GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 67 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 08-01-16, 07:03 AM   #661
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor is comin' out again...coolant leaks...**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_05_STi View Post
It goes a lot faster the second time, for what that's worth. Keep at it!
Aye, that it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpokesmot View Post
i am right there with you. my 07 yz450 just got rebuilt last year for a grand total of $1800, i didnt cheap out, replaced every bearing and even cams and now is leaking oil and possibly burning oil again after 38 hours
Sounds like me, yeah. It seems when you disassemble something and put it back together the chance for things to leak goes up! Idk how factories do it so efficiently these days with low failure rates. Or maybe it's just bad luck. Or in my case maybe it's as simple as head surfaces.

I was gifted a copy of ATR yesterday by a certain tuner as well We'll see about getting it to work with my AP soon. I did more teardown over the weekend, just valve covers and valvetrain left til the heads are off.

Goddamnit.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 08-06-16 at 08:08 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-16, 08:14 PM   #662
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor is comin' out again...coolant leaks...**

Got the heads and components dropped off at UPS yesterday before we headed on the road to Denver.

I am so superstitious about my stuff arriving intact without damage. I packed the hell out of those packages, but I always worry too much about some asshole who mishandles people's shit - seems you always hear horror stories about the condition that things arrive in...

Goddamnit.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-16, 10:30 AM   #663
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor is out again...ugh...heads at IAG**

Been a while.

Colorado was a good time and good escape from the monotony that is Omaha. Got to hang with Jason for a while and saw his new place, which is awesome and has a nice chunk of property out in the quiet mountainscape. We also went to 3R Racing and I got to meet Rob, Chris, and Mark; all super-nice guys and totally unassuming - you'd never guess they're wheelmen. Was cool to shoot the shit with all of them and talk stories.

Seems IAG got my stuff and everything arrived with no damage, but have not heard back on anything done yet, I may ask on Friday. Everything is just sitting in the garage once again, still feeling like I'm never gonna drive it...

Goddamnit.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-16, 11:34 AM   #664
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of lightGot2Boostit2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor is out again...ugh...heads at IAG**

Some positives, the trip to Colorado at least.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-16, 06:34 PM   #665
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Glad you got to come hang out. The closing date is pushed back another 2 weeks as they haven't assigned anyone to appraise the house yet...

Yeah, Robert, Chris, and Mark are good people and always willing to lend a hand. That shop is a little bit faster paced than anything you'll see in Nebraska.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-16, 06:22 AM   #666
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Damn, more delays...what's new?

For sure, I can tell just by my short interactions with them. Knowing people like that is invaluable. And yeah, there's nothing like 3R here....sadly.

As for the car, [email protected] sent me these last night outta the blue:

Apparently the pitting in that last pic took 5 passes to remove! Waiting to hear back on how much the deck height changed as a result of that.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-16, 06:35 AM   #667
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

That looks solid

So, you might need to run a more beefy head gasket then?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-16, 07:01 AM   #668
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes, but that's what I had installed in the first place. I'll be getting a new set from IAG again since the old ones can't be reused.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-16, 07:58 AM   #669
Kyle_05_STi
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: twinscroll
My Subaru Parts for sale

Kyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura aboutKyle_05_STi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Image Link

Apparently the pitting in that last pic took 5 passes to remove! Waiting to hear back on how much the deck height changed as a result of that.
This tells all - the surface finish was too rough. In all honesty, it's a great thing that it leaked before you got the car running, it's easier to deal with. Glad to see it's a "simple," albeit costly (money and time) solution.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-16, 08:24 AM   #670
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

That pitting was there before the heads were even touched, however. I found that the first time I pulled everything apart. But yeah, easier to deal with. Just more time and $$$.

I'm hopeful to have it all back together quicker the second time around.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement