GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 94 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 08-14-18, 05:11 AM   #931
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Someone went to the shoe store...**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
"RE-01r" Get rid of them. See my Mid Ohio experience last year, lol.
Oh I know...new tires are on the horizon.

Last edited by Got2Boostit2; 08-27-18 at 07:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-18, 07:07 AM   #932
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Someone went to the shoe store...**

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-27-18, 10:34 AM   #933
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Dyno day was a success!**

Fantastic and a long time coming. Congrats and enjoy it!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-18, 01:02 PM   #934
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

From your logs you sent me a few days ago... Wrap it out to 7,000 RPM and... You need MOAR t3rb0!

And E85!

3rd-5th

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-11-18, 10:44 AM   #935
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Well as usual, life gets in the way, so I haven't posted 'til now...but thanks Kyle! It sure feels awesome to get to a better point with this car. Hopefully things keep looking up!

Thanks Jason! Those numbers look good. We'll see ya whenever you make it out this month.

On the car front, haven't been able to drive for a while sadly, because it's been raining a shit ton and additionally, I've got the car off the ground getting these RAYS to fit. Made some progress though, see below. I'm waiting to hear back from Fortune regarding some things, so can't really progress 'til then. Bought one RE-71R tire to test-fit, remaining 3 are showing up today and will get those mounted ASAP. Trying to get this all done before Jason gets out here so we can do some road tuning. Will be good to be on fresh tires.

New mount test-fitting. You can see the welded washers there.

This is how far it sticks out with the bolt all the way outboard in the wider slots, before we adjusted the camber plate. I need to replace the pillowball mount on this corner anyways since some of the holes for the 4 camber locking bolts wouldn't accept the bolts - out of the box. Fortune sent me two replacements fo' free. The way it's sitting now, we are almost completely tucked under the arch. Once I install a new pillowball, I'll be able to get a bit more negative camber

Wheel to locking collar clearance with adjustment all the way outboard, again before camber plate adjustment.

I think I'll be able to get these to fit at current ride height and without rolling the rears; fingers crossed. I'll be getting another alignment after this is all fitted of course. Shit's gonna look good son.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 10-22-18, 12:42 PM   #936
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Sent out my original lower mounts to Fortune(again) to get slotted, less than before though. Will be down for another week or two sadly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-29-18, 06:16 PM   #937
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Will be getting the mounts back sometime this week, then will be fitting the CE28Ns on hopefully this weekend, as well as an alignment.

Sent an email to Evasive saying that I'm wanting to buy a Kansai diffuser, so early Christmas gift to me, yay.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-18, 12:01 PM   #938
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Also forgot to mention that for the past several nights I've been staying up late like an idiot and researching buying an R34. I have no idea how I'm gonna even attempt to even get the ball rolling, but I need to do something in the next couple years before prices get out of control; they're already on the rise. I may have to ditch the STi and/or the Focus ST and start squirreling away money. A nice example can be had for $60k+.

I have a friend with some family up in Canada with some possible garage space so the plan would be to import it up there and keep it there until I can bring it down here.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-18, 12:10 PM   #939
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

whoa there big fella. haha

that does sound really cool though! Honestly, I would think, the second the R34 is legal here, people are going to be importing them left and right. If you can swing it, doing it now is a great idea...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-28-18, 02:09 PM   #940
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **New wheels fitted!**

Been putting off posting for a while. Got the wheels fitted and an alignment done. -2.0* up front. On the rear mounts he ended up slotting out to 3.5mm over stock even though I asked for 2mm so, kinda annoyed by that and I guess it's another thing I should've done myself, since I guess I could've used a Dremel and measured the material to remove. I wanted the bolts to rest against the outside of the slot instead of being held in the middle of the slot, which is what they are now. But for eyeballing the bolt/slot placement and setting the camber plates via eyeball as well, we were dead on -1.7* on both rear corners and they didn't require any camber adjustment.

That's as far as we can go in the rear since the inboard pair of the pillowball locking bolts at the camber plate are as close as comfortable to the strut tower ring. There are 6 pairs in total on the pillowball mounts on either side of the camber plate, which allows for a lot of adjustment but currently I'm using the very outboard pair and then the 4th pair inboard, so there's two pairs of holes' worth of spacing and I'm not sure how far you can deviate from that and still retain even clamping load across the camber plate relative to the strut top. If I could move the inboard pair more outboard to, say, the next pair of holes outboard, I could push the strut tops a bit more for a bit more negative camber. Before and after the alignment, I didn't detect any rear rub at all but we'll see what happens when I drive more next season with some hard cornering.

I was surprised that these RAYS have much better inner barrel -> caliper and spoke -> caliper clearance than the SSRs that were on before, but then these wheels go on road/race cars with much bigger brake packages than mine. The wheel weights were excruciatingly close to the calipers and with where they were mounted with those particular tires, I was always somewhat concerned that they would somehow loosen or something and take a chunk out of my front calipers. Not so with these wheels.

Here's some pics. Garage pics before alignment:

Post-alignment, not completely flat driveway:

The difference should be subtle because a 255/40 is a smidge taller than a 245/40, but the car seems noticeably taller in the front...oh well.

Went to start the car the other night and run it for a few minutes to run the StaBil through the fuel lines and part way through, noticed that my fucking oil pressure gauge was reading zero! The gauge was working fine just the previous time I drove it. But the OEM light never triggered and the motor sounded fine, no sounds like you would hear if it wasn't getting oil or starving. So after I let it cool down a bit, went out to the garage later and cranked it while cutting fuel and ignition, and it was slowly building pressure while cranking. So it's not the sender, but it was suggested maybe there's an issue with the wiring, even though I know I did it properly. The only other thing I can think of is maybe it was just too cold? But that still doesn't make the most sense; I ran the car 'til it warmed up, so it should've been moving oil around. I really hope this is just a simple thing and that it's fine next season.

'til later.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 11-28-18 at 02:21 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement