GD: Guardian-X-'s 06' STi Still in the shed though not parted way's yet - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Guardian-X-'s 06' STi Still in the shed though not parted way's yet
Guardian-X-'s 06' STi Still in the shed though not parted way's yet
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Guardian-X-'s 06' STi Still in the shed though not parted way's yet

Old 08-31-11, 03:44 PM   #11
Interistasti
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: TopSpeed SS1/1.5XTR
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Interistasti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guardian-X-'s hawk-eye STi ( DEFI Advance BF setup pics added! )

Nice WRB welcome to the forum!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-11, 02:26 PM   #12
Guardian-X-
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Fav Mod: Ecutek racerom tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Guardian-X- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interistasti View Post
Nice WRB welcome to the forum!
Thx man ( nowhere near as powerful and modified as yours though ... you got some sweet mod's going on )
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-08-11, 07:05 AM   #13
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I ordered new gaskets and cable's for my 04-05 tails. Hope to have these in about 3 weeks so i can finally get rid of those unequal and lexus like taillights. I'm gonna swap the bulbs over and intend to keep both set's of tails. All in all it will have cost me 175 for the tails wich is a little more than what i expected to give but hey ...

A snapshot the seller sent me ( little did i know they where missing both the gaskets and cable tree's ... should have looked into it a little better)

I have tried to clean up 1 of the headlights using meg's PlastX and a foam pad wich worked rather well and the housing is very shiny. But if you look at it closely i didn't manage to take away any real marks/deep scratches... but swirls/very light scratches did go away though so next i'm gonna try using my DA polisher with a very soft pad and give it a go and see how it comes out. Very likely that i'll do my headlights aswell because this stuff works very well to clear the headlights up to "new" like status.

A quick shot of some of my latest detailing purchases.

I will update as soon as the tails are complete, installed and polished.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 09-08-11 at 07:09 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-11, 08:56 AM   #14
SeaOfGreen
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: "Polka Pickle"
My Subaru Parts for sale

SeaOfGreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guardian-X-'s hawk-eye STi ( Onto page 2 ... )

Nice car, where did you order your shift knob from?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-08-11, 09:57 AM   #15
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Guardian-X-'s hawk-eye STi ( Onto page 2 ... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen View Post
Nice car, where did you order your shift knob from?
Thx! Got the knob from a local subaru dealership ( set me back arround 80 ) wich is quite expensive for a simple plastic knob but all in all i think it's worth it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-11-11, 03:26 AM   #16
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Guardian-X-'s 06' hawk-eye STi [ Engine is suddenly using large amount of oil :(

This time no new mod's to be posted but a rather worrying issue.

It seems the engine has been using quite a large amount of oil and this happened in no more than 3k km's ... The dipstick wen't from full at the oil change to nearly empty in about 3000km's. I'm kind of freaked out because the STi had never used a drop of oil before and now suddenly this.

The fear for broken ringland comes mainly from the fact that i had it pro-tuned a very renowned tuner ( paul blamire from zenperformance UK ) and that was just after my oil change @ 36K km's and now it's at 39K km's ... i'm positive the tune was done very well but maybe there was an issue before the tune and it cound't handle the extra 80bhp or something ... i'm clueless.

The first thing that came to mind is "broken ringland" and if that would be the case it surely would mean the end of my STi story ... i've put a serious amount of money in buying and modifying it and i simply can't afford a total rebuild just now.

Yesterday i was constantly thinking about it so i checked to see if there was no oil leaking somewhere and took off the underpanel but the engine was completely dry so it's not a leak.

This pic show roughly how it was and how it is now.

If anyone has more idea's on how/why it could have blown this much oil in this short period of time please feel free to post your thoughts.

The car has never seen a track and never driven extremely hard/foolish. Yes obviously i do some spirited driving once in a while but never anything crazy.

I'm gonna try and keep a very close eye on it now and maybe see if i can do a compression test in the near future.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 09-11-11 at 03:31 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-08-11, 07:55 AM   #17
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Guardian-X-'s 06' hawk-eye STi [ Engine is suddenly using large amount of oil :(

Oil level after +-500km is still at the top level ... i'm checking it every so often and have my fingers crossed that i don't have an issue at hand.

I'll use this post for a 3$ cupholder mod while i'm at it. I had the idea for a while and came across a post of someone doing the same thing so i figured that i might aswell have a go at it. I always hated **** rattling and moving arround in the cupholders making noise so here is what i did to stop it.

I don't know if it's worth to put in the "How-To" section ... if you guy's think it worth putting up then i'll fabricate a post on there with some minor instructions but as you can see the pics kind of sum up all you need and what needs to be done.

I also changed my taillights a few day's ago to 04-05's and they came out GREAT very happy with how she looks now. I'll post pictures of that up next time

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 10-08-11 at 08:21 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-15-11, 10:26 AM   #18
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Guardian-X-'s 06' hawk-eye STi [ 3$ cupholder mod and pics ]

And the tail lights are now swapped to 04-05 ... with much delay due to missing gasket and cable's.

Before and after shot's.

I also polished them with my DA polisher and Meguiar's PlastX. Pic of the result:

Yes it's missing a bulb but that has already been taken care of. (my old set only had 1 reverse light so i was missing 1 bulb in the new housing but already put a new one in this morning)

I'm very happy with how it turned out. Looks awesome and now i even have 2 reverse bulbs instead of 1

One thing i would like to change though is swap out the orange bulbs for chrome coated bulbs that still flash orange cause i don't like the orange glare in the housings (same thing on the front) or maybe led's but hey it works as it is now so there's no rush.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 10-15-11 at 10:36 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-11, 07:51 AM   #19
Guardian-X-

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Guardian-X-'s 06' hawk-eye STi [ Taillight swap including pics! ]

Long time since my last post and haven't been doing that much to the scooby ( driving it alot more then tooling arround on it )

The car is now back on it's stock enkei wheels but with fresh dunlop wintersport 3D rubber (very pleased about the tires)

SFB decal has been purchased and added ( have 4 in total but only put 1 on the car so far )

Coming up is some maintenance work because there is a rather dark rubbery substance floating arround in the coolant ... not sure what it is but the overflow res is showing much of this goo ( the coolant itself however looks rather clean )

No idea what this is and flushing the reservoir hasn't done much cleaning-wise so i had to buy a toilet brush no less to try and clean it out ... ( toilet brush is a brand NEW one btw )

The subaru dealerships in belgium do not have subaru coolant but rather the "stuff that fits every car/brand" type of ****... has something to do with the transportation of liquids and safety/enviroment regulations and thus they cannot import it. I bought 6L of their stuff and the guy told me the brand was TOTAL and they use it in every car they service ( Saab,subaru and mitsubishi )

As you can see i also picked up an oiler filter + crush ring and a new airfilter wich was very necessary because the apexi filter was in for approx 15-18k km's ... i know i should have put a new one in alot sooner but as i worked on practically everything else i kind of forgot about it. Wel at least i cleaned it out twice during that time...

Any help is appreciated if anyone has an idea on what the strange rubbery substance in the coolant could be. Tbh i did pinch the top coolant hose once or twice when the coolant was hot to check the rubber ... maybe that loosend up some goo on the walls of the hose i dunno.. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 12-15-11 at 07:55 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-11, 05:29 PM   #20
dpark91
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: '07 SWP STi
Fav Mod: Cobb AP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

dpark91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guardian-X-'s 06' hawk-eye STi

Hey, I really like what you did with the cup holders. I actually feel the same way as you about how the cup holders suck and I was wondering if you can PM me the list of the materials you used to do this mod. Thanks you! Btw, I like your clean STi!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement