GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 12-23-13, 07:20 PM   #61
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building an Intake Air Box

It is finished! Yesterday I drove to charlotte and back so I plugged my access port in to monitor the intake temp on the drive. I only had the outside air temp from my dashboard, but I'm hoping the calibration on the two sensors is similar since they're both being read out in the ECU...

I am pleased to report that throughout the drive (at highway speeds) I was consistently between 0-3 degrees above ambient temperature (depending on traffic/clean air/etc). There was a large portion of time where i didn't have any cars in front of me and maintained intake temperature AT the ambient temperature displayed on the dash! Thats a win folks. (FYI - this intake w/o the box or bumper ram air, is reported to run at around 25-30 degrees above ambient while driving)

**please disregard the duct-tape in this picture. I have the OEM cover for that hole, but I dropped in the fender and havent gotten it back out yet...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-06-17 at 03:18 AM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-13, 03:52 AM   #62
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Intake Air Box complete - PICs!

TIC and Kartboy shifter bushings for Christmas baby!!!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-02-14, 01:18 PM   #63
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Well sports fans, my radiator has sprung a leak. I have a nice 3-4" crack along the top center-ish of the radiator. Just ordered a Mishimoto Aluminum as the replacement.

And this week I should be getting my A/C suctioned/recharged, my adjustable rear lateral links and roll center kit installed (with an alignment), and possibly my shifter bushings (if i have time)... busybusybusy

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-14, 06:07 AM   #64
nlk3233
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: AW '05 STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nlk3233 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueScooby View Post
Well sports fans, my radiator has sprung a leak. I have a nice 3-4" crack along the top center-ish of the radiator. Just ordered a Mishimoto Aluminum as the replacement.

And this week I should be getting my A/C suctioned/recharged, my adjustable rear lateral links and roll center kit installed (with an alignment), and possibly my shifter bushings (if i have time)... busybusybusy
Id LOVE to see the results on this. Cant wait, particularly the radiator and roll center kit.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-03-14, 06:31 AM   #65
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks, as far as the radiator goes, I'm most excited about being leak free again and not having to worry about the OEM plastic radiator ends failing again... The slight bump in cooling capacity, and engine bay "bling" factor are pretty cool too

I am really excited about the suspension bits and shifter bushings though! I'm excited to see the handling improvement from the roll center kit; and if the shifter bushings do to my car what they did to my buddies LGT, my shifter is going to feel amazing!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-06-14, 04:15 AM   #66
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Ripped out the old radiator last night. Wasn't very difficult, but it is quite messy.

New radiator is due to arrive today. Kinda frustrated with UPS though. It arrived in Greensboro (nearby city) Friday afternoon. I called to see if I could pick it up and was told that "it is in transit" and there's nothing they can do for me to pick it up sooner. Well it left their warehouse this morning. It was sitting there for 3 days and they cant let me go pick it up?!?! pisses me off...

anyhow, i should be getting it installed tonight.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-06-14, 06:01 PM   #67
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Mishimoto Radiator Installed - Pics! - 1/6/14

New radiator is in! It was actually a fairly easy swap, just took a little time to pull the old, flush the block, and install the new. The only problem is I ran out of fluid before burping the system so I need to get more tomorrow. For now, enjoy the pics!

Old radiator is out!

Old vs New

Fans test fitted. Install was done after the radiator was in the car. Supplied mounting bolts made fan bolt up a piece of cake.

DONE!

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-06-17 at 11:39 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-06-14, 06:36 PM   #68
weSTie
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 07 STi LTD #512
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

weSTie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Mishimoto! The exact same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Looks like you did a much better job at triming the hoses...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-06-14, 06:39 PM   #69
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Mishimoto Radiator Installed - Pics! - 1/6/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by weSTie View Post
Nice Mishimoto! The exact same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Looks like you did a much better job at triming the hoses...

Actually I didn't have to trim either hose... I bought new silicone mishimoto hoses, and they managed to fit without trimming, although they're on there tight... (And no rubbing!)

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-07-14, 08:18 AM   #70
muller_777
pwn n00bs
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Car: '18 CBS STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

muller_777 will become famous soon enough

the only thing i suggest and i may not be completely correct, is to swap that mishimoto cap to an OEM subaru. that cap is rated a bit higher.

we literally just put this rad into an 09 wrx and it's the first thing i noticed. we plan on getting a subaru approved cap.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement