GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808 - Page 82 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

Old 04-21-19, 04:29 AM   #811
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

As I said before.
Perfect install. Clean and precise and almost OEM looking.

And yes atleast 2 years old.

Can't wait to see you out again on new TMIC and the vents.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-19, 06:01 AM   #812
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: $20. mudflaps from auto zone
My Subaru Parts for sale

Neanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really nice

hey Ben, i gotta lotta reading to do. l

stupid bruce tricks:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-03-19, 07:49 AM   #813
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura aboutBaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura aboutBaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura about

Nice work Ben. Something I'm too scared to do myself. I can live through you though The only surgery I have the guts to do is cutting the rear bumper when my diffuser shows up.

Also, nice Oregon plate. You can run plates from other countries in Germany on a street car?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-19, 01:14 PM   #814
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Nice work Ben. Something I'm too scared to do myself. I can live through you though The only surgery I have the guts to do is cutting the rear bumper when my diffuser shows up.

Also, nice Oregon plate. You can run plates from other countries in Germany on a street car?
Hey Gavin,
being scared gives you the kind of alertness you need to not screw up
I just slapped the Oregon Plate on for Pictures. Not allowed to run it on public roads.

Picked up a neat part today which is so JDM yo
Buddy from Switzerland sold it so we took a quick trip across the border and met with him.
Just a 40 Minute drive, that's how close we live to the Swiss border

The hatch itself needs a good polish and will be wrapped in some vinyl. I'm not going to pay the money to have it painted.
Looking forward to installing it

Spent yesterday after work in my Brothers Garage fixing my damn wobbly shifter.
Turns out, it's not the Bushings from the Shifter Linkage itself which are worn out, they actually were fine. But the whole shifter linkage connected to the Input Shaft from the Gearbox wasn't tight. The outer and inner pin were there, the holes on the Linkage Part were a little bit wider than what you want for it to be a tight connection.
I put an M8 bolt through both holes and countered it with a self locking nut tightening it down until there was no movement between the two parts anymore.

Then I found out the Shifter itself where the Shift Fork connects to it has some slack in it. So we drilled a hole into it, tapped a thread in it, put a screw in and a nut over it making it a rock solid connection.

That's the only picture I took sadly.

All in all the Shifter feels so much better and the slack has almost completely been eliminated. No need to spend 1000€s on a CAE Shifter haha
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-11-19, 06:47 PM   #815
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

I would say every STI needs this mod. Regardless of how many bushings you upgrade, there remain a wobbliness.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-19, 02:46 PM   #816
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura aboutBaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura aboutBaronOBeefdip has a spectacular aura about

Haha, I can see that.

Nice find! Another part I've wanted to get, but can't bring myself to do.

Cool fix, the slop on these even with bushings is, uh.... not great. Bet it feels nice now though. Awesome that you have access to machinery through your brother!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-19, 02:56 PM   #817
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

Ill need to look at mine, its really sloppy. Ive had new bushing for over a year.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement