project Hsicks - ordered; work mco racing type cs monster 11 inchers - last pg - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
project Hsicks - ordered; work mco racing type cs monster 11 inchers - last pg
project Hsicks - ordered; work mco racing type cs monster 11 inchers - last pg
Go Back   STI Forums > > > project Hsicks - ordered; work mco racing type cs monster 11 inchers - last pg

Old 04-30-05, 01:44 PM   #31
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: $20. mudflaps from auto zone
My Subaru Parts for sale

Neanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah14
love the "rumble" pack reference. Talk about a "tell" for your age group ;-)
...and i was so proud of myself for knowing what a rumble pack is.
(what do you mean by my age group?)

stupid bruce tricks:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-05, 03:57 PM   #32
sachin
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 04 STi
Fav Mod: 2008 Sti
My Subaru Parts for sale

sachin is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your fuel system is going to be taxed with only 1 walbro pump and with 850cc injectors if you are shooting for 600whp. You'll probably need injectors larger than 850cc(if you are going to hit 600whp...). Personally I wouldn't even try 500whp with only 1 pump...if you take a look Kingpin's 513whp car used 2 walbro pumps. Also, the pump assembly differs from 04 to 05(having an 04 you have the less ideal fuel system). If I recall correctly you'll start to lose fuel pressure around 460whp. Another concern you might have is that the Perrin lines might be too small--but this is just speculation from my end. A friend of mine with over 500whp in his wrx said the perrin rails were too small for him and instead went with custom fuel rails. Considering you're spending a lot of money with Phil and Quirt I would ask them what their opinions are. Axis has a fuel system they designed(http://axispowerracing.net/fuelsystem.html) that might fit your needs(although I think you'll still need dual walbros). Also, Phil's kit isn't a GT35R. It has a 65lb compressor wheel...but is not a GT35R(going by his words, not mine).

Once/if you ask them come back and let us know what they have to say about it. I'm curious myself.

Last edited by sachin; 04-30-05 at 06:14 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-05, 06:52 PM   #33
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"

My Subaru Parts for sale

Neanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin
I think your fuel system is going to be taxed with only 1 walbro pump and with 850cc injectors if you are shooting for 600whp. You'll probably need injectors larger than 850cc. Personally I wouldn't even try 500whp with only 1 pump...if you take a look Kingpin's 513whp car used 2 walbro pumps. Also, the pump assembly differs from 04 to 05(having an 04 you have the less ideal fuel system). If I recall correctly you'll start to lose fuel pressure around 460whp. Another concern you might have is that the Perrin lines might be too small--but this is just speculation from my end. A friend of mine with over 500whp in his wrx said the perrin rails were too small for him and instead went with custom fuel rails. Considering you're spending a lot of money with Phil and Quirt I would ask them what their opinions are. Axis has a fuel system they designed(http://axispowerracing.net/fuelsystem.html) that might fit your needs(although I think you'll still need dual walbros).
thanks for weighing in, sachin.

phil and i haven't discussed all the fine details yet, including fuel pump selection. we did discuss 850cc injectors but who knows what he'll settle on.
i am relying on phil exclusively when it comes to final supporting mods, fuel or otherwise.

here's the thread on nasioc. i'm assuming youve been referencing it. everyone else may want to check out:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&page=1&pp=25

it sounds like he's going to try out 1000cc injectors. phil was able to make 534 hp on the stock fuel rails with 816cc injectors on his (2.5l long block) time attack car and he expressed confidence that one pump was sufficient. whether that continues to hold true by the time it's on my car remains to be seen.

Quote:
Also, Phil's kit isn't a GT35R. It has a 65lb compressor wheel...but is not a GT35R(going by his words, not mine).
yeah, youre not the first person to raise the inconsistancy and the above thread doesn't help much. he and i had a pretty detailed discussion about the gt35r by e-mail and over the phone last month. quirt had suggested the gt30r and phil (and mike at kingpin) sold me on the gt35r. as you can see from the nasioc thread, phil is being very protective about releasing the actual details of the kit and everything associated with it.

whatever the hell it is, one thing is for sure. on a 2.6l stroker with wi it's going to be pretty cool.

stupid bruce tricks:

Last edited by Neanderthal Racing; 04-30-05 at 07:42 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-05, 11:31 PM   #34
sachin
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 04 STi
Fav Mod: 2008 Sti
My Subaru Parts for sale

sachin is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha actually I hadn't read that thread when I posted...but most tuners usually make the same remarks about IDCs, MAF voltages, AFR, fuel pressure, along with the obligatory dyno graph whenever they make a thread in proven power bragging so I'm not exactly shocked that he covered all of my points. When building my car I read all the big HP car threads at the time to see what was going on...so I'm familiar with it.

One more question--are you planning on using WI as a substitution for race fuel or in conjunction with race fuel? And is it water only or water/methanol?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-05, 05:49 AM   #35
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
One more question--are you planning on using WI as a substitution for race fuel or in conjunction with race fuel? And is it water only or water/methanol?
as a substitution for but i may get a phil to do a race fuel map while i'm down there. as for water/methanol and water/alcohol blends. for anyone interested in wi, here's is the charged performance/aquamist forum section devoted to blends. there are some really bright people lounging around in there and i recommend the entire site. i don't know about you guys but i have a lot to learn.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/vie...900f6c42146789

i will be doing a water/alcohol, water methanol blend in the winter, in a concentration that will give me enough protection from freezing in the northeast. this thread has a graph of the concentrations required to hit the range of freezing points:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65

i figure that, for where i live in the ny, i need a blend that will take me down to about -15 to be safe.

stupid bruce tricks:

Last edited by Neanderthal Racing; 05-01-05 at 06:01 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-11-05, 01:39 PM   #36
kool168
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

kool168 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn... majic of money
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-05, 09:06 PM   #37
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"

My Subaru Parts for sale

update:

the shortblock is here. 110 lbs. pristine. i mounted it. i needed a shower when i was done.

- we're adding a koyo radiator and evan's "f npg+" coolant to the parts list.
- the rotated turbo kit, hydra-specific aquamist water/achohol injection kit (with display unit), hydra, turbosmart e-boost2 (white face/silver bezel with the optional single led ring mounted on a carbon fiber "a" pillar) and turbosmart bov are being supplied by element tuning and will be here over the next 2-3 weeks. it looks like the aquamist kit might be the last piece of the puzzle to get here.
- my b&b (aj-usa) catback should be here in 2 weeks. (my cobb ap, cobb tbe and typhoon will be for sale shortly - an ad can be found in the classifieds)
- phil likes the perrin modified injectors better than the pe850's. i'm holding off buying them yet because 1000cc injectors are still a possibility.

the next wave of parts will be ordered next week.

as i mentioned earlier in the thread, i will be breaking in the motor using a base map from phil. because phil is doing the same mods on his own element time attack car, the map should be pretty much on the money. at 1000 miles i'll drive it to md for the official tuning on a local dyno. i can't wait to see the numbers.

i will posting pictures of the build progression from tear down to reassembly.

stupid bruce tricks:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-05, 09:12 PM   #38
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"

My Subaru Parts for sale

feder's subaru in middletown, ny repaired(after a skirmish) my transmission under warranty. they replaced the 5th and 6th grear synchros AND the clutch.
you gotta love that - a fresh tranny for all that new motor.

stupid bruce tricks:

Last edited by Neanderthal Racing; 05-18-05 at 09:14 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-05, 12:25 PM   #39
evilSTi7
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 05 WRB/Gold
Fav Mod: Hood Scoop Homer
My Subaru Parts for sale

evilSTi7 is an unknown quantity at this point

hah u lucky [email protected]
David Hasselhoff Fan Club. Member #001 JOIN HERE!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-19-05, 07:44 PM   #40
bah14
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 2008 Forester Sports
Fav Mod: "Proper" Break-in
My Subaru Parts for sale

bah14 is an unknown quantity at this point

tease us with pics!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links