GD: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat
Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat

Old 11-02-13, 07:37 PM   #21
BlobEyeGuy
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 05 Aspen White STi
Fav Mod: ...Pick 1?
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlobEyeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat

Well, I put the 350Z in storage for the winter
Even though I only put 45 miles on it this year, bringing the odometer to whopping 24,960, I'm still bummed its put away.

ZPICAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! Oh and dont make fun of my garage, dick! Its embarrassing, but it gets the job done.. Kind of. I dont really wanna fork over the $700 to get another half decent one, and where its only under that POS while the Z isn't in storage, its good enough for now.

It doesnt have a whole lot done to it, its an even slower project than the STi

Literally and figuratively. Its slow as fuuuuck. And I haven't done a thing to her in at least a year. Now go ahead and read that last sentence again, except this time in the most disappointed, defeated, and depressed voice you can muster.

Z Mods:

Top Secret 2008 style CF hood
Blitz half carbon rear spoiler
Personal Neo Grinta 330MM Suede wheel
Works Bell hub & QR
Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi shift knob
3M "carbon" wrapped arm rests
Greddy Ti-C True Dual
JWT pop charger
Rays G-Games 99B 19x9.5F 19x10.5R
BC BR Coilovers
Rear wiper delete

Still need to install the Motordyne ART pipes I have sitting under the bed, and get the Nismo V3 fixed/painted and installed.

In STi news, I ordered some blue leds for a little interior project, and some rain guards so I can have the window down to hear the exhaust a little better when its raining

Go fast parts will be on order as soon as I can remember to call the tuner and set up an appointment...

Thats all folks. See you when I finish my interior project
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-13, 02:42 AM   #22
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

A Z for DD and an STi for fun ... awesome
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-03-13, 05:58 AM   #23
RecceRS
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Privacy
My Subaru Parts for sale

RecceRS is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Jim's Journal - They were wrong; The world is flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlobEyeGuy View Post
ZPICAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! Oh and dont make fun of my garage, dick! Its embarrassing, but it gets the job done.. Kind of. I dont really wanna fork over the $700 to get another half decent one, and where its only under that POS while the Z isn't in storage, its good enough for now.
Image Link
*Looks around in the picture for said garage*

... you mean that "temporary car shelter" ? (it's how we call those here)

So.... you can't make fun of what doesn't exist!

BTW, I'm sure you've already taken care of it, but make sure that the thing is anchored to the ground enough to survive a hurricane. I have one to store my Scirocco in the winter and let's just say that 4 helical anchors + 6 cinder blocks were barely enough to make it stay on the ground with the 60 MPH winds we had recently. The shelter can go to hell, but you want to protect what's inside more!

To make the anchor install as easy as can be, I welded large nuts on top of each one, and I use my air impact gun to screw them in the ground! Makes for a quick uninstall too when spring comes! (we have to remove them by law)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-13, 07:46 AM   #24
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian-X- View Post
A Z for DD and an STi for fun ... awesome
Thanks! Every time I see them together, I have to slap myself to make sure I'm not dreaming But the Z isn't quite a daily. In the almost 6 years I've owned it, I've put on ~16K miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecceRS View Post
*Looks around in the picture for said garage*

... you mean that "temporary car shelter" ? (it's how we call those here)

So.... you can't make fun of what doesn't exist!

BTW, I'm sure you've already taken care of it, but make sure that the thing is anchored to the ground enough to survive a hurricane. I have one to store my Scirocco in the winter and let's just say that 4 helical anchors + 6 cinder blocks were barely enough to make it stay on the ground with the 60 MPH winds we had recently. The shelter can go to hell, but you want to protect what's inside more!

To make the anchor install as easy as can be, I welded large nuts on top of each one, and I use my air impact gun to screw them in the ground! Makes for a quick uninstall too when spring comes! (we have to remove them by law)
Hahaha yeah that abomination of a car shelter is unfortunately what I'm stuck with to use as a garage.
Who the hell buys a house without a garage!?!?
I envy you guys with paved driveways, and garages that arent made out of tarps

And it was supposed to be only temporary until I cough up the money for another quality shelter, so it actually isnt anchored I take it down in the winter, and just hightail it to safer ground (there's a concrete parking garage down the road) when the weather gets bad in the spring and summer months. I'll get around to buying another quality shelter in the spring time; you know, after the STi has a good round of parts added to it

And thats kind of odd you have to take them down in the spring. Unless its also a law that houses in Canada must come with garages. Then I'd understand... and move to Canada.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-03-13, 10:38 AM   #25
RecceRS
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Privacy
My Subaru Parts for sale

RecceRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlobEyeGuy View Post
And thats kind of odd you have to take them down in the spring. Unless its also a law that houses in Canada must come with garages. Then I'd understand... and move to Canada.
It's on the municipal level (city), 99% of cities in Québec have such a rule for car shelters. Give or take a few weeks, it's from the first Saturday of October to the last Sunday of April. Mostly, it's for "better city aesthetics"... no joke! I'm not sure about the rest of Canada though, as Québec tends to do things differently just for the sake of it...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-13, 09:25 AM   #26
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecceRS View Post
It's on the municipal level (city), 99% of cities in Québec have such a rule for car shelters. Give or take a few weeks, it's from the first Saturday of October to the last Sunday of April. Mostly, it's for "better city aesthetics"... no joke! I'm not sure about the rest of Canada though, as Québec tends to do things differently just for the sake of it...
Psh, aesthetics. Wabi Sabi that shit!

At least the city is kind enough to allow you to use the things you spend your hard earned money on, even if it is only for a few weeks out of the year

Who knows what chaos could be caused if nobody took down their car shelter! I guess that's why folks like you and me aren't in charge - we just don't get it.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-13, 05:23 PM   #27
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ok, so I broke a rain guard before install, and my interior project has taken a detour. I really need to calm myself before buying stuff to do these exciting new mods... I end up finding out there's a shit load more involved after I've bought what turns out to be only half of the materials needed. Deep breaths, and more research from now on.... I was a little bummed, but not going to give up on it yet.

I decided to cheer myself up and order something I've wanted for a looooong time. Since a few months after buying the Z actually... We'll call it 5 and a half years of wanting. Taking a page out of Jay's book, until it arrives, and I get it working, you're going to have to wait and guess

That way you wont know it took me 3 months to figure out which way was up... on the directions... that are written in english, and in my defense probably spanish and french too so I'll have to figure out which one I need DONT JUDGE ME

Must be medicine time again
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-19-13, 05:29 AM   #28
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Went to see the Z over the weekend and took a couple more horrible iphone shots. What is a camera?

I know, that hood is missing a ton of paint. I couldn't bring myself to paint over that sexy ass carbon when I first bought it; and after a 9 month wait from Top Secret, damn right I wanted to show it off. Saner heads have prevailed though, and paint will come soon to clean it all up.

In other news, I got a status update from the vendor and my xxxx should be here a few days after the thanksgiving holiday
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-09-13, 02:02 PM   #29
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

My, what a big package you have...

Can I interest you in a little foreplay?

Oh okay, you're just gonna whip it out then? Fine. Lets get to it.

More pics to come once everything is installed!

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-26-13, 05:28 PM   #30
BlobEyeGuy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ok, pics of the seat installed will come tomorrow. I finished the install and took a quick spin before everyone came over for Christmas dinner. I took it through some familiar curves where I'd flop around everywhere, and holy hold me tight and make me feel like the only girl in the world! Er.. Yeah... I no longer flop around is what I meant. Its also just as comfortable, if not more, than the stocker. WIN! Added bonus, the side bolsters are high enough to rest my arm on comfortably when I'm sitting at a light.

If you've been thinking about getting an aftermarket seat, DO IT! I knew I was unhappy with the stock seat, but I didn't realize how crappy it really was (for me) until now.

More updates to come soon. Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday!

Edit: Pics come late, been feeling like a bag of used assholes these past couple days
I know they suck, but its the best I was willing to do with a fever in the cold. If anyone wants any better shots of anything specific don't hesitate to ask. I'll do the best I can with my crappy iphone once I don't feel so blah.

And I only plan to use the harness when I'm having fun in the twisties, I know what you were thinking...

Last edited by BlobEyeGuy; 12-30-13 at 08:34 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement