GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis

Old 07-03-14, 03:35 AM   #131
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - New Wheels installed, with pics!

Thanks!

They wouldve looked even better in a 255, but the MPSS does not come in anything wider than a 245 for a 17" wheel

I want to find another good, comparable tire, but everything I look at just doesn't stack up next to the MPSS... Its a pretty sticky tire, great wet and dry traction, it doesn't get noisy like a lot of extreme summer tires do, and it has a 30,000 mile warranty. If only it came in a 255, then all would be right in the world... haha. For the foreseeable future, i will be rocking a 245; at least until I burn these off anyhow.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-14, 04:36 AM   #132
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - New Wheels installed, with pics!

Well as it turns out I just bought a used Recaro Pole Position (should be here today), AND I just sold my Sparco EVO2 last night... The Recaro should fit in the car much better, and it will match the Recaro baby seats

Honestly, I thought it was going to be hard to sell the Sparco, but someone snatched it up over on nabisco. No complaints here!

Stay tuned for results

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-11-14, 11:22 AM   #133
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Postion is in!

The Recaro is in and the Sparco is out! I am super pleased with the Recaro, not only is the Knee area about 2" thinner than the sparco, the shoulder are also about 2" thinner. This seat fits SO MUCH better in the GD than the sparco did!

I actually slid the seat all the way towards the center of the car to start (with the mounting bracket slots) and decided I liked it there. So the distance between the seat shoulder and the B-pillar is "maxed out."

FYI, the sparco had to be set in the middle of the side-to-side adjustment due to the wide knee area, and ofcourse that didnt help the B-pillar issue. It really was a bear to try to get that thing to fit (not to mention the whole custom fabricated bracket issue...).

For those interested, I am using a Planted Tech base, Sparco sliders, and Planted side mounts.

Last edited by BlueScooby; 07-31-17 at 12:33 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-14, 05:57 PM   #134
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Position Installed!

So after a quick test drive, one thing has become readily apparent, I need to slide the seat a little towards the outside. As it sits its nearly impossible to buckle the seat belt. Not a huge deal, just means I've got to pull it back out for a minute.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-14, 06:21 AM   #135
MrRichter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC Fender Braces
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

MrRichter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Position Installed!

Exact seat I want to get, looks good man. Wheels look really good too, great color choice.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-14, 06:39 AM   #136
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Position Installed!

Thanks!

The Recaro is great, very comfortable and fits great! Unless you have a hardcore racer that needs a more stout seat, i don't see why you'd buy anything else

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-16-14, 04:29 AM   #137
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

So once I got to work this morning, i noticed what looked to be steam coming from the hood scoop. I figured its probably just because of the humidity and I used the water sprayer once on the highway (because racecar). BUT, when I opened the hood, the smoke/steam was coming exclusivly from the turbo... now I'm worried the oil filter screen thing is clogged and if I dont fix it asap that I'm going to ruin the turbo

Is there anything else this could be?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-16-14, 05:49 AM   #138
Nigel
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Sportster CS w/ SAB
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nigel is on a distinguished road

Not sure if the GD belt buckles are like the GR in that the drivers side is longer. If so I bought another passenger side buckle to get my seat in.

As far as your smoking turbo goes does it smell like burnt oil or burnt coolant. Could be a loose fitting.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-16-14, 08:13 AM   #139
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Not sure if the GD belt buckles are like the GR in that the drivers side is longer. If so I bought another passenger side buckle to get my seat in.

As far as your smoking turbo goes does it smell like burnt oil or burnt coolant. Could be a loose fitting.
I think both sides are the same length, but I'm not 100% on that. The top of the buckle is just below the curved edge of the seat, and with the seat mounted all the way inboard, it overlapped the top of the buckle just enough to make it nearly impossible to get the belt buckled. Once I moved it outwards, I got all the clearance I needed

Regarding the smoke, it didn't really smell like oil or coolant... I drove it by the local subie shop just now (they are going to squeeze me in this afternoon), and the hope is that its just a minor external leak, not an actual turbo "issue." Honestly it seems like just plain water, but that doesn't really make sense. I did hear what sounded like a drip of something hitting hot exhaust and flashing to steam though. Hopefully its something minor.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-24-14, 06:22 AM   #140
BlueScooby
Silver Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Turbo Smoking?

So I forgot to head by the shop the other day, but I have not had any more smoking or anything since that once incident, so I'm wondering if it was just a function of the humidity and using the IC sprayer... I'd be much more worried if they smoking continued, but I have not seen it even once since that day.

Maybe I'm ok?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement