GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 83 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 06-03-19, 09:33 AM   #821
BlueScooby
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Roof Vent, Quick Latch and Exhaust #818

Looking good! Love the new muffler Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

The roof vent is fantastic as well! Once you start cutting stuff up, its hard to stop Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-19, 02:11 AM   #822
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
not a fan of angled melon shooters for exhausts

Post of the year?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-13-19, 03:37 PM   #823
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Little update on here.
Hope y'all are doing fine!

I was going to replace the front right wheel bearing and ended up replacing both front wheel bearings + bushings...because why not while at it anyway, right?

Next on the list is replacing the rear bushings.

Also Sam & Holly visit every now and then when I'm sitting in the driveway programming the AIM Display. Gotta say, some things on AIM Dashes aren't really thought through.
For example, using a math channel to get my cars milage onto the Dash doesn't work because the function used only allows for an offset of 37....

Anyway I ordered a new map sensor and another IAT sensor to get the Data directly into the AIM Dash. I target to get rid of the OBD Plug so when pulling logs with Romraider you still have all the values on the Dash and not miss out on the ones pulled via ECU.

Also thinking about adding Steering Angle Sensor...those string potentiometers are expensive

I'll also get an Izze Racing IMU to measure all the Gforces

Next up is ordering proper hoses for the Radium Catch cans.

Ben over & out
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-19, 04:33 PM   #824
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

The new bearing and re bush will make the front feel like a new car.

Are you dailying this car?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-14-19, 09:16 AM   #825
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
The new bearing and re bush will make the front feel like a new car.

Are you dailying this car?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Drove the car for 100miles / 160km today. I can't say I really feel a difference. Noise is the same, it just feels great to drive. Precise as always besides still running winter tires

I use it to get to the office on thursdays and fridays. Still waiting on the company car which should arrive in September.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-23-19, 10:59 AM   #826
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an offer I couldn't refuse #826

Last week I was browsing the Subaru Impreza GT Club Forums I'm a member of and notice a sales add from a great member of said Club. I know Uwe for a while now from monthly Club Meet Ups that used to happen more regularly in the past.
He found a brand new STI Gearbox sitting somewhere in northern Germany and had it in store for a while now. To complement his 6 Speed Swap in his WRX, he also got a R180 Diff, the last new one from Subaru in the whole of Europe and with those parts he's on the path to refurbishing his WRX to better than new conditions.
He also bought a PST Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft two years ago and had it in storage ever since. Now this year he started putting things together and his Shop doing the work for him found out the PST Drive Shaft doesn't fit properly.

So I saw the sales ad last week and immediately messaged him since it's a 2004-2007 STI Drive Shaft and I have an 05 STI...

Luckily he just lives about an hour away so I went to his place and picked the Drive Shaft up this past sunday, put the car on the lift on monday night and installed it.

It's basically brand new, has zero miles on it and the price was unbeatable so I HAD to get it

Driving home the 2 miles I instantly felt a smoother ride and clutch engaging while the car also accelerates way effortlessly now...at least thats the first impression and I'm due for a proper shake down

I also did the rear suspension with PU bushings.

Not 100% happy with the PU bushings as the metal "spacers" you press into both bushing halves seem a tad to short. When tightening screws it takes way too long to get them to torque spec and you squeeze the pu bushings quite a bit.
Also the Spacer/insert which goes over the excenter screw to adjust toe in/out on the rear has too much clearance to properly hug the excenter screw snug for a very precise adjustment...if you catch my drift.

Now I asked my brother if he can mill me some proper fittings / spacers to get everything right. I'll show you once the parts are made
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-23-19, 06:32 PM   #827
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

^ Told you!

Also, looks like you need suspension arms with proper bearings vs bushings. ;-)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-24-19, 11:21 AM   #828
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

White line , Activate more Rust !
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-24-19, 01:23 PM   #829
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
White line , Activate more Rust !
There is no, and there will never be any whiteline stuff on the car.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-24-19, 01:45 PM   #830
got2boostit2
Administrator
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

got2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to all

Ben, be sure to inspect the driveshaft after putting some kilometers on the setup. You may find contact to the driveshaft. I'll find the picture later from my journal. Might require you to clearance the driveshaft tunnel and leading edge of the crossmember IIRC. So many years ago for my install.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement