GD: Tony's STI || IAG - APR - S204 Goodies | Break in commence - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Tony's STI || IAG - APR - S204 Goodies | Break in commence
Tony's STI || IAG - APR - S204 Goodies | Break in commence
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Tony's STI || IAG - APR - S204 Goodies | Break in commence

Old 08-31-14, 08:25 AM   #101
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro
My Subaru Parts for sale

TonyT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re: Tony's STI || Team Orange + Personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan9999 View Post
May I make a suggestion? Either remove that plate completely, or put it where it was designed to be.

You aren't doing the front-end of your car any favors by having it wrapped around the bumper
Haha. Its temporary. New bumper soon hopefully.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-14, 06:47 PM   #102
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tony's STI || APR | Team Orange | Recaro

Some carbon
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-17-14, 06:36 AM   #103
antonionewton1808
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

antonionewton1808 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude nice story. My favorite model of the sti's is the 2004. It's nice too see that even with all of these new cars lately that there are still sti people. Subaru for the win!!!!!!!!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-14, 06:36 PM   #104
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Installed those today, ( TiC 6 Speed Pivot Bushings)

Not a major differences in terms of feel. Took about 20m to install. Side to side and up and down has been reduced, But when in gear any sloppiness still doesn't feel like there any change there.

Also installed my the STI shift knob. Bought it because Perrin one got annoying cold in winter due to the metal construction. I can't really compare the 2 knobs since they are pretty much different styles. Perrin was slightly wider than the threads and the STI is closer to stock. Both feels very nice in my hands. I wish there was slim durcon knob. I love the shape of the Perrin hated the material.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-14-14, 08:41 PM   #105
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Retro Fitting Cruise control onto my WorksBell Hub and Quick Release, With Minimal modifications.

It is possible, I did it over the weekend. I ran into an issue though.

I pulled the stock stalk from the stock steering wheel. Easy peasy. Found a spot where I could easily mounted it with ease. About 4:30 - 5 ol clock on the short hub. Test fitted with zip ties. Issue #1
Horn connector is different. Stock one is too small to mate up with the quick release one. So I had to snip and solder the WB horn connector on. Easy fix. 10m Max.
The air bag wiring and horn all fit snug. But it fits. Obviously i'm going to have to cut the black cover that goes over the short hub a bit. So it'll actually go over the cruise control stalk.

Everything was perfect. One last test.

Issue #2 Getting in and out of the car. I have Recaro Profi's in the car. Fixed buckets and bolted to the floor. Getting out isn't an issue. But when i'm entering the car. My knee hits stalk and pushes against it on "restore" This normally wouldn't be a problem but, I don't wanna risk breaking off the stalk after constant going in and out of the car. So I just said no, and gave up on it. For now at least.

So it is possible depending on what your setup is. If you had stock seats I think you should be able to clear without touching stalk. It doesn't go past the base of the steering column. But the way you get into the bucket seats in my car. Sliding your knee will push against it.

Sorry no pics. Wasn't going to do a small write up on it. But decided to about 5 minutes ago.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-21-15, 11:48 AM   #106
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tony's STI || Recaro + HKS + Team Orange

With approximately 67114 Miles on the clock.. I decided it was time to install my coils. So pumped. No more 4x4 struts.

I haven't gotten the chance to get an alignment yet, Got an appointment booked on monday. Max out camber.. Should only be 1.48 degrees and zero out toe all around. Nothing special. I would go lower but I enjoy driving hard and fast. I don't wanna worry about dodging a pot hole. Function follows form! Haha

Dropped 1.3' in the front(33mm) and .47" in the rear(12mm)

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-15, 02:09 PM   #107
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tony's STI || Recaro + HKS + Team Orange

Got my alignment done.

Considering I don't have any adjustability in the rear. Not bad. All I wanted was zero toe.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-15-15, 05:02 PM   #108
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tony's STI || Misfiring 4 :(

Well the day has come!

My motor is now a paperweight. Or is it?

Driving on my way back from work, About 10 minutes out. 7Kms my car threw me a code and dash lit up. Pulled over and read the code. P0304.

Mis fire cylinder 4.

Can't say i'm surprised. Limped it home knowing that i'm going to need a short block.

Pulled into the garage. No knocks. Or least not any audible ones. Idling super rough, No smoke. Shut my car and cat was smoking.

Checked my oil, dipstick was normal, not glittery. Oil level were normal. (within spec. just under F mark)

Pulled the timing to see if it got any visible marking nope. I took a closer look. Noticed the timing belt marks are way off the Cam pulley marks. Was off by about 4 teeth.

Tear down begins.

Going to drain oil, and pulling my timing belt tomorrow to see if it was any pulley's thats seized that caused my belt to jump

If all is well. Going to see if it's a coilpack or spark that's causing the mis.

Timing belt hasn't been done or least hasn't been done to my knowledge. Belt has almost no play. 1/8" to 1/4" max. No cracks and no excess wear from just looking at it.

I'm praying I didn't bend any valves from driving it those extra KMs

Mileage: 79 275 MI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-15-15, 05:39 PM   #109
Deerisftw
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 06 CGM STI
Fav Mod: Yellow Prova convex mirrors
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Deerisftw is an unknown quantity at this point

Found you haha. Very nice car man! I just hit the last two pages aaand..

- That tanabe gauge is SHARP
- as are the coils
- and the hub lol

Also I think you might be calling the tear down a little early. The marks on your timing belt won't line up with the marks on the pulleys if you just shut the engine off, you've got to find that spot to remove/reinstall. Pull the sparkplug for cyl 4 and see how it looks. Perhaps swap coil pack from cyl 2 to see if your misfire follows the pack. What's the P1574 code from though? Key comm. failure.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-15-15, 06:49 PM   #110
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerisftw View Post
Found you haha. Very nice car man! I just hit the last two pages aaand..

- That tanabe gauge is SHARP
- as are the coils
- and the hub lol

Also I think you might be calling the tear down a little early. The marks on your timing belt won't line up with the marks on the pulleys if you just shut the engine off, you've got to find that spot to remove/reinstall. Pull the sparkplug for cyl 4 and see how it looks. Perhaps swap coil pack from cyl 2 to see if your misfire follows the pack. What's the P1574 code from though? Key comm. failure.
thank you! I love that tanabe gauge. Planning on picking up an AFR one

cyl 4

looks fairly normal to me. i'll switch the coil pack next.

sometimes i use my blue ti sti key. imb kills the car if it does detect the chip.

Edit:

Moved coil pack from cyl 4 to 1. ECU reset from the battery being disconnected. Misfire 3 now. So it isn't coilpacks. Or sparks. Hmm

Last edited by TonyT; 07-15-15 at 07:42 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement