GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808 - Page 81 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

Old 02-16-19, 06:10 AM   #801
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Rallye Fun Day Teaser Video

Removed the Aim MXL, it's sold to a buddy of mine.

Gonna place the Order on an AIM MXP soon
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-19, 01:02 PM   #802
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - AIM MXP Strada is here

So yesterday a certain Package from Alex showed up.

It's the AIM MXP Strada!

Comparison to the MXL Strada shows it's pretty similar in size with a bigger display surface.

Positioning it in the Cockpit, it'll be in the same location as the old one pretty much.
I will probably relocate the Parking Light Switch:

The MXP comes with a proper USB slot to plug your Laptop in. It found it's place in the Center console:

And here is the template for the bracket which will keep the MXP safe and sound.
At least until the visit at iWire in September...

In other News,
work keeps me busy but it's so much better at the new company than were I was before! I couldn't say this for a long time but my current job is really satisfying and the work is fun!
Coworkers are really great bunch of people and we share good laughs every now and then in the Office.

Working with Customers is what I need to get used to, but I was able to sell a couple of Hardware pieces for a couple thousand of euros already even to a customer who isn't really easy to handle so I guess I'm not doing too bad

With the daylight coming back in the evenings I feel like my motivation working on the car comes back more and more. I hope to figure out the car situation soon so the Subaru does not need to be a daily anymore. There are a couple of parts waiting to be put in...

We'll be flying to Oregon in September to attent another wedding of another friend of mine.
We also plan to trip down to LA / San Diego for a few days. Steffie wants to go to Disney Land and I want to stop by at iWire. Brian told me they can do Plug In Harnesses so I'll be able to replace my factory instrument cluster with the Aim MXP

That's it for now! Will post picture of the MXP Installation once the Carbon Sheet is here.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-28-19, 04:00 AM   #803
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really nice
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - AIM MXP Strada #802

Looking good! Glad to hear you're enjoying your job!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what are the benefits of the MXP over the MXL?

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-19, 09:42 AM   #804
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hey Aaron,

to answer your question:
It uses a newer Version of their Aim Software to configure the Dash. It's much more capabable in setting up Alarms and everything. You can have up to 8 Pages you can configure to your liking, you even can inject self made symbols which you can connect to a warning message for example. It also now features a direct input for a rear view camera which I will probably use too.

And it's a colored display
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-01-19, 12:31 PM   #805
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really niceBlueScooby is just really nice

Verynice! Sounds like an impressive bit of kit

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-01-19, 04:12 PM   #806
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Good development. Aim and Motec are two of the best products in this department.

Electric bike as a eork related purchase=new daily driver. But you will have the rain issue I guess.

Good yo hear improvements in work situation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-18-19, 08:41 AM   #807
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

here it is!
Although I'm not 100% happy as AIM STILL did not bring the SSM Protocol over to the 1.2 Hardware.
So right now I can not pull any data via OBD.
Which is really annoying

I will go and hardwire in the RPM Signal, add Coolant Temp, Boost Pressure and IAT Sensors.
And then buy two Analog Channel Extensions to wire in Handbrake light, Turn Signals, Hazards, CEL, and whatnot. So the TÜV will be happy.

Last edited by ben_der; 03-18-19 at 01:24 PM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 02:26 AM   #808
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents installed #808

Well, it was about damn time, was it two years ago when I got the Intercooler and Vents from Idin? I can't even remember

Anyway, easiest install by a long time.
Went flawlessly, no miss-cuts, no fitment issues nothing. Just man up and take the dremel to the hood and go

I'm also running the Beta Driver from AIM for the SSM Protocol, they still have work to do as the RPM isn't read correctly from the ECU. I'm trying to figure out how to hard wire it in but having the ability to read ECU Data again saves some money for additional sensors and analog expansions
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 03:57 AM   #809
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

Very clean install, well done!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 08:32 AM   #810
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

Gonna wait til a Blobeye vented hood hits the FS threads, just cannot cut mine. LoL

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement