GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 05-18-15, 08:51 AM   #21
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Nürburgring Pictures Post #15

Beautiful shots, beautiful car, great work. I'm very glad to see you're taking advantage of the nice tracks you have nearby. I'll check in on this thread often, keep up the great work!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-15, 03:36 PM   #22
1SaltyPrezal
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 18 cwp sti sporttech
Fav Mod: Hmmmm....
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

1SaltyPrezal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Nürburgring Pictures Post #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_der View Post
Wondering how that is in the USA/Canada?
Meh All non-turbo cars are usually picked even an xv hybrid which is a pointless hunk of garbage...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-23-15, 04:52 AM   #23
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Nürburgring Pictures Post #15

Excellent journal Ben and a super clean car.

Also nice pics and videos.

Love it!

Need to read in detail- reading material for tomorrow.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-15, 09:30 AM   #24
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Hockenheimring Pictures Post #24

Thank you Idin!

Here are a couple of pictures at the Afterwork Trackday Hockenheimring from the 24th of April:

That Porsche 996 GT3 was the perfect example for having too much money & not enough skill. In the last turn he hit the wall quite bad after he tried to drift every corner. You see it in one of the Videos if you watch closely.
I was around 4-5 seconds faster per lap after I'd passed him in that turn on the picture. Super weird driving style. There's a difference between driving slow and learning and driving slow because you're always over your limit.

Hope you enjoy! Shout out to my buddy who took the pictures
(He is a pro photographer & the offical School of Racing photographer too.)

So, currently there aren't any real updates on the car.
I'm kind of stuck, money wise & "wrenching" wise. Still haven't had a chance to swap the steering rack. And as I'm super short on the €uros these days I try to get a proper car jack, which aren't exactly cheap but at least those investments last longer than the car itself...usually
Will also start on the improved brake vents soon & trying to figure out a proper oil cooler setup. Most likely will go with Setrab and that one Sandwich plate with thermostat which a German shop offers.

I also have a Baffle Plate and a 3" silicon inlet pipe laying around which wait to be installed.
But then again I don't have a garage on my own (it's shared with the other people from the house (12 families). So I don't want to take the car apart & have shit laying around overnight.
And since I lack of friends with mad wrenching skills living close by, it's always kind of a pain to tackle the bigger things.
I also want to get the gearbox out to fix my GOD DAMN SHIFTER WOOBLE.

Life is tough

Last edited by ben_der; 05-26-15 at 01:19 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-27-15, 01:22 AM   #25
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Your friend's photography skill-level is 100!

Haha
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-27-15, 01:30 AM   #26
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

I'll let him know
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-16-15, 11:20 PM   #27
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hmm, I ordered 7 Liters of Motul 300v Competition Oil yesterday as well as two HKS Oil Filters.
Got the Oil Cooler Kit at home and parts for the brake venting laying in the car for 3 weeks now.

I'm lacking motivation to do anything after work

Buddy who has a lift offered me his space to wrench on the car. It's ~30miles away from my place, but that's better than nothing. He'll be on vacation until the 12th of July. So I'll wait until then and hope my other buddy get's the UEL Header done so I can swap out everything I wanted at once (Oil Baffle, Header, Oil Cooler Kit install, Steering Rack, Shifter Bushings and wobble fix, 3" Inlet Pipe...)
I think I'll also drop the Gearbox in the process to fix the shifter and see how the clutch is.
Alex is running a Exedy Stage 1 HD Clutch if I remember correctly and that thing bites really well. Mine on the other hand feels kinda mushy. It still bites but it doesn't bite racecar-ish.

There'll be a Subaru only Trackday in October at Anneau du Rhin organized by the Subaru Impreza GT Club (Germany, Austria & Switzerland). As of right now there should be around ~60-70 Turbo Subarus & BRZs participating. Really looking forward to that!

Also, when I was taking pictures at the last trackday, I met a guy who has a small buisness selling brakepads and stuff. He's got a really good price on the Endless MX72/MXRS Pads and we had a chat about things & stuff. Offered him to take some product shots in our studio for his website and in return I'll get a set of Endless MX72/RS Pads for my car. Can't wait for that!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-28-15, 11:07 AM   #28
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Oilcooler installed!

Brother and I installed the Oilcooler yesterday.

Photostory:

The basic idea already cut out:

Brother: "One nut per side should be alright!"
Me: "We don't take shortcuts, make it two per side!"

After some major cutting, grinding and welding:

The inside, plenty of room for activities...or oil lines!

Put some paint on the welds & cuts so it's protected & mounted on the car:

All done & dirty after 100 miles of spirited driving today:

Oilcooler

Will install the sandwichplate with a 90°C Thermostat & connected the oil lines in ~ 2 weeks when I do the oil change.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-28-15, 02:11 PM   #29
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Oil cooler mounted #28

Looking good.

You need a lightweight Oswald Performance bumper beam. ;-)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-28-15, 11:44 PM   #30
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Oil cooler mounted #28

We most likely will build our own
Will be more fun and we can also integrate the oilcooler in the front beam right away.

My Brother will get a lathe from his coworker. First thing we'll build on that thing will be a shift knob extension

Last edited by ben_der; 06-29-15 at 12:06 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement