GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 01-31-13, 07:12 PM   #21
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! read: sloooow progress **winter hibernation**

Wow, so I just looked and found out I made the 2013/14 member calendar!!! There are so many other really great photos and beautiful cars in there. Go buy one!

In the April set, I'm up in the right hand corner, with the side profile looking towards a curved road.

I feel so honored to be on there and helping to support the community! Such a cool feeling.

Onward towards spring....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 10:00 AM   #22
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! read: sloooow progress **winter hibernation**

Sold the Cusco camber plates since I've decided to go with Fortune Auto 510's with their own adjustable rear plates. They seem to get good reviews and they look like a setup I could benefit from, not to mention the warranty and craftsmanship! 8k/6k springs may be too rough for roads around here, but it's not my DD, so I think I can put up with it.

Also purchased some PnP and bead-blasted top-feed TGV deletes, since I will be converting in order to install the ID1000's later on down the line.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 02-01-13 at 10:33 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:29 AM   #23
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Damn, Ross is in need of some camber plates right now.

I agree, the road embarrassingly rough here. My KW's are sometimes too rough, although much nicer for comfort than anything else I've ever experienced in a WRX/STi.

Are you going to do the bump-steer and roll-center kit while you're at it?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 10:37 AM   #24
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Well crap, had I known that or posted on NebSub more often, I'm sure I would've sold them locally rather than go on NASIOC.

Yeah, there are even a bunch of potholes opening up right in my neighborhood. Hopefully they'll get patched up when it gets nice.

Actually, I had given it some thought. After all, lowering and decreasing camber angle will change the geometry. Roll centers help with correction of that, right? I didn't plan on lowering the car too much, maybe an inch in front, half inch in rear.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-07-13, 09:26 AM   #25
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Ok, so I found a real, brand new V-Limited lip for a price that I don't think anyone could pass up. I have been searching for one of these or something like it for quite a while now. Super pumped on this find. 2 more months til the nice season and going to the Wednesday night local meets!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-07-13, 10:16 AM   #26
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Well crap, had I known that or posted on NebSub more often, I'm sure I would've sold them locally rather than go on NASIOC.
I can see why you didn't post on NSOC, they're cheap-asses.

Quote:
Actually, I had given it some thought. After all, lowering and decreasing camber angle will change the geometry. Roll centers help with correction of that, right? I didn't plan on lowering the car too much, maybe an inch in front, half inch in rear.

The bring the roll center back to near stock geometry. This isn't an STi, but it should give a good explanation with pics. Roll Centers

I didn't lower my car nearly much at all. I put taller tires on and give it a nice, but useable look. Growing up in AZ and having been all over the country many times over, Omaha, NE has some of the worst roads I've ever been on, so I like to retain my suspension travel.

Quote:
Ok, so I found a real, brand new V-Limited lip for a price that I don't think anyone could pass up. I have been searching for one of these or something like it for quite a while now. Super pumped on this find. 2 more months til the nice season and going to the Wednesday night local meets!
Is it more than $80 shipped? Hate for it to turn into an authentic piece of trash.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-07-13, 10:30 AM   #27
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Ha, I'll keep that in mind!!

That's a great write-up, pretty close to what I was thinking! Yeah, the tires that I have ready to go on with the SSR's are 40's and the ones on my stockers are 45's, so it shouldn't be too different in height. When I get the FA 510's on, I'm going to lower it slightly. Like you said, a nice but usable look. Yeah our roads are indeed shit.

Yeah, it's definitely more than $80 shipped, but I'm going to drive consciously that it's there, so I'll be avoiding the usual hazards that would bust it up.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-14-13, 06:13 AM   #28
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Been looking at parts, watching videos, and reading lots of threads. Man, April can't come soon enough!!

Definitely going to a full exhaust straight away.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-17-13, 12:38 PM   #29
06STi Gary
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Methanol Injection
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

06STi Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! read: sloooow progress **winter hibernation**

Quote:
Been looking at parts, watching videos, and reading lots of threads. Man, April can't come soon enough!!

Definitely going to a full exhaust straight away.
Gt spec headers and uppipe for sale! Pm or text for info! Subscribed cause im curious to see how you build this now.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-17-13, 12:48 PM   #30
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Let me know when you're ready to do some work on your car. I can lend a hand on stuff as I like to have "tech days" every now and again. Your car is clean enough that I don't mind putting some physical work into.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement