GD: Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq - Page 81 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq
Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq

Old 12-08-17, 06:54 AM   #801
ShinjiML
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2011 STI DGM
Fav Mod: Spoolinator; Back-up Camera; ShinjiTuned
My Subaru Parts for sale

ShinjiML has a spectacular aura aboutShinjiML has a spectacular aura aboutShinjiML has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq

So, I first worked on the car almost a year ago. The car tuned out very well, made good power, ~330whp/370wtq, very similar to what Prime's dyno put down.

Fuel trims were great and all seemed well, but a few weeks ago, he contacted me saying there was an idle issue. After looking at the logs, it seems the car was having weird rich spots in the fueling that weren't there previously, so I'm currently working on tuning that portion of the fueling. Trims are starting to look better, but I also noticed that the car is starting to have random high feedback knock, regardless of pulling or adding timing. So, I'm concerned that this is a sign of the engine's mechanical issues showing up. Temperature and weather conditions are similar to when I tuned the car last year, so that can be mostly ruled out.

@MazNJ yep, full SD tunes are more sensitive to drastic temperature and weather changes
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-17, 01:01 PM   #802
JuniorAWD
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 8&9sec [email protected]&L
Fav Mod: MBC and Large Turbos
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JuniorAWD is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scoobie's 2004ish STi! Jrtuned making 322whp/374tq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobieDoobie View Post
yea, he actually hooked me up with a solid tune right after the whole ordeal with prime... I was pleased with it, seemed to be good.. but I honestly don't drive the car as much as I should.. recently I noticed a very strange idle issue. it would fluctuate at idle and almost stall...

I hit him up again and he has been sending me revisions to get it sorted out..

Shinji, feel free to chime in and shed some light on the situation.

to be honest tho I think it's my somewhat low compression that is the issue..

I'm just going to keep enjoying it while I can and try to start saving for a new block but im really not in a position to do that right now unfortunately.

Decotah, you have a 150K 04 STI, I did not want to push your car and blow it up. I have logs of the car hitting 19.5-20psi on the dyno, with almost no boost error correction. So clearly the car was happy making boost. Plus I also sent you a revised map with a warning about potential damage due to miles 3 months after your tune.
Unlike some others I am not wreck less and don't want you to have to buy a new motor and rather be cautious.

Regardless if you are happy that is all that matters, I just wanted to touch on the blowing you off post. Lots of times when a customer doesn't get an answer they want to hear they tend to feel put off by the shop. It happens, wish you the best.

Roy, enjoy the new found power.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-17, 04:24 AM   #803
ScoobieDoobie
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: PBP 04 RS/ PSM 04STi
Fav Mod: Mud Flaps!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ScoobieDoobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorAWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobieDoobie View Post
yea, he actually hooked me up with a solid tune right after the whole ordeal with prime... I was pleased with it, seemed to be good.. but I honestly don't drive the car as much as I should.. recently I noticed a very strange idle issue. it would fluctuate at idle and almost stall...

I hit him up again and he has been sending me revisions to get it sorted out..

Shinji, feel free to chime in and shed some light on the situation.

to be honest tho I think it's my somewhat low compression that is the issue..

I'm just going to keep enjoying it while I can and try to start saving for a new block but im really not in a position to do that right now unfortunately.

Decotah, you have a 150K 04 STI, I did not want to push your car and blow it up. I have logs of the car hitting 19.5-20psi on the dyno, with almost no boost error correction. So clearly the car was happy making boost. Plus I also sent you a revised map with a warning about potential damage due to miles 3 months after your tune.
Unlike some others I am not wreck less and don't want you to have to buy a new motor and rather be cautious.

Regardless if you are happy that is all that matters, I just wanted to touch on the blowing you off post. Lots of times when a customer doesn't get an answer they want to hear they tend to feel put off by the shop. It happens, wish you the best.

Roy, enjoy the new found power.
hey man, nice to see you here! I appreciate the response! I understand you have the logs of it make 19-20 on dyno but even right after I left, not even 15 minutes later.. I could only get it to make 18 and as time went on it started to top out at 16-17... I fully 100% understand the mileage concern and I also am concerned about the health of the engine.

what "put me off" most was the way Demetri handled the situation.. he basically told me there was nothing more to be done. I still have screenshots of the convos but I wont post them here.. no need to start any drama.. I still highly respect you guys and what you do but I will say I wasn't too happy with my 2nd tune at that shop..

one thing I will say is I know you are extremely busy but i think people would enjoy it a lot more if they could talk to you directly, even if the response times are slow. I would still prefer that rather then having to talk thru a middle man. (once again, no disrespect towards D)

For the record I never even tried the revised map after D finally sent it because I was already working with Shinji.

I would love to have a private talk one day not on a public forum, if you ever have the time!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement