GD: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR! - Page 168 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!
Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RSR!

Old 08-31-18, 05:14 PM   #1671
Nick411
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB 02 WRX
Fav Mod: Built EJ207
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nick411 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project TBAG, Dry sumped STI GT3 RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Added power is awesome specially on the top end but Garrett turbos transient response is not even close to EFR. It spools quick but transient response is not even close.

So far, I think they are still MILES behind EFR.
Keep in mind you're also comparing a Garrett turbo that's a size up on the turbine and 2 sizes up on the compressor from the EFR you had, so you're also learning how to drive with a bigger turbo but yes, EFRs are the leader in transient response atm.

Garrett boosted & "massaged" EJ207 - 383whp/279wtq
"If you're not learning you're doing something wrong"
- Myself
@theflaredbugeye
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-18, 04:57 AM   #1672
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick411 View Post
Keep in mind you're also comparing a Garrett turbo that's a size up on the turbine and 2 sizes up on the compressor from the EFR you had, so you're also learning how to drive with a bigger turbo but yes, EFRs are the leader in transient response atm.
Absolutely so perhaps not a fair comparison. Time will tell.

So subinats was a mixed bag, day one slower tracks was sunoptimal as I just did one session in am and two in pm.

Overall just limited by tires but my goal was a WTAC test and data day which was day 2.

Supashock engineer came down. I had to work hard and dig deep to improve my technique and get used to the car.
About 1.5sec quicker than last years wtac, despite old hard tires. Didnt quite hit the mark as my goal was 1.41s on these tires and i got 42.2.

Man those AD08R tires were really dead at the end with pieces missing, as big as 1.5 cm long and 1cm deep.haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by TBAG; 09-03-18 at 04:46 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-01-18, 09:26 PM   #1673
got2boostit2
Administrator
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

got2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to all

Sounds promising at least.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-18, 10:55 PM   #1674
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Sounds promising at least.
It is.

I am just glad we did this, because I assumed with 100+ more hp we will be in 40 range immediately. Had we not done this test we would have had a surprise on our hand potentially.

I think we are in 40-41 range new tires as it is.

And I have a few ideas on how to improve things further.

There is still a bit more work to be done with suspension set up.

Element motor held pretty well as I was told it was happy and healthy. So credit where it is due, I drove this thing at 490whp the hardest I had ever driven with regular visits to 7800rpm plus a money downshift into 9000 rpm for a split second before I pressed in the clutch again. So not bad. Can't wait to see how the destroked P2P monster plus GIR race heads will do.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-02-18, 03:42 AM   #1675
got2boostit2
Administrator
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

got2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to allgot2boostit2 is a name known to all

Tic toc. Yeah nice to have proper support so you can concentrate on driving. Interesting to hear about the motor - finally. Ok, so mental prep for the next event. Nothing to it but to do it!
Got It Rex and the rest of the group and sponsors.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-02-18, 03:49 AM   #1676
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Shameless photo share(wh$#)ing:

Likes 5 Dislikes 0

Old 09-02-18, 10:33 PM   #1677
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Tic toc. Yeah nice to have proper support so you can concentrate on driving. Interesting to hear about the motor - finally. Ok, so mental prep for the next event. Nothing to it but to do it!
Got It Rex and the rest of the group and sponsors.
GIR had their hands full with 4 cars to support. And 3 of the cars were there to win their classes vs me who was testing.

It was a controlled frustration exercise in Subinats. I wanted to have new semi slicks and compete with the guys but I had to decide what to concentrate on and that was WTAC. Still, P10 in a sea of race prepped cars on soft semi slicks is not too shabby.

So overall, its time to go all in in Oct and hope we are good enough for a podium finish.

Last edited by TBAG; 09-03-18 at 04:44 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-18, 03:34 AM   #1678
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

TBAG looooks soooo goooooood
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-18, 09:56 AM   #1679
Gigs
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: S204 Engine
My Subaru Parts for sale

Gigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura aboutGigs has a spectacular aura about

Seat time is seat time

I would say car has a 1:39 in it for sure with fresh tires and a destroker !
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-18, 03:48 PM   #1680
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
Seat time is seat time

I would say car has a 1:39 in it for sure with fresh tires and a destroker !
New street tires are worth anywhere between 1 to seconds a lap. Semi slicks 4 to 5 sec.

So our test laptime of 1.42 translates to 1.40 to 1.41 everything else unchanged.

There are few areas I get find time but thats the difference between good driving and VERY good driving.

Further work on response plus mild anti lag and flat foot shiftingwould also help.

Plus, we wont go to WTAC with "just" 490whp. ;-)
Competitive AWD cars in my class are anywhere between 575 to 740whp.
550 to 600 is going to be good for that "all in" lap.

Last edited by TBAG; 09-03-18 at 04:47 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement