GD: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time - Page 10 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time
Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - FTD Time

Old 07-25-17, 10:46 AM   #91
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - Off-Season Maint and Suspension upg

What other light weight stuff do you have? I didn't see a list of mods anywhere. I need those control arms!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-17, 11:13 AM   #92
Krang
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 07 STi / EFR 6758
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Krang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willub View Post
What other light weight stuff do you have? I didn't see a list of mods anywhere. I need those control arms!
For lightweight stuff, really not a whole lot.

- front stock seats -> Sparco EvoII
- rear seats / seat belts removed
- all suspension arms / components replaced with adjustable versions / solid mounts ( doubt this saves much weight )
- coilovers ( saves a bit of weight )
- spare tire removed

That's it really. So I'm stoked about the weight I'm at. This is with a full tank of gas, and a full AWIC system ( pump, res, heat exchanger, intercooler, lines + water probably equal at least 100lbs back into the car, in comparison a FMIC would be about half that. ) I'm still slowly taking things out, and will re-weigh soon.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-26-17, 10:47 PM   #93
05 STI-STU
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 05 STI
Fav Mod: Tires/Seat time
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

05 STI-STU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sti Swapped 2.5i // SM Class Build EFR 6758 - Off-Season Maint and Suspension upg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
For lightweight stuff, really not a whole lot.

- front stock seats -> Sparco EvoII
- rear seats / seat belts removed
- all suspension arms / components replaced with adjustable versions / solid mounts ( doubt this saves much weight )
- coilovers ( saves a bit of weight )
- spare tire removed

That's it really. So I'm stoked about the weight I'm at. This is with a full tank of gas, and a full AWIC system ( pump, res, heat exchanger, intercooler, lines + water probably equal at least 100lbs back into the car, in comparison a FMIC would be about half that. ) I'm still slowly taking things out, and will re-weigh soon.
If the intercooler sprayer and tank was installed with the swap, you could remove those. side mirrors, the spare jack. Im not sure of the rules but changing to a single wiper blade and/or removing the washer fluid tank. possibilities. See you at race #1 this weekend man!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-17, 02:18 AM   #94
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Don't have an IC sprayer, I'm going to re purpose something for the windshield washer tank and reduce its capacity + relocate.. I do use it occasionally. Same with mirrors, the car is street legal and needs to stay that way lol.

Jacks been gone.... forever.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-29-17, 04:01 AM   #95
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

Battery, CF driveshaft, steering wheel/airbags, radio/speakers. Is your 2.5i hood steel?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-30-17, 07:05 PM   #96
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Battery is done, CF driveshaft is done, steering wheel is done/airbag drivers side.

Still have airbag / steel plate in glovebox on passengers side, and radio/speakers.

Hood is aluminum, aye
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-31-17, 12:30 AM   #97
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So first race of the season today, and I was plagued with some challenges.

I lowered the car a bit, which of course created some clearance problems. I addressed everything in the front, but couldn't simulate race conditions with the rear... which led to challenge #2...

Massive oversteer. I thought it was the combination of the control arms finally correcting bump steer and roll center, but it turned out it was my rear wheels contacting every time I loaded them effectively braking my outside rear wheel whenever I tried to turn. I attempted to combat this by disconnecting the rear sway, which did help a little, but not enough. Compounding this problem, my rear tires are completely shot from the last event. It was on a terrible surface, and just destroyed my fronts ( which I flipped, and put on the rear in an effort to save some $$), needless to say it was an interesting day.

A 5mm spacer and some "clearancing" with a BFH will do the trick for the rubbing. Stoked to get back out there at the next race on the 13th, should have all of this ready to go by then.

THAT SAID! The car absolutely tracks on rails now, if I had the tires in order and wasn't rubbing as severely I think some serious times would have been put down. Overall, very happy with the feel of the car, just need to get the rear end settled.

Last edited by Krang; 07-31-17 at 01:25 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-11-17, 11:22 PM   #98
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Runs at our last event, the 33.057 run was good enough for FTD, and 1st in SM. Missed PAX by a bit and came in 2nd. Stoked to have the opportunity to race with this great group of people in SCCA Hawaii!

https://www.youtube.com/v/https://youtu.be/3cmZqWKM5zs

Looking fairly flat, the car felt great this day:

My inner tires are not doing much in this picture:

Last edited by Krang; 09-11-17 at 11:47 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-11-17, 11:31 PM   #99
Krang

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

On Sep 3rd I was able to co-organize a cruise/social rally through my role as a RallyX Chief, (Through SCCA Hawaii RallyX) and fundraiser for Make-A-Wish Hawaii. A long-time friend and IClub organizer passed away a few years ago, and this is one of the ways we honor his memory, as he used to organize these cruises himself.

We raised about $1800 for Make-A-Wish Hawaii that day, and were able to raffle off a bunch of cool stuff from multiple sponsors through SCCA AutoX, RallyX, and Subaru Ambassadors. Great day to get out and cruise with some friends. Not to mention, I got to drive the yellow RallyX car, so I was nice and comfy.

Tent and setup for sign-in and raffle:

A few other SCCA Ohana(family) came out for the Social Rally:

Everyone parked at the Kahuku Shrimp Trucks, one of our two stops:

En-route to Matsumoto's Shave Ice in Haleiwa, our last stop and location of the final raffle:

Last edited by Krang; 09-11-17 at 11:38 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement