GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 81 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 04-07-17, 02:01 PM   #801
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **It ran again, this time much better!!**

So, it seems things are a rollercoaster for me over the past year, but unfortunately I have some less than good news; not car-related.

This journal seems to be an outlet for me rather than doing the social media thing, so I don't really know where else to say it, but regretfully I have to say that I was laid off from my sysadmin job this past Tuesday. Leaving the whole story out of it, I was with the company for just under 8 years and it doesn't help my cynicism.

Really is a hit to my mind, but of course we have to keep on pushing forward, so I am researching job opportunities between here and Denver, so if I don't have much to post about the car, there's the reason. I still intend to get it on the road in a couple weeks, though.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-17, 02:19 PM   #802
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

That really sucks man. I hope you find something quickly. Maybe you'll get lucky and land an even better job! Optimism keeps me sane

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-08-17, 03:41 AM   #803
Foo_Blyat
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Foo_Blyat will become famous soon enough

My brother is a self employed system admin and finds clients left and right weekely. I helped him with his taxes and he grossed 230,000 last year all working remotely from home stoned out of his mind.

If that retard can find work, you should have no problem
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-17, 09:42 AM   #804
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reassurance guys.

Also, damn Foo, that's crazy.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-17, 10:18 AM   #805
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the job. Hope you'll find a new and better job soon. I doubt someone with your kind of experience would have to look for a job very long.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-17, 11:36 AM   #806
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Somebody drove their car yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 years. Awaiting logs.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-17, 02:48 PM   #807
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Got your logs. A few more than needed, however, I sent you a new map. You'll have to let me know more about your break-in plan, but I think you should go to the roll races with Matt so you can really break it in.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-17, 05:26 PM   #808
Matt,
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Matt, is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Got your logs. A few more than needed, however, I sent you a new map. You'll have to let me know more about your break-in plan, but I think you should go to the roll races with Matt so you can really break it in.
This.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-17, 03:02 AM   #809
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

FINALLY! Bout time you got some driving in

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-17, 06:26 PM   #810
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

As Jason so clearly eluded to, yes, I drove the car this past Saturday! It's crazy how long it's been. I was both excited and nervous to see what would happen. But it pretty much was drama-free other than I still have the lingering issue of the car not wanting to start right away after filling up at the pump. So that's annoying, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out.

First time it's been on the ground and out of the garage in almost 2 years:

The tunes are smooth, the engine runs smooth, and it sounds so damn amazing. So happy with the EWG(for now) and the Blitz Touring. There's so much turbo sound now with the intake and the like.

For some reason it took some effort getting the car into reverse and first gear, but driving around today was mostly effortless for first gear. The car always was notchy into first when it was cold, but went away when the trans would warm up, but that wasn't the case recently.

Matt was with me on Saturday and we put about 50 miles on it per IAG, then parked it home. There's still some weirdness at idle with fluctuations but I'm sure it'll be tuned out. Yesterday I changed out the oil and filter.

Obviously metals and debris from initial break-in and leftovers of the lube I used on the cams. The magnetic drain plug can only catch so much. There was a lot in the oil, I have yet to really look it over, but the first few quarts coming out were so damn gray from all the deposits. The filter caught a lot though too, but it can only do so much as well.

New map flashed today and drove again. I was concerned about oil pressure from the previous oil on Saturday, because I was super low at idle, but changing to the current oil I was at 10-18 idle depending on incline today; a little better.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement