GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 54 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 12-12-16, 11:58 PM   #531
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Last 2016 HHR Event is in the books - Videos! #529

Hehe thanks Gigs
Might check out the video of the whole Turn I attached to the previous post, there's some more sliding around in there

I know the whole turns can be boring to watch, I thought about putting together just all the sideways scenes and so on

Last edited by ben_der; 12-13-16 at 12:03 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-16, 02:52 AM   #532
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Last 2016 HHR Event is in the books - Videos! #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_der View Post
Hehe thanks Gigs
Might check out the video of the whole Turn I attached to the previous post, there's some more sliding around in there

I know the whole turns can be boring to watch, I thought about putting together just all the sideways scenes and so on
I watched them all haha

It makes me miss the track even more
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-14-16, 12:39 AM   #533
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
I watched them all haha

It makes me miss the track even more
Added Turn 2 and 3.
You might find some more sideways in there
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-16, 04:46 AM   #534
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

Am I watching a track day or Formula Drift? :P
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-16, 11:36 AM   #535
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

There was no way getting the tires up to temp during the morning.
But that changed in the Afternoon with a dry track

Fred in his Silver Coupe had a moment braking hard into the left hander infront of the Mercedes Grandstands. He's fighting ABS Issues for quite some time now. We suspected the Porsche Front Calipers not working properly with the ABS but it might just be a malfunctioning ABS Unit.

Less drift, more speed!
Added the complete Turn 4 Video to Post #529
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-16, 11:45 AM   #536
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Added Turn 5. Wonder what you guys say about the behaviour of that BMW Driver...
I did hesistate to overtake at first because it actually was the lap behind the safety car and from the drivers Briefing we had the Info not to overtake.
Haven't had time to inspect the car for underbody damage.

Anyway the good news is:
We, at the School of Racing, were able to raise over 16000 with that event for charity!
The money will be donated to a School for handicaped Kids and to a Project which helps Teenagers who live on the streets and don't have a home!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-16, 01:08 PM   #537
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Fun at the track and money for a charity? Job well done

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-16, 03:30 PM   #538
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

How much damage to the car, that seemed like a really good hit.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-16, 05:03 PM   #539
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
How much damage to the car, that seemed like a really good hit.

Dang i hadn't even seen that yet! Was it just the curbing that you hit/drive over? That BWM just about pushed you off track...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-19-16, 12:14 AM   #540
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I did not hit him luckily, was able to barely avoid contact. The curbing there has a higher inner curb so F1 / DTM cars can't cut corners. That's where the car bottomed out on.

I wasn't able to put the car on jackstands and inspect since I've been sick for the past 5 days.

I suspect it's some plastic that needs to be replaced and at least one brake cooling hose.

Towards the end of the video, the M3 also turned into the R32 Golf with no contact luckily.
After I got out of the car I told race control and that this guy is absolutly wrong in the Race Group.

The line he took after the Hairpin and his slow driving told me he's okay with being overtaken. And since Fred passed him before me I at least was certain he know checks his mirrors.
Then again he didn't indicate so I was unsure whats up with that guy and should just have waited.

Well lesson learned.

Last edited by ben_der; 12-19-16 at 12:19 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement