GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 12-02-15, 07:59 AM   #181
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI - ADR 2 Multi GoPro Videos #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_der View Post
Thanks, man, appreciate it!
The only two things I might want to change if the Engine ever fails on me are:
1. Stroke it
2. JDM/Spec C Valvetrain for those extra few RPMs (that'd prevent me from hitting the limiter on one spot at the Hockenheimring )

@Baron
No worries, I was referring to the other forums. Nobody at the German Subaru Club Forum for example responded.
Thanks, it's good to have a legal opportunity to earn extra money with a thing I enjoy doing.
I have to replace the middle resonator as I grinded that thing too much going over curbs when the car was lower. I need to go to the inspection (the infamous TÜV) in January/February and the car wouldn't pass with a leaking resonator. But that's an easy fix by just replacing the whole thing.
The Header is awesome! The powerband seems really smooth and is very driveable and predictable on track (It's ok for driving on the road too). I can't wait to put the 3 Port Solenoid in and get the car on the carberry rom. That should increase spool up, add a bit more power and the driveability should be even better! That's the plan for the winter really.
What is your redline currently set at 7500 ?

I have hit the limiter at 8200 when I lost focus once in 4th.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-15, 10:02 AM   #182
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's 7600 or 7800. Not sure.
There's a spot at the Hockenheimring where I hit the Revlimiter and am just lacking those few more hundred revs the JDMs have.
Since mine doesn't have a short 5th and 6th Gear, shifting in 5th early doesn't really make sense.
Anyway, that's just that one spot I wish I had more revs, who knows where else they'd come in handy

Here to be exactly:
https://goo.gl/maps/4mpch9AHdbv

Coming out of the Mercedes Turn in 3rd you shift in 4th pretty early on that short straight before entering the Motodrome and run out of Revs around 100-200 Meters before the braking point.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-02-15, 10:44 AM   #183
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_der View Post
I think it's 7600 or 7800. Not sure.
There's a spot at the Hockenheimring where I hit the Revlimiter and am just lacking those few more hundred revs the JDMs have.
Since mine doesn't have a short 5th and 6th Gear, shifting in 5th early doesn't really make sense.
Anyway, that's just that one spot I wish I had more revs, who knows where else they'd come in handy

Here to be exactly:
https://goo.gl/maps/4mpch9AHdbv

Coming out of the Mercedes Turn in 3rd you shift in 4th pretty early on that short straight before entering the Motodrome and run out of Revs around 100-200 Meters before the braking point.
I am jealous that you have such a world class facility so close to you , I wish I lived within an hour or two of tracks like that.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-15, 02:28 AM   #184
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

I can tell you, everytime I drive over the bridge towards track entrance I get that historic feeling being aware of all the great races I can think of happened there. It really is a privilege to be able to throw cars around those famous 2.84 miles of tarmac.
I just wish the Nurburgring would be closer...

Anyway, started working on the Brake cooling:

The white pieces will be painted black.

These will just be routed to a cutout in the mudguard to blow air into the wheel well / towards the axle.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 12:51 AM   #185
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI - Brake Cooling #185

Allright, here we go:

So this is what I did yesterday.
I'm aware that it might not be the most efficent way and creating an overpressure in the wheel well might cause a loose of downforce in the front.
Since the car doesn't have any major aero, I think this might not be a big factor for me. The Front Lip probably generates more downforce anyway.
The 100mm Hose blows onto the Prova Style Brake Duct Plate.
The 51mm Hose directly onto the rotor.
I removed the backing plates of the rotors too.

Since Zipties make your car go faster I should now be able to hit 300km/h on the Parabolika

Last edited by ben_der; 12-04-15 at 01:11 AM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 01:42 AM   #186
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Ok that's it.

You and Lars are on my import list now.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 06:10 AM   #187
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

what are your plans for those smaller ducts under the fog lights?

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 07:36 AM   #188
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

What do you mean exactly?
They hold the 51mm hose that goes to the brake. So they are in use already.

Idin,
Good to know
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 07:52 AM   #189
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

In your first pic there is the ducting from the foglight, and a smaller fiberglass (?) duct that is below it. So you have 4 ducts in the bumper and the two large foglight ones are for the brakes. Just wondering about the little ones.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-15, 08:22 AM   #190
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The smaller, grey hoses are connected to those:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement