GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 75 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 11-16-16, 02:46 PM   #741
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor is back in again**

That pic gets me everytime. Hehe.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-16, 09:09 AM   #742
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Sunday is the big day**

The Lisle no-spill funnel makes it impossible to have air bubbles in your cooling system unless you do something intentionally wrong. Mine is the best $25 I've ever spent on a tool. Heat on full blast, good to go.

I don't know what directions they gave you for priming the oiling system, but something Moore suggested that makes a HUGE difference is removing the oil filter during the initial cranking. As soon as oil gets to the filter feed, install the filter, then continue cranking. My oil pressure gauge isn't powered while cranking so I just crack the AVCS -AN line fitting open and wait until oil comes out. After that, you can fire it up. Don't be afraid to crank it for 10 seconds or so at a time.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-17-16, 11:08 AM   #743
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the tip on the funnel. I Prime'd one just a bit ago, so hopefully it shows up by then.

I wired my gauges to come on with accessory/on, so the pressure gauge will read at that point. I'll consider removing the filter, guess it can't hurt.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-16, 12:18 PM   #744
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

I thought I read that you already primed the oil pump? I installed mine dry and it was a biatch to get it to prime. I did what Kyle suggested, but had to remove the spark plugs as well to get the motor to crank fast enough and suck up the oil. If you already lubed the pump, it should suck it right up. Anyway, good luck! My IAG built short block has been good so far
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-17-16, 01:27 PM   #745
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I did, yes. However, I didn't take the seal plate off to pack it with grease. I just put oil in the feed/return channels, turned it upside down, then rotated the pump by hand several times to pull oil into the gears. Hopefully it worked and there's still a decent amount up in there.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-17-16, 02:51 PM   #746
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I wouldn't take the backing plate off the pump unless you were measuring it for service. I've poured assembly lube in a pump while turning it before, but I would not be so concerned again.

That said, gas pedal on the floor, cycle starter several times, release pedal, fire up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-20-16, 09:33 AM   #747
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, remember I said today was the day? Not happening.

Like the grand idiot I am, Thursday night I decided to attempt to extract the evap nipple off the intake manifold. Well, the nipple seized in the manifold over time and I while loosening it, it stripped out. I tried to tap it but the tap I borrowed was worn too much apparently. I don't think I have a way to fix this myself.

I ordered a new tap and steel hex cap plugs the same night, and they were supposed to be here yesterday. Amazon/USPS truly dropped the ball.

I was days away from starting the car. I am supremely fucked.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-20-16, 09:41 AM   #748
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

This is a really simple fix; don't stress so much about it.

Could always see if you can get one of these locally.

Next time, pull all your plugs and such before they dip it in acid prior powder coating.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-20-16, 09:46 AM   #749
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Ok, so I've seen those before, but I don't know what they're called to even start searching for them. Also, I don't even know what size I'd need and, will that hold in under increased manifold pressures?

I wish I knew that beforehand.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-24-16, 07:34 AM   #750
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

So whats the new ETA on startup?

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement