GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed** - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**

Old 08-06-13, 11:00 AM   #151
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - slow progress **lookin' subtle and aggressive**

Nice......BoD

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-13, 08:01 PM   #152
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - slow progress **nice weather, 'bout time!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOBeefdip View Post
I'll do you one better; here's a linky:
Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister and Accessories

Finally got around to buying this today, however, I bought the dual filtration setup. Looking forward to using it!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-09-13, 10:41 AM   #153
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - slow progress **lookin' subtle and aggressive**

Let me know how you like it! Should be pretty effective with two filters for sure.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-13, 12:43 PM   #154
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough

Wow, so it's been a long time since I've updated this....time just got away from me. I know this isn't the most exciting journal ever...

Anyway, summer is almost over and I really haven't gotten out much in the last month with the car, just kind of slowing down for the season; I know, sad. I have some things coming up soon financially, so I kind of have to slow it down on parts for now, but I will update when I get anything new. So for this year, not looking at making any major purchases. Next year will be a different story since I will be done with classes by then and that will give me more money in my pocket. I will be taking some photos so I can submit them for next year's calendar, so if anyone has any ideas or requests, let me know! Maybe I'll get some put together and get a vote going for the top three!

Thanks for following!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-20-13, 11:00 AM   #155
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

Well everyone who's been "following"(because there's hardly any updates on my front), it seems as though it's that time of year again, the cool fall breeze, leaves changing color, trees turning into giant twigs......aaaaaannnnd the car is set aside in storage. I'm already having withdrawals!

Looking back on 2013, it was a mildly eventful year for the car and saw some notable changes. Nothing incredibly major, just some maintenance(thanks again Jaz!) and some small visual changes. I learned a great deal more about the car too, which is always good. The local car shows were interesting to be a part of. My school career is wrapping up shortly here(finally), so I'll have some more funds to play with. The trip to Ireland this next week didn't help either!

I will be ordering the Blitz Touring CBE system shortly, and then slowly getting parts over the winter in preparation for my goals for next year. So looking forward to next year, I plan on tackling that with a full exhaust, EWG'd, fuel system upgrades, most likely E85, and a tune of course, as well as coilovers and other suspension bits. I will still be posting here naturally, when there are updates and advice is sought after.

So, for now, I'll leave you with some of the photos I took for the calendar(hopefully I get on there again!):

See you, Subie cowboy....
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-13, 04:26 PM   #156
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **sleeping, on the long road to spring**

Finally have a power mod update:

I ordered my Blitz exhaust!! Yay! She's gonna be a beaut!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-24-13, 05:50 AM   #157
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

So I got the exhaust a week ago and recently checked everything over. The box was quite torn up unfortunately, however I don't think it was from shipping, I just think whoever drop shipped it was sitting on this for a while. Also the two hanger mounts on the muffler are bent.

I emailed Cygnus Performance(this isn't their fault btw!) to see what they can do for me as far as a return for a better one. This is kind of a bummer since I just got this and haven't even used it. Oh, and let's not forget it wasn't cheap either. I'm a name-brand fiend.

Here are some pics:

Let me just say that the welds are pretty nice, especially the machined ones. The finish is superb and you can tell there is quality all around. I'm just disappointed that mine isn't perfect. Obviously I can't post a review 'til next season of sound and fit, but you get the idea. Everything feels really solid in these pieces.

Below is the flange that meets up to the DP. Contrary to what others are saying, this is not a 2.5" taper, but instead it is 2.8". I originally was going to have a local shop cut this part out and replace it with a SS 3" portion.
I have since changed my mind as a) I don't believe there will be any noticeable restriction in .2" difference of diameter and b) I just don't want to hack up this gorgeous piece!

Onto the business end:

The last three pics show the bent hanger mounts, and the middle one shows the angle of distortion, as the pic was taken directly above the muffler.

There's a physical dent in the muffler at each weld spot from bending inward. Not cool.

People could say "Well why don't you just hammer it back into place?!" Well, I don't want to break the welds or anything. "Then just apply heat to it!!" I don't want to ruin the finish.

The mounts are supposed to be parallel to the ground by the way...woops!

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-16-14 at 11:37 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-13, 11:02 AM   #158
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Again, it's been a while since I've been in here, but an update on the exhaust trouble:

After a long email conversation with Geoff @ Cygnus, it looks like I will be getting a replacement directly from Japan which may take up to two months to get to me since I was told I was the only one in the country with a brand new Spec Touring on his hands. Pretty cool, I think! That just makes it more "special" for my case! I'm not worried at all about the delivery time since the car is in storage. FedEx came to reclaim it this past Thursday, so now we play the waiting game.

I will say I am a bit concerned about the replacement though, seeing as how there was basically no damage protection packaging in the box I got. I hope and have faith that Blitz Japan actually packs their exhausts with better care, so I'm chalking this up to the distributor/FedEx for the lack of decent packaging/courier damage. I could tell that the distributor had been sitting on this piece for a while and that they probably threw out some of the original packing contents long ago. Anyone out there with a Blitz system that can chime in on this? How was yours delivered? 06STi_Gary, any details?

Again, Geoff @ Cygnus has been nothing but a great help and it's nice to know he treats his customers this way. I can say I will go back to him in the future!

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 05-16-14 at 11:34 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-13, 02:42 PM   #159
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

So a small update:

Got some Impreza-themed stuff for the holidays from the family:

First up a white text on black shirt that has the STi logo on it and reads: "Yes it is fast, No you can't drive it", which I thought was pretty funny, because everyone around here knows I'm pretty protective of it.

Next,(and I think this is pretty cool) is a book of all the articles that AutoCar magazine has written on the Impreza from '94 on up to a few years ago. Some pics below(and of course I had to flip to my favorite section since I'm so biased!):

Pretty neat, eh?

And last but not least, the girlfriend who swore she'd never do it, got me some car parts! I was shocked to say the least! She got me a fitting kit for the Cobb EBCS I'm ordering soon and a KillerB oil baffle. Nothing big, but it's a start right? Now I just need the KB pickup tube! Thanks again, love!

Lately, I've just been planning what to go with for the "build" and mulling it all over in my head. No updates on the CBE though yet.

Happy Holidays, IW!
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 01-17-14, 08:26 AM   #160
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Somebody got some new goodies...

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement