GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 11-12-13, 04:14 AM   #51
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Night Photoshoot - 11/11/13

Just did a night shoot with a buddy of mine. It was pretty dark so we were basically just playing with lighting the whole time... here are a few of the favorites

and this one is a really cool (looong exposure) with just moon light and my brake lights:

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:54 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-13, 03:22 PM   #52
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a set of Whiteline adjustable Rear Lateral Links and their Roll Center/Bump Steer correction kit. Got a great deal on them from JS Auto Designs STi, thanks!

Now I'm just waiting on the lateral links to get in (waiting on next shipment). With this, my suspension will be done! (aside from minor stuff later on down the road...)

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-26-13, 05:35 PM   #53
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

well last night i noticed a new noise. It sounded like this horrendous metal-scratchy sort of noise, i popped the hood and figured out the noise was coming from one of the belt pulleys. Today, during lunch, I pulled the A/C belt off and figured out the tensioner pulley bearing was the culprit. Picked up a new pulley at the local stealership and installed it in ~10 minutes. No more nasty noises

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-13, 04:42 AM   #54
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Undertray modified

Well I finally got around to modifying my under-tray this weekend. Its just so big, that i didnt want to have to take it off every time I change my oil, so I decided to cut some access doors. They arent that pretty (first time using a big cutting wheel tool...) but they get the job done just fine. Generally pleased with the outcome.

What do you think?

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:55 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-13, 04:52 PM   #55
MrRichter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC Fender Braces
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

MrRichter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Undertray modified

Nobody will see it so I wouldn't worry about how it looks, as long as it functions well that's all that matters.

What undertray is that? I'm looking at getting one for my car for the winter to cover more of the undercarriage.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-13, 04:59 PM   #56
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRichter View Post
Nobody will see it so I wouldn't worry about how it looks, as long as it functions well that's all that matters.

What undertray is that? I'm looking at getting one for my car for the winter to cover more of the undercarriage.
Yeah, I'm just sort of a perfectionist, and it frustrates me when I try something new and it doesn't come out quite like I planned. Particularly when I immediately think of how I could've done it better... But all in all I am pretty pleased with it.

It's the Beatrush undertray. It's only 1/16" thick though, so don't try to use it as a skid plate... I'm using it primarily for Aero and for protection from road debris.

Supposedly, it increases front end down force at speed, but by how much, I don't know...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-13, 05:18 PM   #57
MrRichter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC Fender Braces
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

MrRichter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueScooby View Post
Yeah, I'm just sort of a perfectionist, and it frustrates me when I try something new and it doesn't come out quite like I planned. Particularly when I immediately think of how I could've done it better... But all in all I am pretty pleased with it.

It's the Beatrush undertray. It's only 1/16" thick though, so don't try to use it as a skid plate... I'm using it primarily for Aero and for protection from road debris.

Supposedly, it increases front end down force at speed, but by how much, I don't know...
I'm the same way, I hate it cause then I want to redo it but don't want to mess up what I've already done, it's a vicious cycle.

I'm mainly looking at one for protection from debris/snow and a little better mpgs from the improved aero, but definitely won't be rallying or off-roading so I won't have to worry about that.

I'm just waiting on a used one to pop up in the forums for cheap. Where'd you get yours?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-13, 05:23 PM   #58
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't see them pop up used very much... I looked myself before just buying a new one. That way I knew id get all the hardware and brackets too... I think I got it at kami speed, they has the best price I could find.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-11-13, 06:30 AM   #59
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

so I have a couple 2'x4' sheets of ABS plastic at the house. I was originally planning on using them to make the underside of my front bumper flat, but it will probably be a while until I get around to that.

In the mean time, I think I have enough extra material to also build an insulated air box for my "hot air" intake... I've already got the fog-light-ram-intake plumbed up through the fender, and I just bought the OEM fender plug for the other fender opening. Now I need to start measuring and cutting some sections of ABS.

Do any of you have experience with fastening pieces of ABS together (particularly when they are perpendicular)? My thought is to get some corner brackets from lowes and just rivet them together.

I also plan on applying some insulation to the inside walls of the box, and potentially some gold foil on the outside of the box.

Thoughts?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-19-13, 03:58 AM   #60
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building an Intake Air Box

Progress on the air box! I've got it cut out and test fitted, I just need to finish insulating it, add the reflective gold foil and install!

Mocking it up out of cardboard:

Current progress:

I'll update later with pics of the finished product.

Sorry for the lousy phone pics...

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:56 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement