GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 17 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 01-17-14, 09:02 AM   #161
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

^^I did, which by the way, thanks again! That was a heck of a deal. I'm a little closer to getting to where I want the car to be.

I guess I was part of a larger group buy than I originally thought! Can't wait for the new season.

For those wondering, I picked up a set of ID1000's for a price too good to pass up. Always nice to save money.

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 02-08-14 at 11:30 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-14, 02:17 PM   #162
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

Well, to those following, still not much on this front. Haven't heard any updates about my CBE, so I assume it's still on the boat from Japan. I'm eager to get it. I just hope it's not damaged. Good grief.

As an aside, I FINALLY finished school with my BS in Systems and Network Administration, so I'm pretty proud and relieved. I've been in school pretty much non-stop since I was a wee lad, so it's gonna take a while to get adjusted to all this free time. I will now have time and funds to put into my car; no distractions!!.....well except for the lady friend, but she doesn't know I said that.

In the next few weeks, I will placing orders for a bunch of new suspension components, including the Fortune Auto 500's I've had my eye on for over a year and the rest of the exhaust bits as well as the EWG. Just sucks I can't do any work through winter....ugh....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-08-14, 04:47 AM   #163
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

You'll love the FA coilovers. Great suspension for the money
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-14, 11:27 AM   #164
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I hope so, I've had my eye on them for some time, and it's nice to see they have a revised 5th version out. After reading some threads recently about their progress as a company, I feel confident they will suit my needs for a while. I just hope I don't have much noise issue with them.

I'm debating whether or not to go with the Swift and rear camber plate upgrade though, as I only plan to track it once in a while. Do you have those upgrades? I don't remember seeing that in your journal.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-08-14, 06:51 PM   #165
willub
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: blouch 1.5 xtr!
My Subaru Parts for sale

willub will become famous soon enough

I have the rear camber plates and sealed radial bearings to reduce spring bind (may come standard on v5?). I didn't bother with the swift springs as I knew my spring rates were going to change. Mine make next to no noise. The only time I hear anything is when I'm near lock and it's just a light "moan". Mine ride really well for the rates (10k/8k)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-09-14, 07:20 AM   #166
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Interesting choice of spring rates, I think that would be too harsh for the roads where I am though. I was going to go with the radials as well and they look like a huge improvement over the roller bearings that are offered, as those seem like they need a regular check-up. I think people were having a lot of noise issues simply because they weren't using enough lube in the right places.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-22-14, 12:07 PM   #167
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Small update:
My Blitz exhaust is due at the supplier sometime next week! So, I'm expecting it in two. OptionsAuto.com is the sole supplier for Blitz products in the USA is what I recently found out. I'm eager to get it, let's just say.

Today purchased a set of composite TGVs from user bue car for a good price. I'm having a hard time finding WRX fuel lines and OEM FPR for sale on both forums as was recommended to me though. Not exactly sure why...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-03-14, 01:34 PM   #168
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Small update: finally found some OEM top-feed rails, lines, and FPR! These are off an 07 STi. Little by little....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-04-14, 11:56 AM   #169
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
Small update: finally found some OEM top-feed rails, lines, and FPR! These are off an 07 STi. Little by little....
If you don't mind, what was your source? I could use the same things.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-04-14, 12:26 PM   #170
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure he bought them off a member here who upgraded.

If you're looking at buying new, you could get the part numbers off www.opposedforces.com and then find out the cost at https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement