GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 92 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 06-19-18, 01:47 PM   #911
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Someone went to the shoe store...**

Spacers don't bother me so much if they are small and you have the threads to support it. I have to run 3mm spacers up front on one set of wheels for my S2000 to clear the brakes. Other set fits fine without.

I have studs, so I don't have to worry about having a enough threads.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-18, 02:05 PM   #912
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, it's widely spoken that 3mm can and should work with stock lug bolts(which I have), but I'd have to check just to make sure that I'd have enough threads. That would just make me worry more.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-19-18, 04:46 PM   #913
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Oh my GOD.

Image Link

ohmygod!ohmygod!ohmygod! The long wait is over.

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Pure sex weighs 15.5lbs apparently...

One of only 7 sets ever made with these specs! They came with Rays black valve stems and I opted for some nice aluminum Rays Type A flat center caps; gives a subtle look over the same ones with the machined Rays logo and got Project Kics hub rings as well. I can't get over how awesome these are in person. Gonna be test-fitting soon.
Damn so sexy!

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-18, 06:15 PM   #914
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
If it comes down to it that I decide to look at other options, perhaps we could work out a deal? These have around 3-400 miles on them. Basically new with original box and contents. Since you have 18" wheels, I'm fairly confident that you would clear the locking collar, but 17x9 +45 is too close as it is. You'd have no issues clearing the Fortunes with your +35 sets.

Im definitely interested. Let me know if you do want to part ways with them!

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-21-18, 09:39 PM   #915
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Timing: -2*
Ambient temp: 71-73*
Shoes: laced
Buttz: dusty

Actually got to go for a drive tonight since there was finally a break in the rain we've been getting all week, new map seems a little better even though it's still technically a break-in map, not sure what all was changed.

I uploaded some data to the Logs folder in Drive btw, Jason; take a look when you have time. Was mostly clean, except I was getting a few knock events towards the end of the drive, between 2500-3000 rpm; I captured a couple in some logging. Not sure what's up, but that's been happening on most drives intermittently.

Fired off an email to Fortune Auto to see if they can help me out with some custom brackets for the rear clearance issue, waiting to hear back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueScooby View Post
Im definitely interested. Let me know if you do want to part ways with them!
Will do, Aaron.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 06-25-18 at 02:10 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-25-18, 02:09 PM   #916
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Fortune responded saying they could make some custom brackets for me, but we'll see what they do here. They'll also be sending me a new pillowball for the rear since some of the pillowball locking bolt threads on one corner were crossthreaded out of the box. Found out when I went to install the coilovers and forgot to let them know. So I left the bolts in the default spots for now.

So Aaron, it's looking like I may be keeping this set after all. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-25-18, 05:25 PM   #917
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Thats great (for you... haha)! Im interested to see what they come up with

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-26-18, 06:29 AM   #918
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah....nothing for sure yet though.

I'm wondering how much we'll end up elongating the slotted holes. Any changes made at the hub clearance/distance-wise end translate to more travel the farther you move up the strut so I hope that I'll still have enough camber adjustment up top now that I have to change things down low.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-10-18, 02:06 PM   #919
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

The new lower mounts will be slotted 4-5mm wider than normal, according to Fortune. In the next couple days, Rick and I will be loosening the clevis bolts just to make sure if there's more play or not. So Aaron, I'll update you as soon as I know for sure what's happening.

According to the datalogs so far, sounds like I may have a fueling issue, which may be causing the intermittent roughness/slight knocking between 2-3k RPM and likely the weird idle. I'm kinda annoyed with myself for not thinking about this issue before putting the car back together since after upgrading injectors, pump, etc., it's pretty necessary to upgrade the FPR as well. So upon Jason's recommendation, I'll be hardwiring the DW301 pump and also getting a FueLab FPR. It's been "fun" reading through fueling threads to figure out how to install these bits and what plumbing to buy. For some reason, fueling and wiring are my weaker areas of knowledge.

I'll be using -AN plumbing and probably mounting to the EBC bracket, here's the parts:

- FueLab 51502 FPR
- FueLab mini gauge
- Tomei 1/8 NPT FPR adapter

- 1 x 6ft Earl's PTFE braided hose
- 3 x Earl's straight hose ends (1 for 90* fitting adapter connection, other 2 for either end of the return line off the FPR)
- 1 x Earl's 90* hose end (for bottom of FPR)
- 1 x Earl's 90* 1/8 NPT<>-6AN fitting (for the FPR adapter)

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. I'm waiting to order the plumbing 'til I know for sure what I need. Also not entirely sure on how to connect the FPR back to the factory hardline, since currently it's just the stock FPR connected to the hardline with fuel hose and clamps. Anyone have an idea?

I'm also replacing the OEM fuel filter just to rule that out as part of the problem; it's likely the original one on the car, the car has sat a lot, and also the replacement interval is 64k miles and I would guess less than 13 years .

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 07-10-18 at 02:10 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-10-18, 06:12 PM   #920
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I'll ask Matt to send you over a parts list. I had it, but I can't find it through all the email I have.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement