GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 01-07-14, 09:08 AM   #71
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Mishimoto Radiator Installed - Pics! - 1/6/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSGTS14 View Post
the only thing i suggest and i may not be completely correct, is to swap that mishimoto cap to an OEM subaru. that cap is rated a bit higher.

we literally just put this rad into an 09 wrx and it's the first thing i noticed. we plan on getting a subaru approved cap.

I don't know about the WRX, but the OEM STI rad cap on my car is rated for 137kpa (1.37 Bar) and the mishimoto cap is 1.3 bar. So it's actually a hair less pressure on my car... But the rad has a higher cooling capacity, so that shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT: Local shop advised me that the Mishimoto Radiator caps are prone to failure after a year or so. OEM cap is back on!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 02-16-14 at 07:29 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-14, 09:10 AM   #72
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Mishimoto Radiator Installed - Pics! - 1/6/14

although i may try to put my old OEM one back on...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-14, 05:50 PM   #73
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

So the A/C is recharged, Roll Center Kit and Adjustable Rear Lateral Links are installed, and alignment done with -1.5* camber on all 4 corners.

Only problem is since i bumped the power steering line during the radiator install, I need a new O-ring and my steering is sucking in air and whining like crazy... New O-ring coming in monday. Until then no harsh steering or testing out new suspension bits...

Shifter bushing install still to come

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-14, 03:54 AM   #74
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

well the shop trimmed my upper rad hose yesterday because they said I didnt have enough clearance... I cleaned up coolant residue last night, assuming it was from them trimming the hose and not cleaning up after themselves.

now this morning I have more coolant sprayed on my engine. awesome. guess where I'm headed back to today...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-10-14, 10:01 AM   #75
weSTie
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 07 STi LTD #512
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

weSTie is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew that install went to smooth for you! PS pump went ape shit on me also, I had to replace the clamps along with the o-ring to get mine straightened out. Maybe have t-bolts put on the rad hoses if it's not to late, while they are fixing the leak. You'll get it figured out though! Best of luck.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-10-14, 11:23 AM   #76
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by weSTie View Post
I knew that install went to smooth for you! PS pump went ape shit on me also, I had to replace the clamps along with the o-ring to get mine straightened out. Maybe have t-bolts put on the rad hoses if it's not to late, while they are fixing the leak. You'll get it figured out though! Best of luck.

Ha, yeah the upper rad hose clamp was my issue. Replaced both and no more leaks. The shop will be getting more O-rings in Monday for the PS pump, then I'm going to get that taken care of. Then I can finally start carving some corners and test out the improved suspension setup!

And one of these days, shifter bushings will go in...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-16-14, 09:42 AM   #77
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

New P/S pump O-ring and new fluid! Car is good again! Now, at the advise of the local subie shop, I'm considering a P/S cooler. Sounds like a cheap but effective mod to promote pump/rack/oil longevity...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-28-14, 05:57 PM   #78
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

The first real snow since I bought my STI is here!!! I'm going to try to get out tomorrow sometime, but its going to be sketchy since I only have summer tires...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-28-14, 08:17 PM   #79
awakethroughmotion
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 06 WRB STi
Fav Mod: Defi's
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

awakethroughmotion is an unknown quantity at this point

i just read through your journal, it nice to see your passion. i have version 8 jdm seats in my 06 sti and i feel your pain on swapping parts. i was able to get height adjustment on both seats, swap the bladder in the pass seat, keep my usdm driver rails without having to buy anything extra. they are tight and i love them. i have to take my wallet out when i sit down theyre so snug. keep up the good work!

also be really careful with summer tires, youll get decent traction under acceleration but braking is terrible and youll have crazy understeer. i stopped driving my sti when it snows here in oregon which is somewhat often on summer tires.

Last edited by awakethroughmotion; 01-28-14 at 08:21 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-29-14, 05:09 AM   #80
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakethroughmotion View Post
i just read through your journal, it nice to see your passion. i have version 8 jdm seats in my 06 sti and i feel your pain on swapping parts. i was able to get height adjustment on both seats, swap the bladder in the pass seat, keep my usdm driver rails without having to buy anything extra. they are tight and i love them. i have to take my wallet out when i sit down theyre so snug. keep up the good work!

also be really careful with summer tires, youll get decent traction under acceleration but braking is terrible and youll have crazy understeer. i stopped driving my sti when it snows here in oregon which is somewhat often on summer tires.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm riding on the JDM pass seat base and just living with being a little higher. It's not that bad, and I like the more snug base. I just wish there was a way to lower it an inch or two...

Yeah, I want to go driving through the snow so bad! But snow driving isn't worth a busted car. I'll probably just stay in

I want to find a cheap winter setup to have on tap for days like today. Even if we only get one or two a year...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement