wdb's journal: Back from the dead! - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
wdb's journal: Back from the dead!
wdb's journal: Back from the dead!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > wdb's journal: Back from the dead!

Old 09-01-15, 09:55 AM   #131
wdb
Immoderate
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

wdb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wdb's journal: RIP Subie, post #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by oharao2 View Post
Restorative Yoga is your friend. Start asap. Only way I recovered from my last accident.
When I first read that I thought "WTF, I wasn't injured". Then I read up a bit on restorative yoga. It might actually be useful to me. Thanks for the suggestion.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-15, 03:00 PM   #132
Greg
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2006 - CGM
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Greg is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see this and glad you are OK. I will surely miss the periodic updates from one of the few remaining originals. I still have my 06. 67k miles and still doing great. My son, who used to ride in the back in booster seat, is learning to drive a manual transmission in the STI.

I did go back to stock front sway bar following some of your comments earlier in this thread. Very happy I did. However, I never was willing to give up my 1.5 degrees of camber as breaking was an issue for me.

Anyway, its nicely documented journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. Best wishes on your next chapter.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-02-15, 09:07 AM   #133
wdb
Immoderate

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I still have my 06. 67k miles and still doing great. My son, who used to ride in the back in booster seat, is learning to drive a manual transmission in the STI.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-15, 07:26 AM   #134
wdb
Immoderate

My Subaru Parts for sale

The car is now officially with its new owner. I bought it back from the insurance folks and resold it to my local Subie guru. He also bought a bunch of the parts I had at the house. What I have left to sell:
  • Custom in-car camera mounting bracket. Bolts in behind rear seat cushion. Brand new, never used. $20
  • Genuine Subaru JDM water spray pushbutton. Brand new, never used. Push on / push off, stays on unlike stock button. Used with the mega-tank intercooler water spray system that came on some Japan-only models. I never got the boost pressure switch to rig up the boost-reference system, so this never got used. $20
  • Genuine JDM STi V-Limited front lip. They put these on S204s and rally-prep cars. This one is used and scratched. $100
  • AST coilovers with Swift springs and custom valving by Turnin Concepts. Purchased as part of a group buy (link below). Brand new never installed. $1500
    AST coilover group buy/sale!!!!!
Pics are here.

There were also a lot of bits still on the car, not all of which are necessarily salvageable. If anyone is interested contact me and I'll put you in touch with the fellow who bought the car. Why didn't I strip them off you ask? Because the insurance company increased their payout based on the presence of those parts, that's why! Should anyone else's car suffer the fate mine did I strongly recommend pushing for increased value for certain mods. STi's are not Honda Civics, and some modifications genuinely do make the car more valuable at resale time. My adjuster found 2 dealers who agreed with me on this. Anyway here's the list.
  • Defi boost gauge & controller
  • JDM STi Duracon shift knob
  • Mastro floormats
  • Autospeed deadpedal
  • Mines replica rear spoiler
  • Samco radiator hoses
  • Cobb downpipe
  • Cobb stainless steel exhaust
  • Two-piece front brake rotors, upgraded rear rotors
  • Cobb short shifter - two-way adjustable, very clever piece
  • Hotchkis Street sway bars
  • Kartboy rear sway bar end links
  • Group N strut tops
  • Goodridge brake lines
  • JDM STi front strut tower bar
  • Cobb (Cusco round) rear strut tower bar
  • Upgraded shifter mounts (Kartboy I think)
  • Group N engine/transmission mounts - almost new

Last edited by wdb; 10-03-15 at 08:39 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-13-15, 08:24 AM   #135
wdb
Immoderate

My Subaru Parts for sale

Nobody local is biting on the coilovers. I'm willing to drive to meet up...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-30-17, 02:43 PM   #136
wdb
Immoderate

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default It lives!

So this is weird. Rich from Flat Four Specialties bought the car after the accident. It languished in his shop for a couple of years before he got around to attacking it. Once he got into it he decided it was worth saving. So he did just that! IT LIVES!

Rich graciously let me take the car for a spin. It was a real treat. The car drives perfectly, runs like a top, and put that same smile back on my face that the car always used to put there. The repair job is very, very, VERY good.

Oh and the car's for sale. Reach out to Rich if interested but I think he has a strong buyer already so don't waste time.

Flat Four Specialties - Home | Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
wdb's journal: Back from the dead!-img_0527-jpg   wdb's journal: Back from the dead!-img_0528-jpg   wdb's journal: Back from the dead!-img_0529-jpg  
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement