GD: ANGKlingons' 04 STi build 'Stella' - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
ANGKlingons' 04 STi build 'Stella'
ANGKlingons' 04 STi build 'Stella'
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: ANGKlingons' 04 STi build 'Stella'

Old 04-30-19, 06:25 AM   #11
ANGKlingon
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2014 FXT & 2004 STi
Fav Mod: Cobb AP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ANGKlingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANGKlingons' 04 STi build 'Stella'

Mofab LLC has had the car now for 5 months and it has been an up hill battle dealing with issues from the previous shop. The GEMS DCCD module actually wasnt in the casing, the Link G4+ ECU had to be shipped to Link twice, once to their America location and it is currently in New Zealand getting looked over, and the DSS axles were not with the car. And before anybody jumps on here saying i should sue the guy, yes, I know i can sue him and would win. But, after hiring an attorney and going through my options, I decided it was best to just drop the issue and move on with life. The guy/shop has no assets to pay back anything and I dont want to constantly fly back/forth to Ohio for court appearances. The ECU hits fuel/boost cut and completely loses power for a second or two once the car reaches operating temperature and RPM is around 3k-4k. With that being said, the car does finally drive, and I have had the pleasure of driving it for 20 minutes during a test drive. The car sounds amazing and the dogbox transmission is a loud obnoxious beast, but I loved it. Once the ECU gets back to Mofab, they will go over the base tune again so I can get some miles on the car, then dive into emissions and final tune.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-19, 06:52 AM   #12
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

That is exactly the reason I do just about everything I can myself. Once I have my shop/garage built with more space, I'll be doing even more of everything myself.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-19, 08:15 AM   #13
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

your car has been down 3 years now?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-19, 01:31 PM   #14
ANGKlingon

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
your car has been down 3 years now?
5.5 years
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-19, 07:52 AM   #15
ANGKlingon

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-19, 07:53 AM   #16
ANGKlingon

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Would like to update all that the car is officially completed!! After getting back the ECU from Link, it took several attempts and switching the fuel to E85 to get it to pass emissions. The big Aeromotive 1000 pump died on me so we swapped in what they had on hand, DW350 in line pump. Had some more ECU issues particularly with fuel mapping of pump 91, repinned the ethanol content sensor and Link pushed us a firmware update. Then my in tank feeder pump died, so we put in the e85 Aeromotive 340. Now, finally ater 6 years, she puts down 697 whp and 630 wtq. I took her home and then got sent out for work. so I dont have car pictures or videos right now. I do have the dyno sheet attached. I was told boost pressure is around 35psi aand that is on e85.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-19, 07:55 AM   #17
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

man that looks great. that graph is good looking,especially at our altitude. Crossing the 300 wtq at 4200 RPMs. Wouldn't be horrible to drive around town
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-19, 09:42 AM   #18
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGKlingon View Post
Would like to update all that the car is officially completed!! After getting back the ECU from Link, it took several attempts and switching the fuel to E85 to get it to pass emissions. The big Aeromotive 1000 pump died on me so we swapped in what they had on hand, DW350 in line pump. Had some more ECU issues particularly with fuel mapping of pump 91, repinned the ethanol content sensor and Link pushed us a firmware update. Then my in tank feeder pump died, so we put in the e85 Aeromotive 340. Now, finally ater 6 years, she puts down 697 whp and 630 wtq. I took her home and then got sent out for work. so I dont have car pictures or videos right now. I do have the dyno sheet attached. I was told boost pressure is around 35psi aand that is on e85.

Those are some serious numbers. Congrats on finishing the car. Can't imagine what a relief it must be after all those years.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement