GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 08-21-13, 06:11 AM   #41
MrRichter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC Fender Braces
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

MrRichter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/14/13 Wheel Spacers Installed! (pics)

Oh wow, yeah you definitely needed new ones then. Car handle or respond any better?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-13, 07:07 AM   #42
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/14/13 Wheel Spacers Installed! (pics)

I haven't installed them yet, but I'm not expecting any dramatic improvements...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-13, 12:23 PM   #43
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Well I found a set of JDM V7 STi seats for a decent price and decided to grab them. As far as I know so far, it sounds like if I don't mind not retaining the drivers seat height adjustment, these seats should be a direct bolt in (aside from adding the passenger airbag sensor bladder thing under the passenger seat).

Super excited to get these in and try them out. Now I need to sell my USDM seats to recoup some cost...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-13, 04:24 PM   #44
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

so just to preface this, my struts have been revalved by FEAL, which involves drilling a hole in the top of the strut mounting bolt. This does weaken the bolt, but normally shouldn't be an issue.

So this afternoon I installed my camber plate bearings, and the very last bolt to be tightened was the strut top bolt for the drivers side strut. As i started to torque the nut down, the bolt sheared right off, flush with the top of the camber plate. Now i'm up a friggin creek without a paddle. I need to find a new strut to use. This is my DD, and it is now not drive-able. Supposedly Advance Auto will have a strut for me in the morning, but I'm not sure if it is going to be the right thing. Supposedly nobody really does aftermarket OEM replacements that you can get from an auto parts store? Whatever it is, i really hope it works. Once I get the strut off the car, I'm going to send it back to FEAL. Odi is going to work with me on getting it repaired so I can get it back in the car. Basically a new insert will have to be used.

Heres hoping I can use whatever Advanced Auto has tomorrow...

EDIT: picture

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:52 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-26-13, 10:52 AM   #45
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

well found a strut at an salvage yard; its being shipped today, and hopefully will be here thursday...

on a brighter note, my JDM V7 seats came in can't wait to get those installed!!! pics will be coming

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-26-13, 04:03 PM   #46
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/26/13 JDM V7 seats arrived! Now to install :)

so i just installed the V7 drivers seat. HOLY CRAP. I heard these seats were good, but I never knew they were THIS good! I honestly feel like the bolstering is as good as my old Sparco Speed bucket. The bolstering is amazing! Now to swap the passenger seat...

pic of the drivers seat installed:

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:53 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-29-13, 04:46 PM   #47
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/26/13 JDM V7 drivers seat installed! (Pics)

Well after nearly a week without my car, I got the "new" strut in today. Just finished installing it and went for a quick test drive to make sure everything was operating properly. And as a bonus, I finally got to take a drive in the V7 seats. Man those things are awesome! I am sitting slightly higher than I'd like to, but hopefully I can find a drivers seat bracket from a USDM WRX (bug-eye) to fix that...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-04-13, 04:27 AM   #48
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/26/13 JDM V7 drivers seat installed! (Pics)

getting the alignment today. I was going to add camber bolts to the rear to dial in the camber better, but after talking with my local Subaru shop, I won't be using them... They have had way to many issues with aftermarket camber bolts loosening/walking and even breaking... I guess I'm going to have to save up for some adjustable lateral links instead. Of course, by time I get those, I'll probably try to do a roll center/bump steer kit as well...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-16-13, 05:50 AM   #49
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - New Parent!

Well it has been one crazy week. Last Tuesday at 2:25am, my wife gave birth to our our first child! And its a boy! Weighing in at 8lbs 9oz and 20.5in long! He is the cutest little thing! But man, they say you dont sleep the first week/month, and they are right... I have never experienced this sort of tired before. haha Our saving grace has been my mother-in-law who is staying with us helping with the baby. I dont know how people do this with out help, its crazy!

Here we are in the hospital:

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:54 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-23-13, 04:55 PM   #50
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI

Well, its been a few weeks since Ive posted in here... Life has been crazy lately with a baby in the house.

Got a few goodies recently. I should be recieveing the final few bits I need to convert my JDM V7 "passenger seat" to a USDM V7 drivers seat base to retain proper seating position and height adjustment. Pretty excited about that

I also just picked up a Beatrush Undertray and 2 Perrin wing stiffies. I have been meaning to get the undertray for a while since my car did not come with the OEM plastic undertray. The Perrin stiffies are mostly a "look cool" and no more bouncing wing - thing... Either way, I'm looking forward to getting all that in sometime this week and next. Should be fun

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement