IW STi Forum banner

HIGHROLLER's '06 WRB STi- 380/377! SOLD!!

GD: 
38K views 227 replies 24 participants last post by  highroller101 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD TO ICEMAN22!!

Few parts to sell and then I'll be onto my new project!

Hey guys, ive been on here for a while and figured id start my journal!
so as the title says, I have an 06 wrb sti with gold bbs rims and currently original tires. i bought it in october 09 with 10k mi on it, I have driven it for 5.5k miles so far and its time to upgrade!!!

Current mods:

Engine:
Top Speed SS1 short block (new)
Arp head studs(new)
Killer b oil pickup tube(new)
Killer b windage tray(new)
Killer b ultimate oil pan v2(new)
Greddy oil catch can
Group N engine mounts
NGK one step colder plugs
TGV deletes and ported

Turbo:
ATP 3076 EWG .83 A/R
Tial MV-R 44mm routed to dp

Intercooler:
APS DR525 stealth
TurboSmart 50/50 dual port BOV

Intake:
APS 70mm CAI
Perrin after maf hose
AMR 3" hard inlet

Exhaust:
Tomei equal length headers with jet hot coating
Invidia v2 catless dp
SPT modified to 3" straight thru cbe

Engine management:
EFi Logics tuned 380whp/377wtq 93oct @22.5 psi
Cobb APv2
Grimmspeed EBCS

Fuel:
Walbro 255lph
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
XX tuning fuel rails
DW 850cc side feed injectors

Suspension:
Feal 441 Coilovers with adjustable camber plates
whiteline adjustable lateral links
Cobb 25mm f/r sways
Kartboy rear bushings
Whiteline steering rack bushings

Driveline:
ACT Xtreme with performance street disc(new)
New oem flywheel
Kartboy short shifter
Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings

Interior/I.C.E.:
ATI center gauge pod
STRI 60mm boost, oil pressure, oil temp
Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT nav
Back up camera
BlueTooth
Titanium shift knob
STi dead pedal
Interior Flair: Red IC sprayer
Headlight dial
Driver window switches
Passenger switch
Cig lighter
Key ring
Glove box
Red hvac red on button blue dial indicator
Blue footwell illumination kit
Subtle solutions HVAC black overlays
Headlight armor cf wrap

Exterior:
Debadged
CF flame shield
Tein bonnet dampers

Wheels/tires:
Track: Hoosier R6 255/45/17 on Kosei K1 17x9
Street: Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs 245/40/17 on stock goldies
Sweet autozone black tuner lugs
Dunlop winter sport m3 snow tires (currently using)

INDEX:
UPDATED ENGINE SHOTS: POST 147
INTERIOR SHOTS: POST 148
EXTERIOR SHOTS: POST 149

Attachments

See less See more
#85 ·
Re: HIGHROLLER's '06 WRB STi- ORDERS COMING IN!

invidia v2 catless exhaust came in today along with the grimmspeed tgv's.

headers, dp, and up pipe are being jet hot coated

#86 ·

Quick question guys, can I use the stock bpv for my setup or do I need to do a 50/50 recirc? Going to run about 25psi

#87 ·

can I use the stock bpv for my setup or do I need to do a 50/50 recirc? Going to run about 25psi
If you want something, I'd recommend the Forge BPV. Also, Cobb just came out with a BPV that's adjustable (although I haven't read anything about it besides what's on their website). Even a 50/50 is still theoretically bad if you have a draw through MAF like the APS 70mm intake.

#89 ·

WOW 25psi on stock motor? Car won't last to long with that much psi running through it!
Read my mod list! I'm running meth!!!
If I wasn't it'd be a disaster waiting to happen. Eventually the motor will let go. I'm expecting to get at least 2 years out of it tho. Then I'll go 30r or twin scroll 35r. I'll have all the mods except fuel rails for it!

#91 ·

Even with meth 25psi? WOW
yup! im expecting 380-385whp/390tq with the stock top mount, then im hoping to bump that to 400/400 on a dynodynamics dyno after fmic install..
im not expecting the motor to last forever, but mostly im worried about the head gasket and head studs holding up!

#98 ·

If you're not already wearing Subimod t-shirts, I thought you might like one of these. :devil:

Lol bad! Once again you made my day!!! Lol

#93 ·

Just got a 50 dollar ticket in ma. I wasn't doing anything else wrong.. Kind of mad and the cop was a jerk

#100 ·

mass is gay. That sucks dood! ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegal? That is the dumbest thing ever. I would investigate that law, to find it's validity, and fight the **** out of it.
Want to know how gay mass is? ANY modification to your car that is not factory is illegal. You will not pass inspection and if u get caught it goes on your insurance as improper equipment and your insurance goes up

#99 ·

Where in MA are you located?
Western mass, wilbraham to be specific. If you'd like, a bunch of us are going to lebanon valley on Wednesday for 530pm if you'd like to go, meet at exit 3 on mass pike at 4:15

#118 ·
Re: HIGHROLLER's '06 WRB STi- CHANGED TURBO! ATP 3076!!

Looks like a solid time. I'm expecting a hight 14 whenever I go out to the track next year. :lol:
With your skills, you'd cross the line in 6th @ 3k rpm lol
I know. :( They can go through the trap in 4th.
YOU can too :)
you can run mid 12s with your gearing/mods easily.
this^
I thought the 07 gearing just had longer 3rd and 4th gears. It's really a blessing and a curse. 5th gear feels like 4.5; consequently, 6th feels like 5.5. However, for an 07 with the stock turbo, I thought it was faster to shift into 5th. The stock turbo makes peak power at 5-5.5k, and I thought people found out that it was better to shift into 5th and utilize the power than to stay in 4th to redline. I could be wrong though. I do agree that you should be in the mid/high 12s, but I don't know anything about drag racing, so no tips from me.
Makes perfect sense. Just cuz you're in a gear longer doesn't mean you have more power in it. I look at my dyno charts to figure out my shift points. I figure on my current setup, I'm going to shift around 6200ish in the lower gears then 7100ish in 3rd/4th/5th.
there are a few factors. i know my buddy went to the dragstrip with 278 dynojet whp and went 12.6 with a 1.60 60ft in his 05. all he had was a catted turboback and a conservative protune.

no flat foot shifting just proper shift points etc.
Launch control? That helps ALOT. I had a buddy that was stg 2, w/o lc, he ran 12.9, with 12.4 I think?? I've never used it but REALLY want to. My goal is to hit 10.9999 :)

HighRollin, welcome to the 30r club ;) though for autox, people tend to downgrade from a 30r as it's too "laggy" for 1st 2nd gear racing. Ask BadLandRacer/Mike, he downsized. Peak tq around 5k'ish (my plateau on stock motor was 4750-5250 @ 364 peak.) I'm now 436/426 on pump 499/486 ms109. 30r's can definitely be potent :D

#105 ·

guys im changing my mind about the 20g, i think im going to go bigger... ATP 3076

#106 ·

I got protuned tonight by Subimods new tuner! He is fantastic and it was a road tune so I don't have dyno sheets, but he made 19.5 psi at 3200 rpm tapering to 16, he increased my redline to 7500 only for an autocross. If anyone needs an excellent protune open source or ap pm me and I will get you hooked up!

#108 ·

he increased my redline to 7500 only for an autocross.
Hmmm.... That would have solved the below issue for me...

From my journal when I was reporting live from my last event:

Dropped 3 seconds. Now in 3rd place of the noob class. I also discovered where I'm wasting atleast 2 seconds. On the first straight there is a series of cones half way that make you think you need to slow down for a turn or slalom... It's not and I'm breaking about 15 yards to soon then speeding up and breaking again.

One more run left. If I fix this one issue and don't hit any cones I should drop a couple of more seconds.
Final run... Everything goes perfect. I notice half way through that the car seems WAY down on responsiveness and power. As I cross the finish line I look down.... I had shifted to third on the straight without realizing it and kept it there for the remaining 90% of the course!!!
:rofl:

#107 ·

I ran at lebanon valley tonight, the weather was aweful, my best time of 3 runs was 13.175@103.69 best yet and the protune definately helped, but I'm really starving for a new turbo!!!!

#109 ·

Yup the gearing in our cars suck... If I had an 07 I'd be in mid 12's with that vf43 and longer 2nd,3rd,4th gears...

#111 ·

Yea, FYI 07 sti at 7k is 110mph... Wouldn't that be nice? Instead of our 99.8mph

#113 ·

I know.. My friend ran 12.7@107 on a stg2 sti with mbc and spt intake... I was pissed.. Darn vf43 and 07 tranny!

#115 ·

That's what I thought too... Nothing adds up in my estimation... My 60ft times are good, my 1/8 mile is good, my trap speed is good, my time is not.. And I can shift very well, still learning how to 75% flat foot tho

#117 ·

That's what I thought too... Nothing adds up in my estimation... My 60ft times are good, my 1/8 mile is good, my trap speed is good, my time is not.. And I can shift very well, still learning how to 75% flat foot tho
there are a few factors. i know my buddy went to the dragstrip with 278 dynojet whp and went 12.6 with a 1.60 60ft in his 05. all he had was a catted turboback and a conservative protune.

no flat foot shifting just proper shift points etc.

#116 ·

I thought the 07 gearing just had longer 3rd and 4th gears. It's really a blessing and a curse. 5th gear feels like 4.5; consequently, 6th feels like 5.5. However, for an 07 with the stock turbo, I thought it was faster to shift into 5th. The stock turbo makes peak power at 5-5.5k, and I thought people found out that it was better to shift into 5th and utilize the power than to stay in 4th to redline. I could be wrong though. I do agree that you should be in the mid/high 12s, but I don't know anything about drag racing, so no tips from me.

#119 ·

Lc is deadly for our cars! It may help, also the altitude has a HUGE bearing on times.. My calculated altitude is usually over 2000 ft...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.