GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 84 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 10-31-17, 09:29 AM   #831
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Still doing the break-in thang**

No, that's true, I get that. But I need to clarify. I wasn't racing at all, I just got into enough boost to crack it open, like 7 or 8 PSI for a few moments, which is what you told me would still be safe momentarily. I have treated the map like a base map 95% of the time elsewhere though. I've been driving mostly in vacuum as much as possible, nor have I raced anyone at all, ever.

But yes, I'll be getting another alignment

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 10-31-17 at 10:32 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-17, 09:13 AM   #832
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Break-in thang done, but done for season**

On a side note, I'm glad I put the car away before the temps plummeted. It's annoying how fast they dropped over the past week, wasn't ready for it. It's been so hard to get out of bed in the morning...ugh.

I'm not sure which endlinks I'm going to get. Or maybe I should just get a different front bar? It's weird how the bar ends don't match up with the OEM one very much. I'm thinking if I keep the bar, then I'll need to go with adjustable and/or spherical links.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-01-17, 09:20 AM   #833
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Break-in thang done, but done for season**

I say send it all back and put stock sway bars back on. You've got new suspension and that will play into how much or little sway bar you need. Once you notice and inadequacy, then upgrade.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-17, 07:53 PM   #834
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Fair point. I still have all the OEM stuff. We'll see what I can do next season.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-03-17, 01:50 AM   #835
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

What Jason said.
You get a better feel for what a upgraded part does if you only upgrade that and not 4 other parts at once

Send me the Swaybars over, I need to test Swaybars
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-04-17, 12:45 PM   #836
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I mean yeah. If I decide to do that next year, are you wanting them Ben?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-04-17, 12:55 PM   #837
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

I would if I lived stateside.

Shipping and customs / import tax doesn't make sense to bring them over here. But thanks for asking

I was just saying, one thing I want to test and see how it makes an impact on the handling are swaybars (H&Rs are reasonable priced over here).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-04-17, 01:27 PM   #838
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Fair enough. Just making sure. They make a big difference. I can already tell over the stock stuff.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-17, 08:52 PM   #839
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Looks like I may be getting my dream wheels after all! KamiSpeed opened up the GB again, almost a year later to try again since there's been a lot of interest. Me and two other people are in with deposits and it's only been a couple days!

These are 17x9 +45 CE28Ns in bronze. We'll see what happens with the strut clearance though, it's closer than I could've anticipated with the SSRs at the moment.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-17, 08:56 PM   #840
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Looks like I may be getting my dream wheels after all! KamiSpeed opened up the GB again, almost a year later to try again since there's been a lot of interest. Me and two other people are in with deposits and it's only been a couple days!

These are 17x9 +45 CE28Ns in bronze. We'll see what happens with the strut clearance though, it's closer than I could've anticipated with the SSRs at the moment.

I've been getting quite used to the Recaros in the ST. So much so that it has me reconsidering the seats in the STi. Maybe I'll be looking into new ones for next season. But I plan on finally getting to a trackday after a tune is pinned down.

Lately I've been thinking of what oil I'll be moving to once next season rolls around...car's been gone for only 2 weeks and I'm already thinking of next year. Gonna be a long winter....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement