IW STi Forum banner

Matt's 2005 Aspen White STi (Coconut) -- HELP! Post #205

GD: 
67K views 204 replies 38 participants last post by  AW2005STi 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello guys! Back again with my second Subaru! And no I did not total my WRX.. I sold it to a very nice guy who will take great care of her! Anyways.. A little about myself. My name is Matt and I am 18 years old. I have been in love with Subarus since I was in 6th grade. I am a Senior in High School. I am very fortunate to have my dream car so early but I did work very hard for it. She is my baby and I will respect her with all I can. I live in Red Lodge, Montana, so 8 months of the year we see snow. My STi will not particularly be a winter car as I would prefer her to stay out of the snow and rain. With that though, she will take me on a few ski trips throughout the winter. I have big plans for her down the road! Anyways.. on with my STi!

According to CarFax, my car began her life in Orlando, where she lived there for about a year and 12,000 miles. My cousins boyfriend drove down to Florida from Montana to buy her in 2006. He miled her up in 2006 and 2007, bringing her right up to 50,000 miles, but she has only had 3,409 miles added since 2008.

I picked her up with 53,432 miles on her on December 18th, 2011. Best Day Ever. :)

Black - Currently on the Car
Red - Future Plans
Blue - Awaiting Installation​

-Modifications-

Suspension and Drivetrain

Perrin Short Shifter Kit
STi Pink Front STB
STi Pink Rear STB
Cusco Rear Camber Plates
ACT SB4-XTSS
Goodridge Braided Clutch Line
Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers with 10k/8k Spring Rates

Kartboy Front/Rear Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Anti-Lift Kit
Cusco Zero-2R Coilovers
Cusco E-con Controller
Cusco Front STB
Cusco Rear STB
Whiteline 25mm Front Sway Bar
Whiteline 27mm Rear Sway Bar
Perrin Xtreme Duty Spherical Bearing End Links
GTSPEC 4 Point Ladder Brace
GTSPEC Lightweight Rear Bumper Beam
GTSPEC Fender Reinforcement Braces
GTSPEC 4 Point Mid Ladder Brace
GTSPEC Rear 4 Point Sub Frame Tie Brace:rolleyes:
GTSPEC Rear Trailing Arms
GTSPEC Rear A Brace
GTSPEC Rear Adjustable Toe Arms

Performance
K&N Typhoon Short RAM intake
TurboXS RFL 3" CBE
TurboXS Down Pipe
TurboXS Test Pipe to Delete Cat on Down Pipe
Spearco TMIC
Perrin 2.4" Turbo Inlet
Perrin LCP
GReddy AOS
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Element Tuning 18G
TGV Deletes
Grimmspeed 8mm Phenolic Spacers
Grimmspeed Gaskets
One Step Colder Spark Plugs
DW 850cc Injectors
Stainless Oil Feed Line
Cobb AcessPort

Perrin Up Pipe
Perrin EL Headers
TGV Deletes
Perrin Stealth TMIC
Injector Dynamics 2000CC Injectors
Dual Walbro Fuel Pumps
Crawford Air/Oil Seperator
Garrett GTX3076R or Ported, Polished, Thermal Coated Twin Scroll Dom 1.5XTR
Brian Crower 272 Cams
Cosworth 100mm 9:2:1 Forged Pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
Cosworth Size 2 Main and Rod Bearings
GSC +1mm Oversized Forged Exhaust Valves
GSC +1mm Oversized Forged Intake Valves
GSC Springs and Retainers
ARP Head Studs
Cosworth 12mm Oil Pump
Golden Eagle Sleeves

Fluids
Royal Purple 10w-30 Motor Oil
KICS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
Red Line 75w-90ns Transmission Fluid
Red Line 75w-90 Rear Diff Fluid

Red Line Water Wetter
Red Line Comple Sl-1 Fuel System Cleaner
Red Line Power Steering Fluid

Wheels and RubberSSR SP3 18x11.5 +0 wrapped in 315/30R18 Falken Azenis RT615K

Motorsport-Tech 25mm Custom Spacers with 73.1 Centerbore
ARP Extended Wheel Studs
Brakes
Hawk HPS Front and Rear
Ferodo DR2500 Front Brake Pads
Porterfield R4S Rear Brake Pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
Project Mu Brake Kit (Dream)​

Interior

Prosport 52mm EGT
Prosport 52mm Boost
Prosport 52mm Oil Pressure
Flossy Snowball Shift Knob
Plasti Dip + Stone Guard on A, B, C Pillars + Trim
Camo Headliner
Bride Low Max Gias in Blue
Takata 4 Point Harness
Takata Harness Pads
Bride Type RO Seat Rails

Defi Imperial 52mm Boost
Defi Imperial 52mm EGT
Defi Imperial 60mm Oil Pressure
Defi Imperial 60mm Oil Temp
Defi Imperial 60mm Water Temp
Defi Link Meter
Black Suede Dash with Red Stitching
JDM S204 Dials and Hazard button.

Exterior
Cleared OEM Headlights
STi V-limited replica Front Lip
Rear Roof Spoiler
Factory Tint
JDM Foglights
Rally Armor Black with Black Text Mudflaps
Yakima FatCat 6
Yakima Q Clips
Yakima Q Towers
Yakima 44" Fairing
Yakima 48" Cross Bars
Karlton Fender Flares
Chargespeed Bottom Line Side Skirts
Chargespeed Rear Add Ons
Kansai Style Rear Diffuser
JDM Rain Guard

STi Limited Spoiler and Extra Trunk
Clear Bra
Yakima Bike Rack

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Re: Matt's 2005 Aspen White STi (WARNING: Tons of Pictures) :) ** NEW Exhaust Sound V

Nice car, solider! I'm glad to hear you're just going to build her. I had to chime in (because I know ((from experience))) that the stock motor modified is a freaking time bomb. My 1st and 2nd motor were replaced by Subaru, 3rd I had the same motor rebuilt with stock pistons (by Subaru) and that one didnt last 2,500 miles. I finally bored the motor to accept 100mm ross pistons, acl race and main bearings, arp head studs, blah blah blah, installed defi gauges (oil pressure, egt temp, boost) and have been extremely happy with the performance. Ohh yea, and with this motor, I am running Delo 15w40. NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE MOBIL1 IN YOUR SUBARU. Just sayin ....

Just Sayin

#38 ·
Re: Matt's 2005 Aspen White STi (WARNING: Tons of Pictures) :) ** NEW Exhaust Sound V

Its cool to see another 17 year old with an STi! Im 17 too! Congrats on your car!
hey thanks man! youve got quite the build going with your car. best of luck dude! :)

#39 ·

Coconut got a slight makeover today.. When I first got her, she had these ugly PCV lines that always bugged me. I finally replaced them with black ones and hid them better than before! I think the next little project will be a deep cleansing of the engine bay :)

Before:

After:

#40 · (Edited)

Oh and you guys have never met the Ranger..

Ranger is my DD in the winter. He was my first car. I got him for free (long story). He is perfect for Montana roads and allows my girl to stay in the garage during the cold and crappy weather :)

Year: 1987
Engine: 2.9L V6
Transmission: 5 Speed
Miles: 51,xxx :)

Modifications:

15x8 ATX Mojave wrapped in 30" Toyo High Country tires.
25% Tint all around
All the chrome has been painted black
Stickers (for a few hundred extra horse power)

This is Ranger and Coco in the garage this evening. Notice Ranger has taken enough dirt for both of them ;) Coco is still in winter mode just in case!

[/URL]

#42 ·

OHAIDER Ranger :) Just wondering you wanna talk about the long story :)
hahaha I might as well! So my great Uncle Ed passed away a few years ago at the age of 98. He bought the Ranger brand new in 87 and drove it for 42 thousand miles. He was always a outgoing person, so he decided to walk everywhere in Butte, Montana. When he passed away, he gave the truck to my Aunt Marilyn. She decided they had no use for it, so they passed it on to me. Basically, its a mint condition 1987 Ranger with sentimental value that was given to me :)

#48 · (Edited)

Here is an edited picture from the parking garage shoot we had quite a while ago! Its overdone but i like it! Also, Coco got some Blizzaks today for her winter set up! They were given to me by a very generous man named Stewart Bertolino. He is big into Subarus in my area and just happened to have an old set laying around. Thanks a bunch Stewart :)

#50 ·

For Christmas, My good friend Caden (Rated) gave me a JDM Hazard Light! :) The JDM looks is in the works now! Here she is :)

Before:

After:

#52 · (Edited)

So it has been about a week since I last updated this thread! Coco has a brand new ski rack :) I got her the Yakima FatCat 6 with all the supporting attachments. So far it is awesome! I also purchased a bunch of Red Line fluids for her for the 60k service. And her Blizzaks were put on :)

More Pictures Tomorrow!

#55 ·

Added to my car picture folder <3 Coco is looking...welll dont punch me for bieng interested in your daughter but shes hot...
Thanks man! haha i wont punch you in the face... this time ;) haha but ive got a whole bunch more pictures similar to this one! I will post them later tonight. If you ever want any high res copies just let me know!

#56 ·

haha! I'm kind of in to his daughter too......
hahah nice try Jake! Too bad my daughter is taken by your daughter.. you shouldnt be going for your daughters girlfriend ;) haha

#60 ·

Speaking of daughters Hunters is a real looker... Its really awsome that you own the best year of STI's I cant get enough of it its so awsome.You Jake and Hunter have the best cars on the site in my eyes :).(you too jordan :) (just get it running))

#61 ·

Coco and Ranger. Plus Coco in winter mode. I bought a fairing for the roof rack. I gotta put that on :)

Plus the Red Line Fluids and Blizzaks :)

Illest;)

#63 ·

car looks excellent! any highway noise with that ski rack?
I just put on the fairing today so i havent had a chance to see! I drove it a few hundred miles without the fairing and it seemed fine! So far i loooove it :)

#64 ·

Coco got the fairing put on today :) Plus she is in 1/2 Winter Mode 1/2 Summer Mode! haha enjoy!

#65 ·

If my car had a clone....hmmmmm... lol

Looks great! If you put skis on that rack, watch out for the wing when you open the trunk. I finally got tired of always worrying about it, and bought a really cheap carbon wingless trunk just for ski season.

#66 ·

If my car had a clone....hmmmmm... lol

Looks great! If you put skis on that rack, watch out for the wing when you open the trunk. I finally got tired of always worrying about it, and bought a really cheap carbon wingless trunk just for ski season.
ill have to take a look at your car! i dont know if ive seen it :) i have a wingless trunk too with a limited lip. I just got to get it painted! i snowboard so i dont have to worry about the wing, although i still am very cautious everytime i open the trunk. Thanks for the advice man :)

#67 ·

Anytime! I actually board too, but I have friends who ski, and they are not as cautious as me lol

My car, well it looks a lot like yours. 05 Aspen White with black Team Dynamics wheels for the summer/AutoX and Gold BBS and blizzaks for winter. I have the same lip, cleared out headlights, and the same exhaust I think lol and soon Ill be stealing your fog lights!!!! hahaha Oh, and I also have a yakima rack, but not the flat design ski mounts.

#68 ·

Anytime! I actually board too, but I have friends who ski, and they are not as cautious as me lol

My car, well it looks a lot like yours. 05 Aspen White with black Team Dynamics wheels for the summer/AutoX and Gold BBS and blizzaks for winter. I have the same lip, cleared out headlights, and the same exhaust I think lol and soon Ill be stealing your fog lights!!!! hahaha Oh, and I also have a yakima rack, but not the flat design ski mounts.
i found your car in the Official Aspen White Thread! Shes gorgeous man :) My friends ski too, but luckily they are almost as cautious as me! haha we are comin down to CO soon to ride at Breck and Keystone. We might have to meet up for a quick matching cars photoshoot ;)

#70 ·

Thanks man!

Id be down to meet up, those would be some sexy pictures! :D hahaha
Sounds like a plan to me! :) Ill give you a heads up when we are going to head down there and we could set something up. Im not a great photographer but ive got a nice enough camera that it can do most the work for me ;) haha but still they would be some sexy pictures!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.