-centric spacers yet for them and for this race only I will be attempting with just the conical nuts holding them on. It's all sort of a moot point since its predicted to rain tomorrow in which case I will just run my junky Federal 595's and drift all day.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-16, 10:25 PM   #12
brapp
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enoughbrapp will become famous soon enough

Got a chance to run my first rain AutoX this season... insanely fun. I actually was holding one of the top spots until it dried up.

Have fun out there!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-16, 02:50 PM   #13
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

As to be expected after a 2.5 year hiatus, I did terribly! That said, I haven't had that much fun in a long time, and it was good to see familiar faces.

Still being on the Feal revalved struts is killing me on R-comps. The tires won't break free and it results in insane body roll. Hopefully before the next race on 8-28 I can do my suspension work and have the coils on, that should really help the times.

I'm also still getting used to the one way front diff, and when it kicks in. I could feel it catching really well though, and I can only imagine how the car will react once I get a proper rear diff also.

Some footage below for entertainment purposes, there were two slaloms which I tried to backside the cones as well as I could, I had it a few times but that needs some work. Also, I think slowing down more in the tight 180 degree turns at the start of the course would have helped.

Youtube is kicking my ass, I can't get it to embed right now but I will try again later.

https://youtu.be/vb6xZhrLZQA

Last edited by Krang; 08-15-16 at 03:10 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-16, 03:22 PM   #14
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

8-15-16
So I need to get rolling on the AWIC and get things wrapped up so I can get the car registered. I can't pass a safety inspection with the front mount so this is a priority at the moment.

Took a few minutes to try and layout the reservoir, and pump in my trunk. I knew I wanted to mount both the res and the pump on a platform so I could easily take them out if I needed to, also to isolate vibration and noise as much as possible.

This was my first shot, on the drivers side of the trunk.

Looking at it in there though gave me an idea. They looked like they both might fit well in the spare tire well, and that would serve double duty by lowering my CG. Gave that a shot.

Perfect! Even has space for my battery. Best part of all this is that the reservoir is the same height as the floor now, so I can cut out a hole in my spare tire cover and it will rest perfectly on the top of the reservoir. Nice clean install. I can even use the spare tire hold-down as my main fastening point for easy removal.

Fitted some cardboard to the area and laid everything out where I wanted, next step will be take the template and components over to my fabricator and see what we can accomplish. I think it should all be fairly straight forward. I'm hoping that I can also fit my circuit breaker for the battery and some other wiring neatly in this area so simplify install.

Last edited by Krang; 08-19-16 at 10:05 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-16, 06:25 PM   #15
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Redid the template so everything was clear and dropped it off at my fabricator, hopefully in a few days I have something usable and can begin installing. In the meantime I will start putting together wiring for everything, and possibly mock up the heat exchanger and AWIC, although it would be much easier to do those two things once I have the FMIC out of the car completely.

Time will tell.

Update on things to do:

AWIC
- Fit Front Bumper Beam + Foam
- Confirm Fitment for Heat Exchanger
- Fit Heat Exchanger
- Fit AWIC
- Run water lines
- Wire up pump
- Confirm no leaks
Suspension
- Coilovers
- Lat Links
- Trailing Arms
- Diff Bushings
- Outrigger Bushings
- Subframe Lockdown
- Transmission carrier bushings
- Trailing link knuckle bushings
- Front control arms with bushings pre-installed
Drivetrain
- CF Driveshaft Install
- Change oil / Blackstone
Brakes
- Goodridge Lines
- Bleed

Last edited by Krang; 08-15-16 at 07:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-16, 07:24 PM   #16
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

That's the .64 hot side? It seems to spool closer to my .85 hot side on my 6758.

It's nice looking build! Did you have to grind the rear pads to clear the rotor hats?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-16, 08:24 PM   #17
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Honestly it's possible that it isn't a .64 hotside, from what I've seen they look exactly the same. The few telltale items that I don't see are similar is that I have an exhaust temp bung directly before the intake. Have you found any imprints on the casting? Mine really doesn't have anything other than Borgwarner on the hotside. I will look closer when I take the turbo out and wrap my piping.

I did have to grind the pads down, really easy to do, but the clearances are very tight even after grinding.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-16, 07:17 AM   #18
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Size is an indication. The .85 looks a good bit bigger. I might have found some part numbers, but at the time, I was one of the first to purchase the .85 hotside and couldn't match it to anything.

Do you have a picture of your turbo?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-16, 12:10 PM   #19
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah I do have some pics, would be nice to get some info on it for sure!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-16, 12:21 PM   #20
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

During my research I came across this thread that has an entire turbo with the .64 for sale, the flanges, and that egt sensor area all look the same to me which is why I was sold on it.

I only purchased the turbine, and then purchased a supercore separately from BW.

Borg Warner 6758 EFR Vband - No Longer Available
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement