GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 87 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 03-14-18, 12:48 PM   #861
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Break-in thang done, but done for season**

No prob, at least you answered me

I'll have to refer to my notes concerning my suspension settings and re-measure the ride height when I get the car back now that it's all settled by now and a full tank.

Yeah that's quite a lot of compression coming off banking and onto the apron, I can imagine a road car is affected and you can feel it much more than the same in a NASCAR....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-18, 06:47 PM   #862
brapp
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enoughbrapp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Break-in thang done, but done for season**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
No prob, at least you answered me

I'll have to refer to my notes concerning my suspension settings and re-measure the ride height when I get the car back now that it's all settled by now and a full tank.

Yeah that's quite a lot of compression coming off banking and onto the apron, I can imagine a road car is affected and you can feel it much more than the same in a NASCAR....
Totally. Also, since it was a modified version of the normal road course, it was probably somewhere between a 45 and 90 degree angle that you came off the bank at, while turning, right after dive bombing nearly at WOT down the banking. So a hard compression for sure.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-15-18, 04:08 PM   #863
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

Gavin...where to start?

Congrats on getting some miles on the STI, it's looking great. Also congrats on the CE28N's, those will be perfect! Also on the ST, they make a nice daily. Sorry to hear about the damage though.

FWIW I currently have 245/40/17 AD08R's on my 17x9 +35 TC105N's. Between the lower offset and the relatively "wide" 245, I rub out back at -2.2ish with the lips in the rear fenders ground down to the spot welds. I borrowed a friend's fender roller and will be "persuading" the rear quarters out a bit further as I plan to run the properly sized 255/40 in the future.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-18, 02:20 PM   #864
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Almost out of the cave**

Thanks Kyle! I am hoping to all hell I don't have any fitment issues with these damn wheels...

The ST is fun, I'm liking it a lot, and I don't even drive under boost that much for now.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the 10mm difference between yours and mine will prevent me from having to do any fender work. I didn't recall you had the lips shaved off completely AND stlll rubbing at -2.2*. Dang.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-22-18, 02:05 PM   #865
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

For anyone who is following along with my journal, I am trying to put together a list of people who would also be interested in purchasing a Kansai Service diffuser with some other people so we can have the potential for a discount on unit price and/or the shipping costs. I am currently talking with some vendors to set something up. So if you own a GD and want to get a carbon fiber diffuser, PM me your contact info since my GB interest page was shut down by the NASIOC admins. Currently, there's three total including me.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-27-18, 11:19 AM   #866
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Thanks Kyle! I am hoping to all hell I don't have any fitment issues with these damn wheels...

The ST is fun, I'm liking it a lot, and I don't even drive under boost that much for now.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the 10mm difference between yours and mine will prevent me from having to do any fender work. I didn't recall you had the lips shaved off completely AND stlll rubbing at -2.2*. Dang.
A few of my local Subaru buddies DD Focus ST's. Great daily driver, love those Recaros...

Yeah, I'm hoping I can massage the wheel wells out enough that I don't have the pull the plastic over fender trim pieces. Dialing in a bit more rear camber definitely helped, It's barely rubbing on the tread block now, but that is also on 245/40's I just checked my alignment sheet and it's actually -2.1 out back. I could probably dial in a bit more, I just don't want to go too crazy with the rear camber.

The offset difference will definitely help in your case. If a +42 TC105N were available I'd be all over it. You should be in pretty good shape.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-14-18, 06:34 PM   #867
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I hear ya...I'll be buying one 255/40 tire for test-fit.

Which who knows when that's gonna be happening because my freaking street is literally getting worse each day and oh yeah, they closed a major street for a widening project and that traffic is now being diverted through my neighborhood. And OH YEAH, I live less than a block from no less than TWO schools, elementary and middle. I can't wait to move....

So I'm not really sure how I'll be getting the car in the driveway without planks because the asphalt has eroded away from the end of my driveway even worse now. Not to mention the road condition/gravel/sand everywhere.

Also, it was literally 70 degrees yesterday and I was washing the ST out in the sun. Today however, it's been snowing for several hours now. In April. In Nebraska. Climate change on top of random NE weather FTW.

I'm kinda nervous/eager to go see the STi though, y'know because of the coolant and headgasket malarkey from a while ago. I'm fairly confident that it all sealed up last year since it wasn't leaking sitting at home(and if it were going to, I'd think it would have done it then), but it's been sitting since October '17, so who knows. Plus there was that slight tiny leakage at the water pump gasket. We'll see if that sealed itself. I'll be driving it home and then immediately changing oil and getting a sample off to Blackstone to see if there's any internal coolant leaks into the oil. Wheels should be showing up soon and still waiting to hear back from Evasive regarding the Kansai diffuser GB. Almost there...hopefully.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-14-18, 07:23 PM   #868
brapp
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2005 STi
Fav Mod: going from GR -> GD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

brapp will become famous soon enoughbrapp will become famous soon enough

CO weather has been like that too! Had to put on my Blizzaks last weekend for a trip as our destination was supposed to get 6" of snow.

They did... then it melted and was 80 degrees on the drive home.

It's gonna be so fun to drive the STi after so long driving the ST.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-14-18, 07:43 PM   #869
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Colorado is a bit nicer with its weather since it's gone so quick and is low pressure and dry. I do not miss Nebraska winters in the slightest. I don't think I have ever driven my STi in December - April in Nebraska, ever. I can drive every month of the year because the roads melt and dry so quickly and they don't use salt here. And Gavin is spot on... Nebraska roads, aside from I-80, are terrible. It's amazing Nebraska is one of the worst places to live for taxes. The return is real low there.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-14-18, 08:45 PM   #870
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'd take CO weather/roads over this any day. Yeah, no kidding....ridiculous tax rate in Douglas county let alone the state, and like, no improvements in general infrastructure. Pete Ricketts' gotta pay for those Cubs somehow.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement