GD: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR! - Page 175 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!

Old 11-25-18, 11:20 PM   #1741
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Unfortunately the camera did not record any videos.

https://www.youtube.com/v/aO2jzoPFr9k
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-18, 01:14 AM   #1742
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Update:

The car was checked and serviced post WTAC. One run without radiator and a lot of abuse before that. Engine is healthy and happy.

P2P engine will be prepared early in 2019.
The race heads are ready, full hand port (deliberate, to keep it high boost friendly), top of the range unobtanium valves and dual springs from Ferrea and ready to go.

I would imagine that to go in around March.

The front rotors and pads are at the end of their life cycle. New Alcon rotors and hats and springs are already in and new pads were ordered. Pagid RST3. Interested to see what other guys are running...

Besides that there maintenance/upgrades happening as we speak.

I am starting to feel itch for a P car though. 2019 might be the year...
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 12-05-18, 01:52 AM   #1743
JeremySmith220
Developing Advanced Mastery

Fav Mod: Borg Warner EFR7670
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Update:

The car was checked and serviced post WTAC. One run without radiator and a lot of abuse before that. Engine is healthy and happy.

P2P engine will be prepared early in 2019.
The race heads are ready, full hand port (deliberate, to keep it high boost friendly), top of the range unobtanium valves and dual springs from Ferrea and ready to go.

I would imagine that to go in around March.

The front rotors and pads are at the end of their life cycle. New Alcon rotors and hats and springs are already in and new pads were ordered. Pagid RST3. Interested to see what other guys are running...

Besides that there maintenance/upgrades happening as we speak.

I am starting to feel itch for a P car though. 2019 might be the year...

Jealous of that new engine! Can’t wait to see the results. I have Endless ME22 pads up front now, they have a higher bite than the MX72’s and better breaking performance along with the new brake ducts. I rate them. Limit is definitely now the tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-18, 02:16 AM   #1744
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith220 View Post
Jealous of that new engine! Can’t wait to see the results. I have Endless ME22 pads up front now, they have a higher bite than the MX72’s and better breaking performance along with the new brake ducts. I rate them. Limit is definitely now the tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can not wait to use it. 2.3l of fury.

I havw heard good comments about ME22s. MX72, are the "track day" pads, us big boyz haha need full race ones.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-31-18, 09:17 PM   #1745
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Happy holidays and new year gents!

Wishing you health and happiness.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 01-01-19, 05:16 AM   #1746
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Happy holidays and new year gents!

Wishing you health and happiness.

Idin , same to you.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-08-19, 12:58 PM   #1747
uschearak
Gold Member

Car: Silver 15' STI base
Fav Mod: IWSTI Knowledge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

uschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura about

Cmon IDIN we want updates!!!! You should come fly out to Austin in February and come pit with me at Super Lap Battle (Global Time Attack Event) at COTA. Ill have my own car out there and another customer's car. The customer is a much better driver than me though, should be quite the battle!

Old 01-19-19, 09:19 PM   #1748
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschearak View Post
Cmon IDIN we want updates!!!! You should come fly out to Austin in February and come pit with me at Super Lap Battle (Global Time Attack Event) at COTA. Ill have my own car out there and another customer's car. The customer is a much better driver than me though, should be quite the battle!
I would really love to fly over and watch and help out (and maybe one day compete at Rd Atlanta). I am honoured by the offer. Let me do some investigations and see if I can make it.

Good luck to you and Sobber racing. Hope you both do well.

Update summary is: Service and development. Haha

I feel like we are close enough pace wise and good enough reliability wise that we just need to refine the package.

Gearbox is being rebuilt as we speak. With a few twists.

Cae racing shifter is awaiting delivery.

I am closely monitoring EFR 8474. Looking at the design, in a sense, seems like 7163 prototype to production version changes but done on a 8373? Same response but more power.

Have an invite for SA TA end of Feb, but still not sure if all the development work will be done before then. Will have a practice run or two before May though.

7th May, there is Vic TA with a lot of good teams and cars entering. This will be a serious one for me, as I am determined to do well.

I have applied for a VP racing fuel sponsorship as I have had very good results with C85 so far. But with Aussie dollar being so weak now, I could use all the help I get.

In other news, have been busy and stressed with work.

Need to start looking for a car that does towing duties but pleasant enough for DD and compact enough for city driving:

1- Range rover sport +: Look good, good on or off road -: Reliability, resale value, quite common

2- Jeep Grandcherokee SRT8 +: that V8 -: not much off road capability, that V8

3- Patrol V8 Y62 +: Nice V8, cheap -: Huge and ugly, thirsty

4- Mercedes G class professional: My favourite on paper. I have developed a bit of resentment for new cars and their stupid and unnecessary gadgets as well as super short operation life. My view is that next set of cars we get, we will keep forever: G-class, 997 GT3. Perfect combo, plus TBAG ofcourse.

G class pro is hand built and with an operation age of 30 years plus, it goes anywhere but the seats are basic and it is not as refined as say SRT8 or Range rover.

Big trucks are out of question as my partner will be driving it majority of time.

Last edited by TBAG; 01-19-19 at 09:24 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-23-19, 10:50 AM   #1749
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

Do you get any Audi or VW diesel SUVs ?
Diesel Grand Cherokee ?
BMW X5 Diesel ?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-23-19, 12:47 PM   #1750
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
Do you get any Audi or VW diesel SUVs ?
Diesel Grand Cherokee ?
BMW X5 Diesel ?
Yes, but audi when I am 65.

VW tuareg is same money as range rover. Almost.

X5, hate tgem somehow.

Grandcherokee is an option.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement