GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 68 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 01-09-17, 06:40 AM   #671
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Fender Vents Installed, now working on switch plate

Still waiting on my order of that expandable wire braid stuff to clean up the wires. But in the meantime I finally made test mounted the panel in the car and it fits perfectly

Anyone interested in the JDM center sun visor I removed to make room for the switches? I got it real cheap off ebay, so I'd let any of you guys have it for just the cost of shipping if you're interested. Otherwise I'll make a for-sale thread for it...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 08-04-17 at 04:42 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-17, 06:59 AM   #672
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Fender Vents Installed, now working on switch plate

I keep saying I'm going to order two sets of inner liners and cut/hot stake them together to make them wider. I have to get on that before they are no longer available.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-17, 09:25 AM   #673
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
I keep saying I'm going to order two sets of inner liners and cut/hot stake them together to make them wider. I have to get on that before they are no longer available.
I'm not sure I know what you mean... are you doing fender flares or something?

BTW, the fender liners from rockauto.com are pretty decent and they are only like $30 a piece.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-17, 09:38 AM   #674
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueScooby View Post
I'm not sure I know what you mean... are you doing fender flares or something?

BTW, the fender liners from rockauto.com are pretty decent and they are only like $30 a piece.
Was still stuck in my mind on the fender liner thing and know that rolling front fenders or running big tires causes issues - so there was another part to comment in my mind lol.
I'll have to check Rock Auto. As I've burned through part of my front liners and need/want coverage.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-17, 09:57 AM   #675
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Oooh OK. that makes more sense. lol

Both of the fender liners I am running are from rockauto currently. You can tell they are slightly less quality but they are so cheap that I don't care. Plus it makes me feel much more at ease to cut them up

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-11-17, 12:31 PM   #676
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Welp, I just blew a ton of money... Finally getting all the last big items ready before this season ramps up. wheels, tires, brakes, and oil cooler all on the way. That should pretty much do it for where I wanted the car to be. Now if I can keep from spending anything else for a while that would be greeaaat...

Big shoutout to Jason (yamahaSHO) for helping me select an oil cooler and Drew (TehClap) for the wheels

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 01-12-17, 01:40 AM   #677
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-12-17, 02:09 AM   #678
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

^ Yes!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-12-17, 03:28 AM   #679
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Well I was going to order a set of the RE-11As but apparently (according to discount tire and bridgestone) there's basically no more in the US (in my size anyway) because they have been discontinued and replaced by the RE-71R... I wanted to go with the 11s over the 71R mostly for the longer treadwear life (even though they are both a 200 treadwear). RE-71R is the fastest auto-X tire right now, but I'm not sure if that also translates to a good road-coarse tire.

What do you guys think? Go with the RE-71R? Something else?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-12-17, 03:44 AM   #680
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

RE-71Rs aren't available over here so no idea really.

My all time favourite so far is the Yokohama AD08R. 180 Treadwear, fast tire, works well both on Track and on public roads / in the rain.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement