GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 18 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 03-04-14, 03:29 PM   #171
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

^What he said, camel. I did get them from a member here(Blackout713). You can PM him to see what he has left, since he has massive partouts all the time, or you can go the route that Jason said above. Either way will work.

I'm really jonesing for my CBE....damnit.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-14, 09:21 AM   #172
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

Cool, thanks. Looks like I have a used parts source.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-14, 10:59 AM   #173
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Good to hear, we all need that, that's for sure!

So I happened across this thread here for a set of lovely Gram Lights 57 Optimise for a decent price. I always have liked most GL designs and this one is a favorite. What do you guys think of WRB on these?? I'm a freakin' sucker for wheels...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-14, 01:07 PM   #174
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Here's a small gripe:
So I call up the Blitz importer a couple weeks ago for a status update, they tell me to call that following Monday so they have a couple days to hear from Japan on where it is, because it was already supposed to be here. So I call the following Monday, only for them to tell me it hasn't even left Japan yet! I mean wtf?! Am I unreasonable?

So now they tell me early April is when I should see it. Good grief....I have bad luck.

Also they tell me I'm the only one who's reported a damaged Blitz exhaust since they started importing....I somehow doubt that.

Got my fuel hose and clamps, so I'm set for fueling as far as that goes. Gonna be ordering up suspension and exhaust components soon. I know I keep saying that, but it's happening for sure! Just gotta price everything out.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-14, 07:04 AM   #175
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'll be getting the car out next Thursday, I can't wait!

I still have not gotten my exhaust from Japan yet, so I'm getting a little upset at how long this has taken. Sent out a couple emails, so now just waiting to hear back. What a pain in the ass this has been...

My basement flooded a few weeks ago so I've been trying to recover everything and get my house back in order. I'm still in that process and luckily none of the parts got ruined, but some original Subaru documentation and booklets that I got from another member on here saw water damage....ugh.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-14, 07:31 AM   #176
RecceRS
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Privacy
My Subaru Parts for sale

RecceRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
My basement flooded a few weeks ago so I've been trying to recover everything and get my house back in order. I'm still in that process and luckily none of the parts got ruined, but some original Subaru documentation and booklets that I got from another member on here saw water damage....ugh.
Darned spring time, 'eh?

I believe that Nigel can sympathize with you since he recently got his garage flooded by thaw and a dumb neighbor...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-12-14, 12:16 PM   #177
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, seems like the "perfect time" to find leaks, yay!

I didn't know Nigel had the same happen to him. I'll have to ask him about that.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-14, 02:51 PM   #178
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **back on the road!**

Finally! And would'ja look at that...a picture update too!

So I went and got the car yesterday. Some preliminary checks, pulled fuse, primed and started right up. Ran it around for a bit to warm 'er up; all seems in order and up to par. Will be checking for leaks once I get home today. Fuel seems to have stayed in tact mostly which is good, no shuddering idle or running, but I would still like to burn this tank and get some new fuel in.

Still waiting on my Blitz CBE of course, but once that comes in, I will be ordering a pile of parts and arranging for a couple tunes, including E85 in the coming months with a certain someone

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 04-18-14 at 02:57 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-25-14, 08:27 AM   #179
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

So aside from other leaky things(razzlefrackin' *!%#*# basement!), seems I've developed what looks like the slowest leak in history from the metal washer in between the GReddy drain plug and the outlet for the drain on the oil pan. While in storage, I had the obvious cardboard on the floor underneath, which showed no signs of leaks. Also checked the aero tray for oil residue and it shows nothing as well.

Which leads me to believe the one oil drop I saw hanging there accumulated over a long time. I will try tightening the drain plug, but I believe when Jaz and I changed the oil last summer, we got it on snug enough, but then again, things loosen up. I'm just always way too cautious of stripping things.

**Another update on the exhaust -I know I know, still not here, what's new?!- but the last couple times I called the importer, the guy I talked to -Henry- would always sort of give me vague answers to my questions and it seemed like he didn't really know who I was/my situation and would try to deflect my questions. Well, fast forward to last week when I call them, get Henry again -oh joy.- and once again treated to misinformation of sorts.

After figuring out who I was, he put me on hold, and after a while I was transferred to Jasper, the person who was helping me out in the beginning!(I had forgot his name, so I guess that's my fault and each time I called back, was told when my J-name guesses were wrong, "We don't have anyone by that name here.") I was thinking "Finally! I've been trying to find you!" SO, he assured me it was ordered and what he told me was that it's on the water and on it's way, so it should be here in the next couple weeks!

.....but yeah right of course, I'll believe it when I get that phone call or when I sign for it personally, it's been six months now.... :\

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 04-25-14 at 08:53 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-03-14, 06:11 AM   #180
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I have my headlights off and ready to send to Lightwerkz for a lens clear and refurbish, with amber removal. Aside from engine teardown/machining(of course), this is the one thing I really don't trust myself to do. I know I could just bake 'em and save money, but I'm really apprehensive about the whole process - I don't got the guts!. I am just waiting for my Philips 85126XV Xtreme Vision bulbs to arrive from Europe, then they'll be sent off.

Also received a couple Autometer SportComp II digital gauges - boost/vac and oil pressure. I was told the WRXtra pod that I have was made for Autometer 52mm gauges, and the test fit pretty much confirmed that. Just need an AFR, but damn they are expensive, or at least the one I want is.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-09-14 at 02:11 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement