GD: Oil cooler! I need one!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; 400WHP@20PSI - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Oil cooler!  I need one!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; 400WHP@20PSI
Oil cooler!  I need one!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; 400WHP@20PSI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Oil cooler! I need one!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; [email protected]

Old 11-07-11, 10:31 AM   #41
Glycerin
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: DTC60s + Brake Ducts
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Glycerin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HPDE Dates inside!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; [email protected]

LOL yes I need to! The car is on jacks right now for a C/O fix, I should take pics.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-11, 04:29 AM   #42
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all
Default Re: HPDE Dates inside!! DD/Tracked, WRB 05, ARFAB block, Dom 4 XTR; [email protected]

Another person who has a real life and no time to update ^ - subscribed.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-11, 10:29 AM   #43
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Fav Mod: TiC SST's and Vorshlag Plates
My Subaru Parts for sale

T3h_Clap will become famous soon enoughT3h_Clap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Another person who has a real life and no time to update ^ - subscribed.
ouch, that hurts.

Glycerin, if you don't snap pics can you go over basically what was needed to utilize the ducts?

I'm thinking of cutting off the portion that "turns" towards the rotor so I can just use a hose clamp there.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-11, 04:15 PM   #44
Glycerin

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h_Clap View Post
ouch, that hurts.

Glycerin, if you don't snap pics can you go over basically what was needed to utilize the ducts?

I'm thinking of cutting off the portion that "turns" towards the rotor so I can just use a hose clamp there.
Haha, ok guys. Here are the pics, as requested. Since you pestered me so much, LOL J/K :P

Ok, so here, notice that I have used plenty of 4" hose up front to attach to the duct and then plenty of 3 inch to allow for freedom of movement in the wheel well. This worked out well on both ends because the spring action of the ducting held things in place very well. (the clamps shown are the only clamps I used per side)

Detail of how I attached it. Zipties FTW. (4 total)

More details

I used a some spare fog light covers for the front (all the parts I used are in the posts above). the "glue" is something similar to the stuff you would use to put together a fish tank.

More detail

More detail

Ask questions if you have them!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-11, 05:07 PM   #45
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Thanks for the images. And I was speaking of myself (I don't have a life anymore--work-- fix up pillboxes for the wife--forums---repeat....my life is like the movie 50 First Dates and my wife is the lead....so I chase the speed demon when I can)

Wish I would have gone this route instead of the Roo Ducts (which will become wall hangings -- I'll have a dozen pair of Vette ducts for next season).

Protune video

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-11, 09:47 PM   #46
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems

My Subaru Parts for sale

that looks good, when you slap them back on can you snap another pic before you slap the wheels on?

My issue is I've got an oil cooler in the driver's side fog light cover area, so I gotta figure that out.

I like seeing the vette ducts put together like that.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-11, 05:45 AM   #47
Glycerin

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Oil cooler is gonna make it alot more complicated. And the wheels are already back on the car...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-11, 05:50 AM   #48
T3h_Clap
I Solve Problems

My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm thinking of using the stock brake duct vents under the fog light covers (yours is blocked by the FMIC I think).

Did you use an existing hole to bolt them to the car or did you drill a fresh one?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-11, 06:46 AM   #49
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Good idea using the stock brake duct openings.

Protune video

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-11, 06:50 AM   #50
Glycerin

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So the ducting actually goes right through the fender liner; I cut a hole with a razer as close to inner edge as possible for it to pass through and made it just big enough to fit the ducting (this helped hold it in place) For mounting, I actually used a folded piece of sheet aluminum to make a bracket so I could use the mounting hole that is molded into the Z06 duct itself. Folding the aluminum allowed it to be ridged enough to hold the unit in place.

As for the intake itself, are you talking about the little holes just under where the foglight cover goes? I think that's way to small to even make sense, but that has to be your call.

There was no drilling involved, the only things that got cut were the fender liners on both sides.

EDIT: if you are talking about the OEM fog light covers like these:

Then it can make it more complicated because there is alot less for the actual ducting to attach to on the back of the fog. The reason I did what I did is for ease of install/uninstall and the fact that it says there when I want it to and doesn't move around.

Last edited by Glycerin; 11-09-11 at 07:03 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement