GD: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat
Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat

Old 12-20-18, 07:16 AM   #51
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat

I forgot you had an STi before.

I have a beater Cobalt SS and im so glad it has a reverse lockout cause i forget and ill be on the highway trying to shift into 6th AKA reverse haha
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-18, 07:48 PM   #52
BlobEyeGuy
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 05 Aspen White STi
Fav Mod: ...Pick 1?
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlobEyeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep! It's not enough that audibly it sounds like it's time to shift, but subconsciously I know there should be one more coming too.

I imagine that reverse lockout has come in handy a number of times in the Cobalt after coming from the STi. I haven't driven something with 6 gears in a few years and I'm still looking for it. Forget it if I switched on something like a weekly basis, I'd need a small surplus of transmissions for sure haha.

After driving the 5 speed I often wonder if they stuffed a 6 into the newer wrx so people like me would finally stop searching for that phantom 6th.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-21-18, 10:46 AM   #53
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Spoke with the shop and the project should begin just after the new year. Decided to get a DCCD capable trans, in case I wanted the future addition.

What I'm really excited about is the DSS carbon driveshaft! I've heard nothing but good and wanted one since hearing about it for the GD.

With the motor and trans squared away the last thing to take care of are aesthetics. I've tossed around the idea of getting seriously wide wheels and the MntRider flares for the hatch. If/when I go that route I'll probably just save to finish everything up properly all at once, including the rest of the DCCD, R180, hubs and drool worthy big brake kit. I love the gold Brembos, but at the same time there's something delicious about Wilwoods..

This was supposed to be a DD, but quickly turning into another freaking toy. Wtf is self control?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-19, 06:14 PM   #54
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Car went kablooey. Gave up on it and got into a stock 19 sti. Oddly enough I'm really enjoying it stock. I'm going to add a cat back and some trans goodies to enjoy the shift feel a little more, but otherwise its going to be all show and no go. These weren't meant to be fast. Dialed in with fun usable power? Sure. Fast? No.

The plan is to put it on air, fit the 19x10.5 Work Meister S1 3P's that were meant for the Evo X, add a little duckbill and a Chargespeed Bottomline kit and call it a day. I want this one to be way more low key than the hatch was.

Hope anyone reading this is doing well!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-19, 04:56 PM   #55
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JFC I tried installing Torque Solutions Shifter bushings today. Rear doesn't line up. Front's seemed ok but now I can't get the car in reverse to take it off the ramps...LOL...

Anyone run into this before?

EDIT: Dang. I was clearly way too frustrated yesterday. I loosened the knob a couple turns and bingo. Haven't seen if it goes into 6th yet but at least it's off the stupid ramps for now.

Last edited by BlobEyeGuy; 06-10-19 at 06:09 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement