GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 57 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 05-09-16, 10:42 AM   #561
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Motor back and the build begins!**

Wow, glad it's corrected.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-16, 11:20 AM   #562
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Wow, glad it's corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Glad you got it fixed; sorry I couldn't be responsive this weekend.
Thanks guys, sooooo am I. No worries Jason, I know you're busy. I just hope we can get together some time before you mozy on outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Ideally, when rebuilding using a used block, you should chase all the threads prior to bolting things to it/together.
I get that....now. Close call.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-15-16, 01:50 PM   #563
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

I lost a lot of work time over the past week because I was sick and didn't have the energy to do anything. I hate losing valuable time and of course you never get sick when it's convenient.

I finally made it out there yesterday and did some more:

Although this is roughly what was attached when I pulled the motor, so I think I may put a few more things on and plan to put it back in soon. Or should I just keep going up to the accessories? I suppose it would be easier to put it all on rather than bending over the engine bay...
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-16, 08:21 PM   #564
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yet again I hit a hurdle.

With the top-feed fuel rails, the passenger side return line runs into the top of the AVCS banjo bolt, preventing the TGV from sitting down onto the head. You can see the gap between the TGV and the head is a few mm.

I'm out of ideas that I've gone over in my head. Not sure how people have gotten this to work in the past. This has me considering selling the top-feed parts and just sticking with side-feed stuff and going with bigger side-feed injectors.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-19-16 at 09:07 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-16, 08:53 PM   #565
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I've only done the WRX rail swap once, on CJ's car. Everything fit properly when I did it. That said, CJ got the rails from someone else and they were bent a little, so I bent them back. Are you able to bend them enough?

I am going to make a little time to stop by this weekend, but on a deal that I might be able to use some help moving some big stuff from the second floor downstairs. It's about the only way the wife is going to be okay with me going out and doing stuff like this right now.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-16, 09:00 PM   #566
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, these are '07 STi rails. From what I can tell via pics, they are the same as WRX rails. I have attempted to kink them, but I wasn't having much luck and decided to stop before I damaged anything.

I have very busy server maintenance at work on Saturday til who knows when, hopefully we're off by 5, so after I'm out of work I'm free. I'll text you. I'm also free all day Sunday too. Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. I don't mind helping you move shit.

I also got a Cobb APv3 today, so there's something cool.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-16, 09:29 PM   #567
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Now we just have to see what Cobb does about AccessTuner Race...

Accesstuner Race Updates

Accesstuner Race Updates - NASIOC

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-20-16, 05:11 AM   #568
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Wow, that's an interesting turn of events. Of course it happens right around the time I finally get an AP. The irony.... I really hope they don't lock end-users out and I hope I'd still be able to have you work on a tune for me at some point soon.

Not sure I agree with their standpoint on this. I mean I get wanting to "protect" your protuning network, but there seems to be some other motive here. When I read it at first, I thought 'oh cool, they're just taking it offline to work on the software', then I read more and became less excited.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-20-16, 08:20 AM   #569
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

It's all about money. We can tune via AEM EMS.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-20-16, 09:33 AM   #570
BootsJunkie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: '05 WRB STi
Fav Mod: JDM V8 seats
My Subaru Parts for sale

BootsJunkie will become famous soon enough

Since those look like composite TGV's, have you confirmed they're the same exact overall height as OEM?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement