GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 10-27-15, 07:43 AM   #151
BlueScooby
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB Type UK STI - Anneau du Rhin Monday 10/26/2015 - GT86 Hotlap #150

looks like you had a lot of fun

I'm jealous of all these tracks/track days you're hitting!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-15, 03:18 PM   #152
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ben's MY05 WRB STI - Anneau du Rhin Monday 10/26/2015 - more videos & pics #152

We had tons of fun! It was over way too fast.
I just LOVE "wasting" my money on this, such a reward trashing the car across racetracks

A couple videos:

Teaching my SO how to drive the car during the Ladies Turn:
https://www.youtube.com/v/0UU0V3NlkDU

Myself driving Alex's MY03 JDM STI:
https://www.youtube.com/v/zgooKLcaaxA

Alex driving my car:
https://www.youtube.com/v/x8ziQoxnlcA

I also snapped a couple of pictures. Follow this link to the Flickr Album: click me

It'll take some days to get the multi GoPro Videos together.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-28-15, 05:34 AM   #153
BlueScooby
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI - Anneau du Rhin Monday 10/26/2015 - More videos & pics #152

I hear all that German and all I can think of is

haha, but seriously, nice vids!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-15, 09:20 AM   #154
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI - Anneau du Rhin Monday 10/26/2015 - More videos & pics #152

If I'd know how to add subtitles easily I would have added them. Real pain to do in the GoPro Studio

But glad you like 'em!
Like I said, will take some time to put the multi gopro videos together.
And the bad news I got from Sebastian is that the Driftbox didn't record any data. So aparently no speedometer within the videos

Last edited by ben_der; 10-28-15 at 09:36 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-28-15, 02:52 PM   #155
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Oh man, I always enjoy your updates. Nice tracktime. Looks like a blast. Can't wait to do this myself when the car is done.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-28-15, 03:01 PM   #156
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Nice driving.

You guys are to generous. I don't let any of my friends drive my car :-P
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-29-15, 06:15 AM   #157
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Nice driving.

You guys are to generous. I don't let any of my friends drive my car :-P
Me neither!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-15, 05:34 AM   #158
ben_der

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I only let those drive I know they have track time. So Alex was the first to drive it on track. He really enjoyed it

Anyway, I just figured that the car is sitting in the garage still packed up from when I came back from Anneau du Rhin. Where's my mech crew to take care of it?

Still waiting on the videos from Sebastian. He's pretty busy these days so it might take another couple of days. If he gives the video material to me I can try it my self to put it all together since I have Adobe Premiere which should be capable of doing multi-view gopro action stuff

If the School of Racing is offering the X-Mas Trackday this year again that'll be the last Trackday for the year in December. Haven't heard from Paul though if they offer it this year.

Other than that, I really consider throwing out unneccesarry stuff like rear seats, sound deadening, carpet, and so on. Because less weight equals faster laptimes
Plan for next year is to run Michelin Pilot Sport Cups
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-15, 08:19 AM   #159
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Man if we all just had a racing crew.....a man can dream, eh?

As far as weight-shaving, I think there's a guy here in the GD section who got his STi all the way down to just over 2800lbs. Crazy. I'll find the link to his journal if you want.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-15, 01:41 PM   #160
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Ben's MY05 WRB STI - Anneau du Rhin Monday 10/26/2015 - More videos & pics #152

You can get to 1350 relatively easily. After than it will be painful and expensive.

I am 1355kg with full fluids (full tank) without cage and without driver.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement