GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 05-09-14, 08:22 AM   #181
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **back on the road!**

I was expecting you to be driving this now... Not taking it apart!

I plan to take the S2000 out this weekend. It'll be a change from my big ass truck.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-14, 02:16 PM   #182
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Haha, you would think, right?! Once I get my headlights back on I'll be driving it more for sure.

It will be a welcome change though. Light and low as opposed to high and heavy. If you come out this way, feel free to drop by.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-13-14, 07:36 PM   #183
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

So I got a hold of OptionsAuto again yesterday and they said that they picked up my exhaust from the port last Friday and that it's supposed to be coming to me soon! All I can say is FINALLY! Once it comes in, I will be placing an order for a bunch of parts, so that's always fun.

Also sent out my headlights to Lightwerkz today, I have faith they will do a good job.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-14, 09:16 AM   #184
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Holy cow, I got my damn Blitz CBE yesterday.....after 7 months...what a trip.*grumbling*

Seriously though, I'm pretty happy about it, it really is perfect for my car and can't really imagine anything else going on 'er. It's tasteful and sounds amazing from what I've seen in videos and I'm excited to hear it in person eventually. I know it will be perfect and will get slightly louder which is all I'm looking for. It's no Spec R and I like it that way!

On a related note, there is quite a big difference from the first one I received and the one I got yesterday, really noticeable. Like I said before, I still maintain that I got an older one the first time, or rather one that was early in the production line. This new one's metalwork and finish is cleaner overall, cleaner welds(not bent of course!), and it looks more fresh if that makes sense. Also, the box was not torn to absolute shreds....

Next at the top of the list of parts is the downpipe naturally. Since I'll be going hybrid and EWG, it will be a catless and bellmouth of course, and I have a couple choices of brands. The thing is, I'm kind of surprised at the small amount of brands(not counting Invidia) that offer something here. Most seem to be catted and/or divorced. I can see why though, since most customers live in strict emissions-controlled states. I will NOT be welding my IWG, but rather going with a bracket instead. I would think that the bracket wouldn't be prone to failure really at all.

This led me to think....is there a reason why welding the IWG is so common? I mean, a $20 bracket should be cheaper than paying someone weld an IWG, right? Let alone decreasing the value of the turbo if you ever wish to sell it....I see welded turbos all the time on FS forums.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-16-14 at 11:25 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-14, 11:20 AM   #185
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I bought a bracket for mine, before they started making universal ones, and it didn't fit. Instead of wasting more time, I had a buddy weld it up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-14, 11:29 AM   #186
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Interesting note there, I guess it's true yeah, the Grimmspeed bracket didn't always exist
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-14, 11:44 AM   #187
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I also have a different turbo and the GS 20G bracket was for an older Blouch housing. I received one of the newer compressor housings (at the time) and it just wouldn't work. Now it's much easier with the universal brackets.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-16-14, 03:36 PM   #188
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

For a couple if turbos, I just made a bracket. Took about an hour each, personally I don't agree with welding, but that is me.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-17-14, 11:18 AM   #189
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

True, you are using a different turbo, I guess you've had it longer than I thought...but yeah universal now helps.

Fabbing skills, yo. Wish I had 'em.

Lightwerkz emailed me today with a couple pictures of my headlights; they look great! I'm anxious to see the lenses in person. They were in pretty okay shape to begin with, but they still had some light scuffs and hairlines. Now they should be really clean from a professional polishing!

Caesar said that when he first opened the box and inspected them, he thought they were new! After all, they get a LOT of crummy housings and lenses to refinish.

Like a bonehead though, I forgot to tell them one detail(always something, right?!) - I wanted them to leave the amber piece in the parking lights, but they thought I wanted everything removed. To reopen them would mean redoing the job. Not their fault, I'm just annoyed at myself for forgetting, UGH! Ah well, the only thing I can do is find some amber replacement bulbs, but some stores around here only carry clears, just a slight annoyance.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-17-14 at 12:36 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-25-14, 11:25 AM   #190
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got my headlights back and put on, they look pretty good. I will take some pics and post them showing the bulbs as well once they are adjusted properly.

Spent the past couple days pulling out some scratches in my hood because my friend's frickin' indoor/outdoor cat walked all over it while we were hanging out a few nights ago, out of all the cars there. Walked outside to casually look at the car and noticed a dark strip from the front of the hood to the flat top of the bumper just above the license plate mounts. Cat was sitting under his truck next to the car just watching me like nothing happened. It was getting dark out and I realized it wasn't coming off with detail spray/microfiber. I was thoroughly annoyed, but what am I gonna do? Can't yell at my friends over it. Got home under different lighting later on to see the paw prints up the passenger side of the windshield.

My shitty luck.....at least it's been corrected.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement