GD: Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted. - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.

Old 10-06-11, 02:59 PM   #1
Shrek
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: '17 CBS STi
Fav Mod: Wal-Mart valve stem caps
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Shrek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.

Decided to re-make this post, I've got a few minutes on my hand. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, we're about half way home! I can't wait to get back into my car and just go for a 40 hour drive, haha.

Here's a little back-story of the car: I bought the car as the 3rd owner, I picked it up with 62,XXX on the clock, for $18,900 otd w/ carfax and service records. The car was heavily modified (I know I know..) The checks came back good as far as compression and leakdown numbers are concerned, so I bought it. The front O2 sensor was bad when I bought it, so I replaced that for $200 from Cleo Bay Subaru. I was leaving my apartment complex, about to head over to a buddy's house, when I made a left turn heading towards the gate to get out and I heard a locking and binding sound from the right front tire, I looked down and saw that my ABS light was on, and my DCCD light was blinking in full open. So I parked the car and drove my truck, later on that day I took the car back to the dealership where I bought it from, and they had a mechanic look at it (took 3 days or so.) It turned out that my DCCD module had gone bad, and would cost $1200 dollars to replace with a "used" one. I didn't like the sound of that, so I called Subaru and I was informed that I could drop the car off at the dealership and they would replace it for $1400 with a brand new unit w/ warranty. I had it replaced, and 3 days later, the same thing happened. Back to the dealership I go. A module that hangs behind the glove box was left dangling for it's life, so they re-mounted it and cleared the codes. It's been fine ever since. The APS EL headers have cracked on my twice, which I have read they are notorious for doing, so I've had those re-welded. And the "Firestone Nightmare" here's the link to the story: https://www.iwsti.com/forums/off-topic/238281-firestone-liable-stripped-broken-caliper-pics-inside.html

That's pretty much my back-story. Now, to the beast:

Tuned by Daniel @ Church Automotive Testing - 363hp/366tq on 91 octane @20psi. No meth.

Engine/Drivetrain:
Fully built block
ARP head studs
Blouch Dom 3.0XT-R (To be installed.)
APS SR56 turbo (internally gated)
APS 70mm CAI w/ inlet pipe
APS EL headers w/ high-flow up-pipe
APS TMIC w/ 50/50 BPV
Tanabe Medalion Concept G Blue TBE (80mm DP)
Nismo 740cc side feed injectors
Walbro 255
Coolingmist Varicool water/meth injection (Currently uninstalled)
APS TGV deletes
Perrin upper radiator hose
Samco coolant hoses
Crawford air/oil separator
ACT HD 4 puck clutch
ACT XACT Prolite flywheel
Cobb 2-way adjustable short throw shifter w/ Cobb bushings.
Cobb Lightweight pulley
Cusco radiator cooling plate
OEM radiator
Carbon fiber alternator cover (To be installed.)

Suspension:
ISC N1 coilovers (10k/8k springs)
Whiteline strut tower bars, front and rear
Kartboy Endlinks, front and rear
Whiteline control arms and lateral links
Cusco trailing arms
Cusco JDM front and rear swaybars

Exterior:
Rally Armor mudflaps
Yakima 48" Q rack w/ 44" fairing (To be installed.)
Stocker 17" BBS wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza RE760's

Interior/Electronics:
BLOX Racing Neo Chrome 450g shift knob. (To be installed.)
Defi boost gauge
Defi oil press. gauge
Defi link control unit
COBB Accessport V2
Greddy turbo timer
De-carpeted cab and trunk
JVC KWAV60 DVD player head-unit (To be installed.)
Graco carseat w/ daughter

Future plans:
Rotated GT30/35R turbo
Front mount intercooler
Short ram intake
850/1000cc injectors
New clutch, flywheel
Carbon fiber trunk (wingless)
Carbon fiber hood
18x9/9.5 wheels, not sure which ones yet
Maybe E85.

Here are a few pictures, some old, some new. I am in Afghanistan right now, so it's hard to get pictures from my wife. I will post newer pictures next year and keep this post updated with problems/upgrades and all sorts of fun stuff. Thank you for reading.

Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-531776_526113454073887_117909064_n-jpg
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-249260_218267314858504_1564502_n-jpg
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-261978_234705389881363_2145287_n-jpg
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-269991_234705103214725_1947351_n-jpg

Last edited by Shrek; 02-15-13 at 02:52 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-11, 06:47 PM   #2
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I re-enlisted to go to Ft. Lewis, WA. I'll be reporting in August, after we get back from this deployment early next year. I am pretty pumped about it, with the exception of 91 octane being the "premium" fuel type on the West Coast, just like in Vegas.

Also bought a Yakima Roof Rack for luggage and snowboarding purposes. Also a Carbon fiber alternator cover, for some added "bling" to the engine bay. When I get back, I will post the pictures up. I will be removing the spoiler, and I will also be prepping the trunk myself to have it wrapped in carbon fiber.
Attached Thumbnails
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-untitled-png  

Last edited by Shrek; 12-24-12 at 01:07 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-25-12, 10:50 AM   #3
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Wakawaka - '05 IBP STi

I came within seconds of trading the STi for a brand new 2013 WRX, the only thing holding me back was the $585 monthly payment, and the severe downgrade in performance and handling. So I decided to go through with fixing the car, here's my story:

Well, I just can't seem to catch a break with this car. In the past month, the radiator cracked, an oil leak was found (both fixed by Subaru of Las Vegas, $14XX.00.) My wife heard some weird noises from the rear, took it in to find that the rear rotors were warped 28mm on the left side, not sure about the right. Also, the brake calipers are siezed, no big surprise there. So Subaru will attempt to turn the rotors within spec, if that is un-achievable I will be purchasing 2 new rotors, along with 2 new brake calipers. They also discovered another couple of leaks, the differential (rear) and a leak up front, not sure whether it's the valve cover or (heads?) I couldn't quite hear the guy on the phone.. I have officially re-named this car, fittingly, to "Moneypit." The brakes will be around $2k to replace if the rotors need to be purchased, and I don't even want to know how much the oil leak will be to fix.. It's hard being in Afghanistan while all this is going on, or I'd do the work myself. But all I can wonder is, "What's going to go wrong next?" I was saving money for a complete rotated set-up from Perrin, after paying off bills with the extra cash from deployment.. But it looks like most, if not all of the extra money will be going in to the car to make it operable again. 82XXX miles on the car currently. Hopefully after this "fix" from Subaru, the car will be in excellent shape for another 40-50k miles, for my bank account's, and my own sanity's sake.

Last edited by Shrek; 12-24-12 at 01:06 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-12, 01:02 PM   #4
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Moneypit - '05 OBP STi

Car is fixed, up and running.. Valve cover for bank 1 has been replaced, 2 new rear rotors and 2 new rear calipers. Pro-tune coming soon, excited to see the numbers on paper.

Last edited by Shrek; 12-24-12 at 01:06 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-13-12, 08:20 PM   #5
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Hopefully thinks work out for you. Thanks for serving and happy safe holidays to you.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-21-12, 09:26 AM   #6
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Pro-tune coming sooner than expected. This Sunday, my wife will be taking the car in to get pro-tuned by Shawn Church, for a 91 octane map, hopefully 2 maps, one for low boost and another for high boost, since I will be moving to WA next year. I will also get the car tuned for 93 octane after this deployment, in Texas. I will post the dyno results when I get them.. Hoping for some nice numbers.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-21-12, 07:23 PM   #7
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: $20. mudflaps from auto zone
My Subaru Parts for sale

Neanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really nice

me, too, shrek!

stupid bruce tricks:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-24-12, 12:55 PM   #8
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Well, she's finally tuned for 91 octane, w/o meth injection. Tuning was done by Daniel @ Church Automotive Testing out of Wilmington CA. Overall I am fairly pleased with the numbers for a safe tune on 91 octane. I can't wait to get back to Texas and figure out this water/meth thing to get that back in operation. Wanting to break into the 410-425 range.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-27-13, 12:44 PM   #9
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Moneypit - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.

450g of sweet buttery goodness.
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-image_1359071557594699-jpg
Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.-image_1359071718836022-jpg
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-13, 03:38 PM   #10
Shrek

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Spool Bus - '05 OBP STi - Protune complete 23Dec12, numbers posted.

Turbo oil seals turned out to be fine. AVCS line was dumping oil into the intake causing smoke, but the DOM 3 is installed and working great. Next purchase will be a FMIC.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement