GD: 02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project
02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: 02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project

Old 05-21-12, 08:32 AM   #1
Zuqq
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Zuqq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project

Just copied and pasted this over from my journal at the Toronto Subaru Club, and it is also at RS25. I've recently decided that in the long term, I will be building this car to compete at various hill climb events. No, I have not even started that journey yet. But, I have my eyes set on a goal now and with work starting to come in a little more steady, and with a bit of my schooling behind me (only 1 more year to go...) it is slowly becoming more then just a dream.

Swap in progress!
Just wanted to start a journal to keep personal track of where I started and where I hopefully will go, as well as to "show off" my progress. (And keep track of parts to order!)

When I bought her:

List of stuff:

Suspension:
JIC FLT-A2 (400lb/inch all around)
Cusco F Strut Bar
Cusco R Strut Bar

Exterier:
Kaminari Carbon Wing with Adjustable Blade
WRX Hood w/ Carbon Scoop
Headlights
Custom dents and holes!

Interier:
Momo steering wheel
4x Infinity Kappa 6.5"
2x Alpine Type E 12" Subs
1x JL Audio 750rms mono amp
1x Fusion Audio 800rms 3-channel amp
Partially stripped (in the process of removing a shit ton)

Engine / Tranny / Etc
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
Currently swapping in a 2002 EJ205 - Cant wait to finally be among the turbo Subies

Attached Thumbnails
02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project-2012-05-131747-png  

Last edited by Zuqq; 03-31-13 at 02:36 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-12, 08:33 AM   #2
Zuqq
Active Participant

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 02 Subaru 2.5 RS - Long Term Project

Alright well it's been awhile so... Where am I..

Well, due to some shafty whether awhile back, I ended up needing to get headlights before anything. So, off to the races to look for a nice, decently priced set of headlights. After calling around a few shops and getting quotes at around 265$ PER OEM headlight, I decided to take a different route. Althought many people complain about eBay quality parts, I cannot complain so far. I got a set of headlights, and everything needed to install them and go (lights, wires, etc) for 350ish plus shipping. They work absolutely mint!

I seafoamed my car recently, and WOW. What an amazing product for only 13$. I am definitely a fanboy now and will be using the product on any car I own from now on..

Video located (NSFW - swearing, also very loud for some reason so turn down :P): Subaru Sea Foam - YouTube

Last edited by Zuqq; 03-31-13 at 02:28 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-12, 08:33 AM   #3
Zuqq
Active Participant

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Today was a fairly productive day for the amount of time I had. Replaced the valve cover gasket and spark plug grommets on the passenger side, going to get to the driver side as soon as I have time. Cleaned the throttle body, intake, filter, etc. Vacuumed the engine bay a little bit to clean it up. And I wanted to clean up the ass end a bit so I debadged the car except for the "subaru".

Pic:

Finally get some steady work so I should be updating more often with more interesting updates... And I need to remember to take pics! I will try and get some of the driver side when I do the gaskets
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-12, 06:28 AM   #4
Zuqq
Active Participant

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Well, its been a pretty productive week so far...

Today I did the gaskets for the driver side valve cover and spark plugs. The old gaskets were shot. Cleaned the valve covers up, really cleaned up some misc bits in the engine bay and cleaned the whole engine bay, and painted some parts too! It looks a lot better now...

And heres some pictures:

Oh and just for kicks - my old O2 sensor picture I've been meaning to post up. Notice the heat score.

Last edited by Zuqq; 03-31-13 at 02:29 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-31-13, 02:34 PM   #5
Zuqq
Active Participant

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I know I don't update here often but between all the other Subaru forums it slipped my mind that I even had a journal on here!

About 3 weeks ago I spun a rod bearing and my 2.5 passed on. I was hoping to make it to mid summer and start an STI swap, but being as it happened in March my swap fund wasn't quite where it needed to be for a full STI swap. Since I need a car for school, and more importantly work, I decided to pull the trigger on a WRX swap. (No way in hell I was going n/a again!). So I picked up an 02 WRX longblock with accessories.

I've never done anything really intensive on my car, but I have a passion to learn. I've been reading and reading about Subarus non-stop since I bought mine and feel a bit more comfortable around my engine. But reading never substitutes hands on learning, so this is my opportunity. I'm tackling the swap at my brothers shop, but without his help (unless I reeeaallllyyy need it lol). So I have access to all the tools I need. My brothers shop is located just over an hour away from me, so I only get to work on it on the weekends. The first weekend was spent picking up the engine and tucking it away.

Unfortunately my camera was only working intermittently so some of the photos were taken on my phone.

Here is the whole package I bought:

Bringing it into the shop:

Strating the stripping:

Next weekends goal:
- Rip out the rest of the interior, and rip out the bulk harness. Prep the new harness and hopefully lay it out.
- Yank the engine out (just need to disconnect the fuel lines and injectors and shes pretty much good to go), clean up the engine bay, flat black rattle-can it, and decide what Im tossing, what Im keeping, and what Im selling!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement